(F12) Season 1 Red - Power Rankings

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League North' started by Dylema, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I was doing homework on google docs last night and realized I still had a spreadsheet I did for a college basketball poll a while back, it was a top 10 so I figured I'd just change some team names around.

Rules are simple you can't vote for yourself and first place votes get 9 points last place votes get 0. Highest possible then is an 81 and the lowest is 0.

Votes close once every team has 9 votes for them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AidNJhdmSNm4dFNyX1J4S2RJTTF6ZWROSWRyTHR3QlE&hl=en_US

2. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Just realized only I could edit the spreadsheet. So if anyone would like to do a pre-season poll like this go ahead and vote.

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

So do I vote in yours or do I send you my picks

4. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Either way is fine. Just add one to any number already in there. So if someone has one vote for 1st you just erase the 1 and put 2. I also realized the minimum score will be 9 since there really is no need for the 10th place spot with everyone having 9 votes.

5. AJ Hart MN

Just got done with some friendly's and these little Frenchy's are playing well. We're ready for the league to start. Gameiro is playing like a world class striker and Pastore is linking up everything beautifully.

6. AJ Hart MN

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

8. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Any reason why we have a different number of votes per team? Some have 3 for 4 and one even has 5 votes cast for it.

9. AJ Hart MN

[​IMG]

10. AJ Hart MN

Because people aren't very bright.. I'm guessing guy's didn't follow instructions and voted for themselves. ;)

11. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Yeah I thought I made it so everyone could edit before I posted but I guess I only selected view.

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

guess im "not very bright"... but i fixed my voting.

13. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I know not everyone has voted or voted correctly but looks like we have 3 tiers developing. Aj and headache are the favorites to take the title. Prez, Darlon, timpe, and j are the 4 contending for the 3rd CL slot. And Cole, merih, ryno, and myself are battling to stay up.

I'm thinking about possibly doing this weekly with a bit of a write up but I'll probably have people pm me votes next time to stop the irregular voting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AJ Hart MN

Happy?? Now go F yourself :p And it was only slightly gay :cool:

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I liked the other one better.

16. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Someone voted hedache 7th? You realize that he has Barca and not a tiny little Turkish club, right?

17. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

I'd put money on hedache voting himself 7th.

18. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

The poll had some voting irregularities but I am still going to do a write up based on the average rank of the votes to even out the differing number of votes.

Tier 1 - Playing for the Title

[​IMG]1.33 AVG.
    AJ comes in at number one in the poll and really shouldn't be too much of a surprise. Even with a team that may not be considered one of the best in the world PSG has some fire power and with AJ at the helm will be very dangerous. For my money he would be the odds on favorite to take the Red crown.

[​IMG]2.4 AVG.
    Some will point out that Headache had a higher point total although he did this with an extra vote so he is rightly in the 2nd spot. Headache comes from the relative obscurity of Turkey and dominated L1 with Lyon before moving to Barca. Headache is a very capable player and with a team like Barca he is certinaly a title contender and almost assured one of the 4 CL spots.

Tier 2 - Battling for the Champions League

[​IMG]4.1 AVG.
    When ElPrez is on he can compete with anyone out there, however he is beatable which is why we find him in the second tier. If he can keep is cool and play smart football throughout the season he is certainly in strong consideration to be in a CL spot and with others in Tier 2 has an outside shot at the PLR title.

[​IMG]4.33 AVG.
    From my experience Timpe can find a stride on the offensive side of the ball, if he is on he can put up big numbers on the counter but is susceptible on the defensive end sometimes but if he keeps it tight in the back he is one to watch out for.

[​IMG]4.6 AVG.
    Unlike the two teams ahead of him Jface earned a 2nd place vote. He also had the most 6th place votes out of anyone in this tier. He appears to be picked to be a strong contender for the title and could come from his preseason 5th place to challenge Headache for 2nd and even AJ for the title.

[​IMG]4.62 AVG.
    Darlon's Sevilla side may be the most interesting of this entire poll. Earning two 2nd place voted but having one down to 7th and even 9th. In my eyes he is a strong candidate for the CL and I would be awfully surprised to see Sevilla in the relegation battle come the final few weeks of the season.

Tier 3 - Fighting for Survival

[​IMG]7.6 AVG.
    Merih is an interesting player, currently picked to be just safe from relegation. While he may be a bit inconsistent he is capable of the type of results you need to stay up in the PL. The only question is if he'll also give away points to those teams who are chasing him.

[​IMG]7.7 AVG.
    Dylema was voted right on Merih's tail and will also have a good chance of staying up come the end of the season. As with Merih and many of the teams in this bottom tier he is capable of pulling off good results but gives away points to often in critical games.

[​IMG]8.1 AVG.
    Cole finds him self near the bottom despite playing with a team like Real Madrid. He did receive a 5th place vote showing that someone out there believes he will click with such a good team. With a team like Real Madrid it's hard to count cole out of the relegation battle as he is only voted half a spot out of safety.

[​IMG]8.5 AVG
    Ryno finds him self at the bottom of the list having been the only person not to have received a vote for 6th or higher. However he did not receive the most last place votes with that dishonor going to Cole who ended up one spot ahead of him and with voting so tight and the talent of AC Milan it is quite possible with some good form Ryno can find a way to stay up in the PLR.

• Like Like x 4
  19. hedache

hedache Walk On

I bet it was RynoAid he is a hater (of me personally) :) j/k

I havent voted and I wont since I have no clue about who is doing how wıth their new teams. I also dont think I will be first place first season. It may be a little too late by the time I adjust.

20. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

21. hedache

hedache Walk On

I haven't lost a single game yet. Looking pretty good and living up to Barca's name. Go me!!!

22. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I've got a couple people's lists so I'll post the results tonight but if anyone still wants to send votes in go ahead.

23. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

You also haven't won any games yet. ;) Barca will be dropped from this weeks rankings just because you can't judge a team who hasn't played. I've gotten everything from 1st to last so I think it's the best thing to do until hedache get's back.

24. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

1.Bayer Leverkusen (JFace907) (5)
    2.Bayern Munich (timpegoose) (4)
    2.PSG (AJ Hart) (1)
    4.Inter (dylema) (8)
    5.Sevilla (Darlon) (6)
    6.OM (elprez98) (3)
    7.BVB (merih) (7)
    8.Real Madrid (colemanchu) (9)
    8.AC Milan (Rynoaid) (10)
    N/A.Barcelona (hedache) (2) (currently away to start the season so no votes recorded for barca)

We had 2 ties this week in the voting as AJ drops 1 spot from the top into a tie with Timpe and his Bayern Munich squad. Dylema and Inter were just a couple points ahead of Darlon in 4th. Elprez he's himself drop down all the way 6th as merih also slid down a spot and is now in what would be the relegation zone. Cole and Ryno once again round out the field however they tie for last place this time around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.