(F11) Season 4 - Match Results

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League South' started by The Richuation, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Posting Match Results

It is the responsibility of the WINNING CLUB or AWAY DRAW to post the results and summaries that immediately follow each match.

The TFL Live Table and Results will be updated every 24 hours. As the league is run manually, this information is crucial to ensure the integrity of the TFL and make things easier for data import into League Republic. Therefore, the below provided format must be duplicated for each posted match result.

Example:

===================
    Week 3 (Matchday 6)

Villarreal 2 - 1 Everton

Villarreal:
    :goal:Nilmar (39)
    :yellowcard:Marchena (73)
    :goal:Rossi (90)

Everton
    :yellowcard:Heitinga (51)
    :yellowcard:Coleman (70)
    :goal:Cahill (77)
    ====================

2. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

So, uh, who posts for a draw? It says away then switches to home in the post above.

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Opps. Fixed.

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Week 1 (Matchday 1)

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Tottenham

Aston Villa:
    :goal:Warnock (67)
    :goal:Heskey (86)

Tottenham:
    :goal:van der Vaart (23)
    :yellowcard:Bale (35)
    :redcard:Assou-Ekotto (90)

Possesion 58/42 Villa. Shots on target 3 to 5 Spurs. A great start for Aston Villa. Tottenham jumped out with the early lead, but GK Gomes made a major blunder on the Warnock cross to allow the equalizer. The game changed here. Tottenham started to press and allowed Bent to counterattack with the cross and header to Heskey.

Villa hanging on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

The missed punch into the back of the net killed me. I thought I had gotten more dangerous opportunities to that point and I thought I had done a really good job of keeping you out of your attacking third. After that happened, I went full retard. And you never go full retard. I fiddled with formations and pushed way up for the goal (probably out of frustration) and gotten beaten on the counter after having a few decent half chances.

A very Arsenal way to lose the match, right down to the horrible goalkeeping and boneheaded decisions.

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Villa won't lose many with 2 goals on the board.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

lol, at the 1st goal. Karma for your Arsenal bashing Ryala---don't you know the Gunners are God's team? :D

8. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Yeah, I'm not trying to take away from what you did. I just thought that I threw away a point by being an idiot after that first goal. The first goal was one of the more frustrating things I've ever encountered with this game and it really did a number on me.

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Everton 0 - 0 Aston Villa

No Events

Good game... another ugly one for us. 53/47 possession to AVFC.

10. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

I got pretty antsy towards the end which made me give up the ball really easily on the attack. GG

11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Tottenham (5) vs Palermo (1)

Tottenham:
    Defoe (11, 45)
    Van der Vaart (25, 86)
    Lennon (68)

Palermo:
    A. Hernandez

Believe or not, Palermo outshot Tottenham on the day. While Tottenham got the better opportunities (including a breakaway and a few open nets on headers), Palermo absolutely deserved more than 1 goal. Gomes was sensational in net, perhaps trying to atone for one of the worst blunders ever seen in the PL by a goalie when he punched the ball into his own net and cost his team points against Aston Villa.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

As I told ryal, I wish Gomes played that well when I had him haha. The difference was definitely goalkeeping/finishing. The only save I remember my goalie even making was one that appeared to be going out anyway. I had 11 shots on target, 1 goal....I had 6 corners to his one but I just couldn't get it past Gomes. He was diving and saving it, I'd come in for the rebound, he'd get back up and dive and save that too. It was like Jesus possessed his body haha.

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Palermo 1 Fulham 4

Pal
    5' :yellowcard: Cassani
    78' :goal: Pinilla

Fulham
    14' :goal: Dempsey (Corner Header)
    32' :goal: Etuhu
    45' :goal: Etuhu (Cross Header)
    67' :goal: Hangeland (Corner Header)

Pal - Ful
    1 Goals 4​
    11 Shots 13​
    6 On Target 8​
    45% Possession 55%​
    16 Tackles 9​
    3 Fouls 0​
    1 :yellowcard: 0​
    0 :redcard: 0​
    0 Injuries 1​
    2 Offsides 1​
    2 Corners 6​

• Like Like x 1
  14. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Keeping track of your headed goals? What's the over/under: 90%?

15. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

League 1, I will see you soon. I picked my team for their attacking players and figured I had an adequate defense and goalie but good lord. I think you have to kick it at my goalie's chest for him to save it. And as you can see, my team is terrible in the air. The only goal not headed in was from the byline....my goalie was there waiting for it and when Etuhu kicked it, my goalie moved his hand out of position to save it and dove over it basically. Goalies get sent away for goals being allowed like that. In all fairness, Fulham kicked my butt. However, just like with Ryal, it shouldn't have been as bad as it was if my goalie could just do his job at 50% haha. I think he has like 6 saves, 9 goals allowed and 5 or so of those saves were straight at his chest or from 35 yards and most likely not going in anyway. Can we do the transfer thing yet? I need a goalie haha

16. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

2 Napoli Everton 2

:goal:Cavani 21' (Corner Header)
    :goal:Arteta 50' (Free Kick)
    :goal:Arteta 76'
    :goal:Victor Ruiz 90' (Corner Header)

Possession went to Everton while shots and shots on target went to Napoli. Everton once again displayed their inability to maintain possession in the final ten minutes of the second half which led to an array of chances for Napoli culminating in a game tying goal via clusterfuck orgy monster of a corner kick.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'm going to start posting like this also.. It should be interesting to see how many damn corner headers I give up.. I can't even tell you how many I give up. I would say it's probably 85% of my goals given up. It drives me nuts how I can't defend these.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Napoli (2) v Everton (2)

Napoli
    Cavani (21)
    Victor Ruiz (90)

Everton
    Mikel Arteta (50, 76)

Definitely feel like I should have won this won. Had a ton of chances, but my finishing was pretty poor. Had one that bounced off of the cross bar which hurt. Gave up a free kick goal where my defender whiffed on a bicycle instead of heading and my keeper dove over it. Played decent defensively, only gave up 2 shots that weren't off of free kicks. I just need to finish better. =/

• Like Like x 1
  19. AJ Hart MN

Week 1 (Matchday 2)

Manchester City 0 @ Juventus 1

Juventus

Goals
    Quagliarella (15')

The game disconnected between the 75th and 80th minute so we decided to play a 4mn half.

Juventus had the better of the chances early and Quags finally secured the first goal of the season for Juve with a nifty little move and strike in the Penalty area. After that, both defenses pretty much did what they wanted to. JJ is always such a tough guy to beat so I'm very excited to get this win. I'm sure he'll be ready for me when I travel to England for the return fixture.

• Like Like x 1
  20. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Week 1 Match 2

Fulham 2 Arsenal 0

Ful
    34' :goal: Dempsey
    86' :goal: Zamora (Cross Header)

Wow, what a great game. For the first 20-25 minutes he had most momentum and everything and it quickly change from about the 30' to half where we ended with 50% possession. Schwarzer played out of his mind against the Gunners as he staved off many attempts to tie the game and then Fulham made another run with Arsenal playing for the tie, Dembele and Zamora led the break. Dembele crossed it over to Zamora and he put it away after missing 2 other headers he was able to stay on top and secure the 2-0 win.

Fulham - Arsenal​
    2 Goals 0​
    8 Shots 11​
    5 On Target 6​
    55% Possession 45%​
    19 Tackles 24​
    5 Fouls 5​
    0 :yellowcard: 0​
    0 :redcard: 0​
    1 Injuries 0​
    0 Offsides 0​
    1 Corners 3​

• Like Like x 2
  21. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Great fucking game my friend. The Fulham crowd was rocking and Schwarzer played outta his mind--saved everything!!

You kicked our asses--Much deserved victory, GG.

22. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

Knight's Fulham = Hull City in 08-09

23. AJ Hart MN

knights got some skills.. I told you guys ;)

24. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

What in the world is going on up there?

25. AJ Hart MN

The attack of League 1.. Take that Huskie :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.