(F11) Serie A Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL A' started by Cimmy24, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Ok guys, now that we have the forum space we can start with the process of putting the league together. We are going to take a similar format to what the XBox leagues have with these rules in place.

Description and Rules - Tradition Futbol League (FIFA)

Welcome to the Tradition Futbol League. This is your home for organized, competitive, SIM style FIFA. We are a multi-layered league complete with Premiership, League 1 and Club Competition. To support expansion and long-term competition, the TFL supports a promotion / relegation structure whereby clubs will compete weekly to earn their spot in the table. Being apart of the TFL is an opportunity to be apart of something special with futbol gaming, online. Therefore, work on your fitness, keep up your form... or you may just be relegated.

Rules and Guidelines
    Standard Tradition Sports Online rules and sportsmanship guidelines are in effect.

This is a cheese free zone. Those interested in hardcore, no holds barred, win at all cost FIFA game-play, then this is not the place for you. Therefore, we do not expect to see extreme custom formations, 100% aggression tactics, known glitches and/or otherwise unsportsmanlike conduct. Like content, SIM If you have specific questions and/or would like to report another member, please seek guidance via your league commissioner through use of PMs.

League Structure

• TFL: Premier League = 12 clubs
    • TFL: League 1 = 10 or more clubs
    • Relegation / Promotion zone - 3 clubs
    League Settings

• XBL> Head to Head> Custom Match> Play a Friend
    • Game Type = Unranked
    • Half Length = 10 minutes
    • Controls = Semi-Assisted
    • Game Speed = Normal
    League Schedule
    The season consists of each club playing each other twice on a home-and-away basis. The TFL fixtures will be created at the beginning of each season via League Republic. Each club owner is expected to play 2 matches per week that of which will be posted weekly via code snippet from the League Republic site. These weekly fixtures are released each and every Friday which gives everyone ample time to schedule their matches, either on the weekend or for the upcoming week. Each club owner will be expected to schedule their matches with their opponent by posting in the current weekly fixture thread.

As we follow a hard advance policy, each and every fixture remains open for the duration of one week. Once a fixture has expired, that thread will be locked as the next fixture is released in a new thread. Any unplayed matches will be recorded as cancelled.

Clubs
    All TFL club selections are based on a 4.5 star and under cap. The thought is for each owner to select a club he wishes to permanently manage for the duration of his/her TFL ownership. All team rosters are based explicitly on the current EA Sports FIFA rosters available via download. In other words, manual roster are prohibited.

Content
    As is standard in all TSO leagues, we require game summaries to accompany match results. At TSO we encourage content. This is your chance to be creative, add original user generated summaries, team specific pages, weekly league recaps, players of the week, etc. To take the lead on creating content, please see our content manager and/or league commissioner.

Match Results
    It is the responsibility of the winning club to post the match results in the designated TFL match results thread. The match results consist of both goals and match bookings. The format to use when posting match results can be found in the OP of the TFL match results thread.

There is no extra time and/or penalties in the TFL. All matches that end in a draw after full time are recorded as a draw.

Cancelled Matches
    Should there be any unplayed matches when the weekly fixtures expire, these matches will be recorded as cancelled in order to allow TFL advancement. There will be two chances during each season to make-up these cancelled matches. The first will be during the imposed mid-season break, while the other will be at the end of the season after the final fixture has closed.​
    -------------------------------------​
    Please read the rules and if you have any questions or concerns about them, you can bring them up here or PM me.​
    One thing I wanted to get from you all is what clubs to use. I want to restrict it instead of everyone using the traditional powers. My question is do we want to go with 4.5 star teams and below or 4 star teams and below?​
    Also, I would encourage everyone to get an AIM account if you do not already as it makes communicating and scheduling much easier.​
    I have set up a website to control the league fixtures and standings...​
    and will be working on a Google Doc as well to keep organization clean.​
    If there are anymore questions or concerns about anything that I haven't touched on here please feel free to bring it up. I am hoping to ultimately get started playing by the end of the weekend.​

2. hedache

hedache Walk On

I will suggest something that no one will like, but I will still go ahead with it just to have it on record :D

Since this league is named Serie-A like a third league in Tradition Futbol Hub, we shouldn't take any of the teams that are already being used in the other two leagues. There you go, I said it :p

@Cimmy24, you could probably edit the copy pasted text above to match Serie-A rules and description to avoid any confusion for people with less familiarity with the site, so that they don't get confused with Premiere and League 1.

