(F12) League Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

discuss here

2. kaptainkracker1

kaptainkracker1 Walk On

Pumped for this! I've only played one friendly thus far and got rocked, but I really like the new gameplay. You can actually send through balls into the box and score without either a. crossing in from the wing or b. dribbling back and forth outside of the box until the defender goes the wrong way.

3. RedAL925

A few highlights of what has changed in the league rules and regulations:

- Cancelled matches: There will be a points deduction for unplayed games at the end of the season. Depending on effort to schedule, 3 points will be deducted for each unplayed match at the end of the season. This penalty will apply to the NEXT season. If a team misses roughly 20% of their schedule, they will be automatically relegated.

- None of the match settings have changed. We will see how this game plays with the old settings and adjust accordingly next season.

- Promotion/Relegation between B and C is simply the top and bottom two teams. There is no playoff for B/C. Promotion/Relegation between A and B remains the same.

4. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    After a day of playing I get the feeling we're going to have some high scoring games. Its so easy to slip up in defense. I haven't gone online yet, but playing the CPU was difficult enough, and they bailed me out of my crappy defense plenty by just missing the goal. I won't get that lucky against anyone here...

5. RedAL925

6. RedAL925

don't forget, if you want to join our VP club, TF United, send me a transfer request or let me know over here

7. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

game settings seem to be a little different on the new game, or am I not getting it right? Could you post the game settings with the new format please.

8. BESHIKTAS

never mind , I saw it .

9. RedAL925

Suggested Game Settings are as follows:

Auto Switching: Air Balls
    Auto Switching Move Assistance: Low
    Passing Power Assistance: Off
    Pass Assistance: Semi
    Through Pass Assistance: Manual
    Shot Assistance: Semi
    Cross Assistance: Semi
    Lob Pass Assistance: Manual
    Save Assistance: Semi
    Analog Sprint: On
    Defense: Tactical Defending

Difficulty: World Class
    Game Speed: Slow
    Half Length: 10 min
    Handballs: On (except penalties)

I suggest you save these settings to your profile. Even though we force Semi when we play, these are the preferred set

10. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

minor point, but what about handballs? while I appreciate the realism of them, I played four games yesterday (against AI) and got hit with two of them in the box and one out in space. they seem entirely too random to decide the outcome of a tight game, unless I'm just not positioning/fighting in the right way to avoid them.

11. RedAL925

i believe handballs are OFF in all online games. I have mine set for On (Except penalties) for personal use

12. Geneseo98

Geneseo98 Walk On

Has there ever been any talk of conducting a "world football" aspect of this league - in conjuntion with the club leagues?

I know I'm new to this league - and I'm lucky to be so... I was just wondering if the 32 or so other owners had any interest in controlling club teams as well as a COUNTRY'S team.. and we have sporadic "international dates" and qualifying for a World Cup?

Just an idea.

13. RedAL925

I've seen it done before, but we're not trying to start up another league at this point. This is only our 3rd 'season' of the league, so our focus is to maintain and sustain that aspect before expanding.

but keep the ideas coming, we're always open to suggestions

14. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

I like the idea for the future, but playing at least two a week, and then possibly a club team, plus trying to get in our own time may lead to marital strife. :p

My only issue with a World Cup in this format is once you get past the top tier teams of Spain, Germany, the Netherlands, England, Portugal and Brazil, you have the 1(a) teams of Italy, France, Argentina, and maaaaybe Uruguay. Then it's a steep drop off to the Mexico, USA :confused:, Ivory Coast, etc. etc. and from there, it's a still further drop to the next tier. It would suck going in as Switzerland or Japan or Australia knowing you have little chance of competing.

With the club-level teams, you know that everyone is, to an extent, on some level playing field with the 4-star rating.

All that having been said, if a World Cup does get set up, I'll join right after you, Geneseo!

15. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    wait what? can you explain this especially the underlined part

16. RedAL925

let's say you and I are trying to schedule a postponed match at the end of the season. you post and post and post trying to set a time, and I don't bother.

In that case, the game would be marked cancelled for the current season, and I would be deducted 3 points at the start of the next season for each game that I did not complete.

17. RedAL925

the goal of this deduction system is so people who are out of a title/pro/rel race will have incentive to complete their games at the end of the season. of course there will be cases where both teams try to schedule but don't make the deadline, in which case we will take appropriate action (most likely no penalty).

in summation: FINISH YOUR SCHEDULES! PLEASE!

18. RedAL925

any idea on when the new season would start?

19. RedAL925

depending on how long the draft takes, we're looking at an early- to mid-October start

20. BESHIKTAS

Should we start a section where it ask who has the game and who doesn't so far? So we can get to drafting as soon as possible? It seems like not everyone has the game yet, and drafting will take a long time. Honestly , I don't think we will be able to start the league until the end of October . I hope I'm wrong on this one, because I'm ready to go!!!

21. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

just picked it up Today. I'm ready to roll.

22. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

the draft will start Sunday morning. I'll have the order posted by then (probably around 8 or 9 am) and we will give each owner 24 hours to pick. Hopefully they dont take the full 24 hours. I think that, at the absolute latest, the league would start again the following Monday (October 10th). Hopefully sooner, but it all depends on the draft so that we can get to work on putting out the schedules and getting it started!

23. RedAL925

Yeah I for one will not be picking this game up for awhile. I got a few things that are taking precedence with my expandable money right now with the family. Plus I've always waited to buy FIFA as it always gets alot cheaper going towards the holidays. I don't want to hold up the league and if so I can always just check back at the start of season 2.

24. darthredskin

darthredskin Walk On

Got mine in the mail today

25. Geneseo98

Geneseo98 Walk On

Maybe a silly question... but how does the draft work? If we have our people now, couldn't we start it now so we wouldn't have to start play online by Halloween?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.