(F12) Season 2 Red - Outside the Technical Area

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League North' started by Merih, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Well, this was an... interesting weekend in the Premier League. I guess with all the shenanigans it's time to now get back on track. As such, I now welcome you to the first edition of Outside the Technical Area! This will be a (hopefully) weekly Q&A session with the managers of the Premier League to get an inside scoop that you won't see from the game recaps. For those of you wondering what a technical area is, see THIS article.

And my first victi... err guinea pig is none of than PL Old Boy JFace907. His squad currently sits sixth in the table with a game in hand. Without further ado, let's see what's on his mind when he leaves the technical area:

1. This is your second season in charge of Leverkusen, how are things different from the first?

They really aren't a whole lot different to be honest. Leverkusen remains to be a team with a talented roster that suits my style of play beautifully, but finding the right places for everyone continues to be a difficult task. Goals have been hard to come by with this squad and hopefully by season's end, i'll have found the magic recipe.​

2. I've tabbed Kiessling as my player to watch for you this season...is he delivering? Who else has played well, or who do you need to get more involved for this season to be a success?

Kießling continues to flourish in his role as a back-to-goal forward. He has wonderful touch on the ball and is a big enough body that he can hold possession while supporting runs are made or he can let one fire on his own. He can also find the ball with his head quite a bit too and can be quite a threat in the aerial game. As far as other players, Sidney Sam continues to be my rock on the wing. The guy can flat out fly and continues to burn past people with that pace. In fact he just recently picked up an MOTM against Sevilla with his play. The one guy that is the straw that stirs the drink however has got to be André Schürrle. He is a clinical finisher in the box, but he has sometimes vanished in the times he is needed most. He has however cashed in once already this season and I hope he makes it a trend. ​

3. If you could add one PLR player to your squad, who would it be and why? And to make this interesting... no Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic.

If I had to take one PLR player from another squad and bring him over to the Bayer Boys, it would have to be Bastian Schweinsteiger of Munich. The guy has every quality i look for in a player. He is an absolute general in the midfield, has great touch on the ball, and can flat out finish from almost anywhere on the pitch.​

4. What's your opinion of the Premier League Red this season? We've certainly had our moments...

Oh man, as it has been well publicized (partly by my own doing and I apologize) there was a dust up with another manager that really didn't need to be made public. However, it was and shit happened. I have been at the helm of soccer clubs for two game titles and close to 5 full seasons now. This was my first and i hope it was my last. With that said, the PLR has improved now that certain issues have been handled. Which i think everyone would be lying if they said they didn't expect some interesting storylines to develop with all the turnover the PLR had in the offseason. In the end, our HBIC (Head Baller in Charge) @The Richuation has made this an awesome place to get our footy fix.​

5. And, for an off the wall question. One animal, one color...pick two that you feel represent your managerial style.

I feel the animal the best represents my play style is a moose (had to put some Alaska flavor in here) because moose are pretty relaxed creatures for how big they are. They also possess surprising speed (Sam) and leaping ability (Kießling) that take opponents by surprise. As far as a color i would have to say Yellow because there are times where this team just seems to yield in its forward progress. Slows down, lets thing play out before sometimes coming to a downright stop.​

You heard it here first folks. JFace907 shall heretofore be referred to as the Yellow Moose.

[​IMG]
    LONG LIVE THE YELLOW MOOSE

• Like Like x 4
  2. Merih

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I see what you did here (y)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Merih

I told you I was going to steal your idea :D

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

love it bro check for week 2 coming up gonna steal a couple of ?'s

• Like Like x 1
  6. Leander Francisco

Leander Francisco Walk On

I like this. Merih is an innovator!

7. JH FUEG

JH FUEG Walk On

Interesting read to say the least even though I'm technically an owner of the league still feel like I'm on the outside looking in with some stuff but I'm sure the more I play and talk to you all that will be cleared up quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Good stuff guys... haha. Love it.

