(F12) Gameplay Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by Friz, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    To all members of Serie A, B, C -

Along with all of the gameplay changes that have come in FIFA 12, EA Sports added the ability to control your goalie in head to head online matches. Doing this will allow the CPU to play defense for you until the ball is turned over. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE DEFENSIVE TACTIC. I do not believe there is anyone in any of our leagues who would elect use this method for defense, but please be aware that you do need to play your own defense and control an actual defender throughout the course of the game.

2. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Please also note that tactical defending should always be used in any TSO Related game. Legacy defending went out with FIFA 11.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Please also also note that Man of the Match and Assists are back. Tracking assists will be required, tracking MotM will be encouraged.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RedAL925

We will be using the 'Online Friendlies' option in-game to play our league matches.

Online Modes -> Online Friendlies -> (select opponent) -> Invite to Friendly

Settings are as follows:
    Team Level: Any
    Half Length: 10 min
    Controls: Semi-Assisted
    Game Speed: Normal
    Squad Type: Custom

Squad Type can be set to custom so that you can edit your formation/lineup beforehand (customize FIFA 12 -> edit teams -> etc.). IF we find out that people are editing ratings or playing with players that are not on the official rosters (i.e. created players, Kaka on your team, etc.), we will ban the custom option and use the online option instead.

Tournament games will be played under a different in-game option so that draws can be settled with extra time/penalties.

5. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

I would honestly prefer slow mode,but I will sign for this as well!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. kaptainkracker1

kaptainkracker1 Walk On

I feel like everybody is on board for slow mode... Why haven't we been doing it? Perhaps a vote?

7. BESHIKTAS

Normal speed is a little bit unrealistic . Don't you think so?

8. Nickaepi

Nickaepi Walk On

I "vote" for Slow also only because it feels more Sim to me and that's what we're all here for, right?

9. RedAL925

I think so, but we haven't had time to test it out. We'll stick with normal for now and look at slow in the future

10. kaptainkracker1

kaptainkracker1 Walk On

Most of us play slow offline, no? Plus we are all still learning the game so wouldn't now be a better time to switch then before next season; causing us to readjust once again?

• Like Like x 1
  11. RedAL925

I don't think it's a big adjustment though. It's not like we're going from assisted to manual, it just slows the game down. At least I've never noticed a big difference

12. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I don't have a lot of experience on slow, but I like the default normal speed. I played the PES demo, and that game felt more arcade-y than fifa ever would. I also like some consistency between league play and just regular fifa'ing, so I'm more toward normal speed. Plus, I wouldn't say normal feels un-sim, so I think it's nice setup

13. BESHIKTAS

I guess we have no sayings over the rules!!!

14. kaptainkracker1

kaptainkracker1 Walk On

You're the boss, but my 2ยข is that we should have a vote.

15. RedAL925

You do and will have a say. we've been focused on getting the league setup and rolling, this is a minor detail that can wait for next season

16. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Not true. It's just that we have been getting a lot of stuff ready for the start of the season that we decided on leaving it on 'normal' for now. After season 1 if there is still a big issue about this then we can deal with it then, but for now after playing a bunch of friendlies on 'normal' I don't think it will be that big of an issue, but that is just me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nickaepi

Nickaepi Walk On

This. I started playing on slow when the game came out because it had initially been posted in the early season threads as the "recommended settings" to get prepared for the season. IIRC it was 10 min, Slow, World Class, Semi, etc. I may have not understood what those settings were put up for.

18. BESHIKTAS

That was Red's offline settings which he said it was closest to a online game experience for him.

19. RedAL925

this is accurate.

20. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

This is TYRANNY! This is OPPRESSION! This is UNFAIR! This is an AFFRONT!!

actually...

This is no big deal.

• Like Like x 1
  21. RedAL925

Many of us play FIFA at TSO to avoid the shenanigans that we face 9 times out of 10 in random online matches. One of the biggest problems with the online junkies is they constantly pressure you on defense. Full-out sprinting across the field, giving you absolutely no time on the ball whatsoever.

In FIFA 11, this was one of, if not the most, over-abused part of the game that sucked the life out of online play. FIFA 12 has admittedly gotten better at minimizing the effectiveness of this tactic, but it can still be used. In the TFS, we DO NOT WANT TO SEE CONSTANT DEFENSIVE PRESSURE.

The keyword here is CONSTANT. Sprinting around the field chasing the ball throughout the entire match is not acceptable. That being said, there are times when high defensive pressure is an acceptable tactic, such as trailing by a goal or two late in a match. In these situations, defensive pressure is acceptable.

This is NOT an indictment on any individual manager. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please air them here. We want to encourage different styles of play, but at the same time eliminate the 'online' match feeling of ranked matches.

22. RedAL925

23. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

guys, I am having a really hard time adjusting to semi assisted play.... I have a few questions

In order to change my controller settings so that I can practice this way, do I need to put basically everything at SEMI ASSIST????

Anyone have any tips/hints for me to help cope with this.. Been playing fifa for a really long time and have been in many leagues with overseas guys but those games are getting
    harder to arrange. Thats why I like this league with guys on this side of the pond.. However I am getting my ass kicked b/c of SEMI settings.

I need help

Thanks

Marc

24. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

One other question off topic....I have an Ipad and when I accessed the forums on it they stated there was an app....
    It costs $$....anyone use it, is it worth it???

Thanks

25. RedAL925

These are the settings I use offline. The only difference is the two manual settings get switched to Assisted for online play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.