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yeah this was just used as an example of what the format would be like. Was hoping guys would elaborate on what they believe and feel for them. I see what you mean with the team suggestion, but it is tough to proclaim this a "3rd league" when it is the only PS3 league on the site. It's a whole new animal and a whole new series. It doesn't matter to me what teams we use, I just wanna play some Fifa...I do agree that might be a hard one to swing lol

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

5. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

6. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

I also like the idea of putting a 4* limit on league teams. It should make things a bit more interesting at least for the first season. Who knows, maybe someone will be brave enough to pick an MLS team :).

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

That is REAL BOLD!

8. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

I'm here and ready to get this thing going.

I agree. I think we should limit the team rating to 4 stars. It'll definitely make things more interesting as we all get a feel for the level of competition in our league. So how will we go about selecting teams? Random order or first come first serve?

Also, what is the rule on disconnects? Personally, if I am mid game and I get disconnected when I'm losing by a certain amount of goals, I will restart and spot the opponent the same number of goals he/she had in the previous game. I didn't know if y'all had a set rule for that or not, so I thought I'd ask.

9. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

You can count me in. I'd say let's start with 4.5 * teams (since I can not score [​IMG]) and see how it goes. But I have no problem going with 4* limit. Once this gets rolling we should get our own online team going. That'll help fill the time between matches. I've played on a couple of teams and it's a blast. Also how do I "quote" a post on this forum?

10. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

You click "reply" in the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to quote.

I have no problems going 4.5 stars...whatever the league wants I'm good.

11. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Duh! Don't I feel like a mentally challenged person. A great man once said, "there are no stupid questions, only stupid people."

12. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

My AIM as is my YIM is OhDaesu19.

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Lol, some things take time Oh don't worry...you will get the hand of it sooner or later.

I think 4 or 4.5 is the better way to go, I don't want to limit it to anything less than that. I believe the XBox league started at 4 and then moved to 4.5. The extra half a star opens up some of the more popular teams, Liverpool, AC Milan, possibly Arsenal?

TEAM SELECTION will be done on via a random draft order which I will generate once I get confirmation on the number of guys who are playing.

DISCONNECTS - The XB league handles disconnects as if it happens, tough loss. I know it is unfortunate and things happen, but this avoids guys quitting the game because they're angry. TSO is really big on not quitting and that is where that would fall in line. I expect us to be the same.

Oh, the idea of the online team would be really cool and I can see if I can get another forum spot for that.

14. hedache

hedache Walk On

I would support 4*max. It would create a more even league for beginners. Possibly in a 2nd season we can open up better teams and do a draft order starting from the bottom of the standings for those that want to change teams. Anyone that wants to hold onto their 4* team for another season should be allowed, so we can create franchise/member bounds.

My aim is hedxache.

15. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

16. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

keep in mind the roster update is coming out in 2 days so team ratings might change a little

as far as team selection goes, i still think a restricted list is the way to go. it seems everyone is in agreement that they're willing to part with the traditional powerhouses, so why don't we just make a list of those teams and say 'off limits'. because like you said, Liverpool, Juventus are 4.5 star teams

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

That is an interesting idea hedache that could be a strong possibility....I see Sr. @Randiesel75 creeping on our page here so maybe he has something to say ;)

I also am sending out a blast group invite to everyone on AIM

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I also want to put a cap on Serie A at 14 now. We have 13, so if we could find one more that'd be great. Don't want to leave anyone hanging tho so once we get a sufficient more amount of members we can start talking Serie B and correlating the two.

19. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I've been wondering why you've been ducking me lately.. [​IMG] It's because your going to change consoles on us.. lol Watch out for this guy PS3er's, he's going to bore you to death while playing him but he is sneaky good. [​IMG] Will Galatasaray even be a 3-1/2* team after the update?? [​IMG]

20. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Galatasaray still has a team? I thought they tore them down along with that old stadium years ago?

• Like Like x 1
  21. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

haha [​IMG]

22. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Guy, this is your show, run it according to your terms. In other words, I am here for direction and guidance with getting this off the ground and keeping things running.

23. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

I think this is a great idea.

@Cimmy24 the disconnect rule sounds good. I can deal with that.

I don't have AIM and I'd rather not use it. I can if aboslutely need be, but I would never be on - my life is pretty cluttered as is. However, I can provide my cell number for text messages only; it's what we do in my madden league.

24. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

First off, thank you Cimmy for getting this thing off the ground! I've been dying to be a part of a FIFA league and seeing this thing finally come around to reality is awesome! Secondly, I agree on the 4* teams as was stated earlier there are teams like Juventus (my team, lol) and Liverpool who are powerhouses in the right hands that are 4.5*

25. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

That is fine man, not forcing anyone to get something they don't want. As long as members are active on the site scheduling won't be an issue.

I think we are leaning more and more towards at least starting with :4stars: teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.