(F12) Season 1 Red - Midseason Review

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League North' started by Merih, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

PL Red: Midseason Review

It's been a glorious 5 weeks in the Premier League: Red Division, with plenty of interesting stories and even more interesting results. One thing's for certain, this is the strongest division in the Tradition Football League, and that's a title that the manager's carry with pride.

1st [​IMG] PARIS ST GERMAIN - 26pts

The league has been lead wire to wire by the French stalwarts Paris St. Germain and their manager @AJHartMN. He sits at 26 points through ten matches, meaning that he's only dropped an incredible 4 points all season long. He averages 2.5 goals a match, but the real astounding statistic is that he's only given up 8 goals through 10. Joint league top scorer Gameiro sits on 12 goals, a blistering goal-per-game pace. In all likelihood, PSG is going to be uncatchable barring an unfathomable drop in form.

PREDICTION: 1st Place

2nd [​IMG] BAYERN MUNICH - 21pts

@Timpegoose and Bayern Munich have a five point deficit to make up, but more importantly a 9 point lead to maintain for a Champion's League. They've been solid all season long, sporting a balanced attack with 3 players scoring over 5 goals. Bayern will be in Europe next season, where they will be a heavy force to reckon with. The only thing that seems missing from Munich is Arjen Robben and Frank Ribery's apparent lack of influence in the attack. If they can play a more integral role, Munich should cruise into PL Red Runner Up position.

PREDICTION: 2nd Place - Champion's League

3rd [​IMG] FC BARCELONA - 15pts

Barcelona was late to arrive to the Premier League party, and found themselves out of form to start the season. They've already drawn six matches, which is 1 more than the two squads ahead of him combined. Still, all in all, hedache has done well to get his way into third spot in the league. Also, woe to anyone who dares to attempt a tackle on a Barca player in the box. Automatic penalty. Trust me, I've been there. The indomitable Lionel Messi is joint top scorer with 12 goals, while David Villa has chipped in 7. If hedache can get onto one of his blistering runs of pace, he does have the most talented team in the league, and anything can happen (not really he'll finish 3rd).

PREDICTION: 3rd Place - Champion's League

4th [​IMG] BORUSSIA DORTMUND - 12pts

What to say about Borussia Dortmund other than their manager Merih being a total great guy and quite possibly the coolest MOFO around these parts? He somehow has found a way to get his team into 4th place. That's a great accomplishment. 3 points separate 4th from the drop zone, so he can't quite rest on his laurels. It was the aim of this review to get Merih in for an interview, however, for reasons unbeknownst to us he was unavailable for comment.

PREDICTION: 5th Place - Europa League - Meh

5th [​IMG] REAL MADRID - 11pts

Los Blancos are exceeding expectations, and have been flying under the radar. Sorry, Colemanchu, the under the radar part is over. Madrid can defend with the best of them, and his strong defensive approach has lead him to conceding less goals than some of the sides that are above him on the table. One would think that with Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Higuian, etc etc Colemanchu could coax more goals. In true Jose Mourinho style, Madrid is built on defense, which is supported in midfield, and countered in attack. All in all though, if Madrid can score more goals they will find themselves contending for a Champion's League spot.

PREDICTION: 6th Place

6th [​IMG] BAYER LEVERKUSEN - 11pts

JFace907 has had an up and down season so far, starting off red hot and having cooled off of late. They are the team most primed to either make a run up the table or down the table, I don't see Leverkusen staying in the same spot. Their main problem seems to lie in defense, it will need to be shored up for the upward run. I for one believe they can do it.

PREDICTION: 4th Place (Don't let me down!)

7th [​IMG] AC MILAN - 9pts

RynoAid is fresh off his upset of Manchester City, and is playing some amazing football at this point. The tandem of Ibrahimovic and Pato are finally waking up. If he can match the cup form in the league, then Milan will be an opponent no one will want to see on the fixture list. I for one put my money on the suckers from PL Black just being overrated however :D

PREDICTION: 8th Place - Relegation

8th [​IMG] INTER MILAN - 7pts

Inter Milan holds the dubious role of allowing the most goals in the league, at 24. He seems to be in a tailspin as of late, which doesn't bode well for his prospects for the rest of the season. Dylema 's place prediction can also be seen as a somber challenge. Straighten up, play to your potential, or else find yourself with the crazies down in L1. It sucks that any of us have to be relegated.

PREDICTION: 10th Place - Relegation

9th [​IMG] OLYMPIQUE DE MARSEILLES - 6pts

Maybe I'm biased because I play elprez98 in what feels like a nightly fixture. So my main question to him is, WTF are you doing in 9th place??? This is going to be short and sweet. Don't get relegated.

PREDICTION: 7th Place

10th [​IMG] SEVILLA - 4pts

Yes, Darlon sits on 4 points. But he has 5(!!!) games to make up following a terrorist attack on his gaming habits. He will undoubtedly be rusty, and everyone else is in midseason form. I don't see how Darlon can get out of this hole but it is the beautiful opportunity to prove us wrong. I'll be watching his mountain of results closely in the next few weeks.

PREDICTION: 9th Place

• Like Like x 5
  2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Good stuff. I'm not even in this league and it was an enjoyable read!

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Very nice read bro! Love it.

4. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

WTF is right. Good stuff sir.

5. Merih

6. Merih

Get on your shit brosef, write one for the "Bums in Black" :D

7. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Great stuff Merih.. Don't put all this pressure on me.:eek: For what it's worth, JFace907 has zero chance at that 4th CL spot. My guy Darlon sneaks up and snatches that 4th spot with yourself and elprez98 battling on the final day. JFace and Cole fade by the way side before it's all said and done :)

My three relegation guy's are JFace (again, sorry :p), Dylema (need to play more bro) and Cole (It's a Wisconsin thing ;)).. Hopefully these guy's don't use this against me as this is just one a-hole's opinion :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

[​IMG]

9. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

It's gotta be Alaskan doesn't it :rolleyes:

10. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

No kidding, witch school and Forza eating up what used to be my let's just play random people time my touch is way off.

11. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I still can't believe I was predicted last :( Atleast I found some form and finished 5th instead ;)

12. Merih

To be fair, you were on a positively horrible run of form at the time :D

13. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Same thing every season, find my self around the bottom around the midway point and then make a run up the table in the last few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.