9. Merih

Manager JH FUEG took over the giants of German football following the loss (or gain, whatever) of their previous manager. Since his arrival, he's expressed his gratitude at being in the PLR but says that he feels like "an outsider, looking in." As such, this week's version of Outside the Technical Area shall focus on this "outsider," and see if we can't bring him to the light.

With that, fellow PLR managers and others of the TFL, I present to you the second installment of Outside the Technical Area:

1. So you're the new guy...welcome. Tell us a bit about your coaching philosophy. What do you deem to be the most important parts of your game, and what do you think needs improvement to compete in the Premier league?

I've played Soccer my whole life and try to incorporate a style that simulates the way I would want to play in real life. I enjoy one and two touch football. Pass, Pass, and Pass again is usually my motto.As they say possession is 9/10th of the law in the beautiful game. I think the most important aspect to compete in the PL is that focus on improvement through each and every match. You are never going to get anywhere unless you're constantly working on a new dimension to your game.​

2. You're taking over the German Giants, Bayern Munich. But, you're also auto-relegated and will have to select a new team next season. What sort of dynamic does that make for your league matches? Are you trying to find out what player you're going to be, or are you focusing on winning even though (technically) it won't count for anything?

I don't want to be cliche and say winning isn't everything but I also don't wanna come into the league and be the guy that only cares about "winning" over everything. To me this is my first chance at playing in TSO FIFA and I'm going to try and enjoy it and learn about the style of play and meet some new people that enjoy playing FIFA as much as I do. The main focus will be on getting better each and every outing as I mentioned before.

3. You have to choose between:
      • a 10/10 hotness woman who will, no questions asked, have sex with you whenever and wherever for the rest of your life.
      • a 7.5/10 woman who will take care of every other need you could possibly imagine (emotional, food, financial), but will only have sex once a year.
    I would choose the 7.5/10 woman because with any woman although it is enjoyable, a relationship is not all about sex and everything else being taken care of would be nice. Also I'd just make sure that one time a year was memorable enough to keep me satisfied until the next time.​

(EDITOR'S NOTE: BESIDES, THERE'S ALWAYS THE 2 HANDS)

What's your choice, and why; Boxers or Briefs? Chunky peanut butter or Creamy? What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Boxers. I'm allergic to peanut butter so I don't get to indulge in that. The egg game first and then the chicken.

5. And the now infamous final question. One animal, one color. Pick one of each that best describe your managerial style, and let us know why.

The animal that I would pick would be an ALLIGATOR, and the color would follow that with being GREEN. Most people don't know this but Alligators are relatively unagressive and patient when it comes to capturing their prey, and only are overly aggressive with people when they are first provoked at length. This represents my managerial style as I like to play passive and patient but when the opportunity comes I make sure to use it wisely. I'm also fairly respectful and patient with others in dealing with things unless they first put me out on the wrong foot so to speak.​

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Welcome to the league, we're glad to have you.

Ladies & Gentlemen, Please welcome your very own Green Alligator:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    LONG LIVE THE GREEN GATOR

• Like Like x 3
  10. Merih

11. Merih

Editor's Note:​
    Manager hammerhead1010 responded to this question picking the 7.5/10 woman. His rationale? That a 7.5 is hotter than he'll ever get and sex once a year is more than he's used to.​

12. hedache

hedache Walk On

What the fuck is this whole thread???

On another note, I'd even go with 5.5 hotness if it comes as described. Hell it could even be 2.5 if I have to have sex once a year. And then since she's the whole package emotionally and all that shit, she will be ok when I go out and have sex with 7 to 10 hotness women every weekend. You get everything after all. Usually how it really works in real life as well with many assholes.

13. Merih

It's my (PLR's) version of the Coaches Corner, douchebag. :D

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

DING DING DING we have a winner

good shit Merih I got some sweet ?'s for this weeks Hot Seat!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Haha, I laughed, but damn you merih! I just now saw this extra tag.

16. Connor

Connor Walk On

As for the question what came first the chicken or the egg. There is no end or beginning to an endless cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.