(F12) Olympiakos CFP

Discussion in 'TSL: Club Pages' started by jb_banco, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jb_banco

jb_banco Walk On

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  2. jb_banco

jb_banco Walk On

Matchday 1
    Queens Park Rangers v. Olympiakos​
    Football, like life is full of highs and lows. Manager jb_banco knows this but don't tell him that he has to like it. "I know we can't play well all the time," said the manager after a tough defeat against Serie B pre-season favourite QPR "but it doesn't mean I have to accept losing quietly." Djibril Cisse opened the scoring for the London side, with in form striker Rafik Djebbour replying for the Greeks. But it was speedy winger Shaun Wright-Phillps(who also assisted on the first goal) who would put Rangers ahead for good. "The thing that upsets me the most is if you look at the stats we played well," said left back Jose Holbas "It was just a few stupid defensive mistakes that cost us."​
    [​IMG]
    Cisse celebrates QPR's first goal
    "The boss won't like that second goal." Olympiakos skipper Vasilias Torosidis said. "he told us very plainly in our first team meeting that he does not want to see our shirt in any teams end of year highlight video." "For me it's simple." said the manager with a glare before ending his post match media session "We can lose, but make sure the team that beats us feels worse physically than we do mentally after a loss." Now all that is left is to see if Olympiakos heeds their managers call for more agression against SC Braga.
    Notes:
    This was QPR boss' BESHIKTAS first win against any team managed by jb_banco, although all previous meetings were friendlies and not official matches.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jb_banco

jb_banco Walk On

Matchday 2
    Sao Paulo v. Olympiakos
    After a wretched start to his friendly schedual, the supporters were not the only people wondering if newly appointed manager jb_banco was in over his head.​
    "We were playing schoolboy football out there." said on loan midfielder Jean Makoun with a laugh. "Terrible," said captain Vasilias Torosidis "we couldn't understand his defensive systems."​
    After the clubs first game in Serie B play it looks like all of those tough lessons learned in pre-season paid off. "I believe in my system." the manager said.​
    "If it cannot work with the players on the pitch I change the player first, strategy second." The new manager was true to his postgame words as Ivan Marcano replaced Swedish international Olof Mellberg in the center of defense, Jose Holbas was brought in at left back, and Colin Kazim-Richards brought in on left wing. The changes brought immediate dividends as the club defeated one of the very clubs who defeted them in their pre-season run up, Sao Paulo.​
    [​IMG]
    Djebbour celebrating one of his two goals on the evening
    Rafik Djebbour led the line with an exquisite combination of grace and speed which led to the striker opening his season with a brace that had his team up by two goals. Luis Fabiano, the ever dangerous Brazilian striker snatched a moment of hope for manager snake3249 's side with an 89th minute header that found its way past keeper Balazs Megyeri but it wasn't meant to be for the Brazilians on this night as Olympiakos was able to see out the 2-1 victory. "I guess all the troubles in pre-season was a test to see if the team and I could handle adversity." said jb_banco with a wry smile. If the team continues to play like this, there may be more smiles for the manager in the future.​
    Notes:​
    Before the game Rafik Djebbour had this to say; "I saw the league website had a poll about who would score the most goals in the league." "It was like they named every striker in the league but me." "I see that and it makes me hungry to prove people wrong." After the first game that poll might need to be updated as the striker backed up his words with a strong first match... Olof Mellberg was less than pleased to sit out the opener. "Might as well have stayed at home." said the big Swede with a look that could melt glass.​

• Like Like x 2
  4. jb_banco

jb_banco Walk On

Matchday 3
    It was easy to laugh about considering the result. "It might have been the best header of my life." said skipper Vasilias Torosidis with a laugh "I might need to start using Vasilias more on set pieces." Manager jb_banco said barely holding in a smile "I don't know how many training sessions I've been in with Vasilias where he misses clear headers," said keeper Balazs Megyeri laughing "figures the first time he puts one in would be on me."​
    For seventy one minutes Torosidis' own goal was no laughing matter as it looked like it would be enough for the Portuguese side to leave Greece with three points. At the seventy first minute young Belgian star Kevin Mirallas opened his goal scoring account for the season. Then just seven minutes later, Mirallas secured all three points for the Greek side.​
    [​IMG]
    Mirallas celebrates the winner
    "I had to do it for Vasilias." Mirallas said "I couldn't let him take the blame if the team lost so I had to score those goals." jb_banco hopes that the team will have that unity when results don't go their way.
    Notes:
    Olympiakos heeded their managers call for more aggression after the teams loss to QPR, committing a staggering six fouls against Braga. The aggression comes with a price though as midfielder Jean Makoun picked up his second yellow card of the season and will be suspended for the next match against Wolfsburg. Rafik Djebbour was on the scoresheet for the third straight game getting an assist on Mirallas' first goal.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.