(F12) Season 2 Red - Preview

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League North' started by Merih, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Back and better than ever folks! It the start of season two of the Tradition Futbol League, and as such it is the beginning of another year of the Premier League: Red Division. We have experienced alot of turnover in league members, and are welcoming five (count 'em, 5!) new members to the league. League stalwarts such as Timpegoose, hedache, elprez98, RynoAid and @AJHartMN have all left for separate reasons. We certainly wish them all well in their future exploits. So, to kick off this season right we'd do well to introduce our new managers to the league:

THE NEW BOYS

AC Milan - XAttackConquerX -1st in LORD

XattackconquerX won LORD with 43 points possible out of 54, and had only 1 loss all season long. This was with Olympique Lyonnais. No offense to any Lyon fans among us, but taking that potential and mixing it with a team the quality of AC Milan provides for a dangerous combination. His team scored 47 goals on the year, but his main trait to winning was getting a lead and then putting the clamps on the opposition.​

With a team like Milan at his use, XAttackConquerX will have a myriad of different formations and striking partnerships to use. The frontline possibilities with Ibrahimovic, Pato, and Robinho are enough to make other managers seriously consider how they want to play Milan this season. It remains to be seen if the manager will be able to hit the ground running with his new squad. Talent sometimes gets in the way of continuity.​

FIORENTINA - Leander Francisco -2nd in LORD

Our resident refugee from OperationSports, Leander Francisco boasts quite possibly the strongest defense in the entire TFL. And no, this is not just coming from my failures against him in the Champions League. Last season with Fiorentina, he only allowed 14 goals all year, a 0.78 goal per game average. He also scored 47, proving he has no problems finding the back of the net himself. A goal differential of 33 shows all you need to know about this managers capabilities.​

The PLR is a new challenge, however. His two main rivals from the LORD have both gone to bigger and better clubs, and there is more depth from top to bottom in the PLR as opposed to the LORD. If he can take advantage of the adjustment period for some teams with new squads, his defensive prowess may just guide him to silverware.​

Bayern Munich - GMangs - 3rd in LORD

GMangs brings his attacking style of play to the PLR while also navigating his way from Villareal to the German Giants, Bayern Munich. While he finished third in the LORD last season, he was only 3 points from the league lead. He also scored 48 (you heard me right) goals in the last campaign. That's good for a staggering average of 2.67 goals per match, which is impressive no matter what the competition. The key to his success will be how soon he can learn to play with Munich as efficiently as he had with Villareal last season.​

His high scoring, high tempo attack rubbed some managers the wrong way in LORD at the outset. It will be interesting to see how his fiercely competitive personality meshes with the rest of the managers in the league. Many of these managers have never played against each other before in league competition.​

AS Roma - kgx2thez - 4th in LORD

In an up and down season, Roma and manager kgx2thez managed enough points to finish 4th in the LORD. With the auto-relegation of PSG due to manager swap, Roma now find themselves in the Premier League. Roma boasts an older squad, full of technical players who maybe don't have the pace that they once had. The PLR has speed the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Robinho, Pato, Gotze, Robben, Ribery, and Jesus Navas along with others unnamed that will test Roma at the back.​

Can kgx2thez limit attacking options for his opponents while taking advantage of opportunities in front of goal? In my opinion, a defensive (read: Italian) style of defense suits Roma the best. Totti, Rossi, and emerging star Bojan will be key to Roma scoring enough goals to keep up in the league.​

Real Madrid - KillerNuts -3rd in L1B Manager

KillerNuts and his Benfica squad were the champions of low scoring matches last season. While he scored only 15 goals, he only gave up 12 to his opposition. Coming to the PLR, he was able to secure Real Madrid as his squad after a surprising move from manager Colemanchu to Barcelona. What does the low scoring games tell you about this manager? That he only needs one goal to win. This is only going to be strengthened when he can put out a backline including Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Arbeloa, etc etc. It's a results driven style of play.​

I think Killer would appreciate me likening his style to the great Woody Hayes :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Merih

And we can't go on without recognizing the five returning members of the league:

THE OLD HEADS

Sevilla - Darlon -3rd in PLR

When Darlon returned to the league after technical difficulties, he brought a topsy-turvy, end-to-end style with him that resulted in chance after chance for both he and his opposition. The one bright spot of his early season absence was that he was able to string together many matches in a compact amount of time after coming back.​

Having that many matches + finding good goal scoring form = finishing 3rd in the league. He scored 45 and gave up 43. He will be a title contender if he can tighten up just a little more at the back. But in all honesty, I'd rather he play the exact same as last season. My two most exciting and entertaining matches in league play came against Darlon, and I always get hype when I see Sevilla on the fixture list.​

Inter Milan - Dylema -4th in PLR

Dylema was strong at the beginning and end of the season, but hit an extreme lull towards the middle part which put him in a whole for European qualification. His regrouping effort in the last 3 weeks got him into Europe, and primed him for a huge run to the final in the TFL Cup, which he won versus hedache (former manager of Barcelona).​

His 4-1 thrashing of Barcelona pushed hedache towards Galatasaray, which further shook up the league. If Dylema can continue the form he had in the cup ties, Inter Milan will be a force to be reckoned with in Season 2.​

Borussia Dortmund - Merih -5th in PLR

Well that's me. Dortmund has been a fun ride so far. I started off slow last season, but strung together some decent results in the middle of the season, peaking at second spot in the league. I'm notorious for scoring some of the more class goals you'll see, while missing some of the easier opportunities. I think my main goal for this season will be to let Gotze have more of the ball. He was a fringe player early last year at the wing. When I played him more centrally, his impact was immediate. I hope to get more out of Lewandowski as well.​

I don't know, I'll let someone else handle the duties as far as reviewing/previewing my performance.​

Barcelona - Colemanchu - 6th in PLR

Colemanchu has had absolute shit teams to run with this cycle. I mean, he goes from Real Madrid (crap, pure crap) to Barcelona? The guy just can't catch a break!​

Cole is what I like to call stubborn. I hate trying to score on him, and always am weary of getting an "easy" goal nicked against me. Barca is only going to help his cause in possession. With Real Madrid last season Cole was able to score headed goals, it was a decent chunk of his attack. Will he be able to replicate with the, erhm, vertically challenged Barcelona? My guess is that he'll adapt and find another way of scoring. How soon he can adjust (a reoccuring theme in this league) will be the real question.​

Bayer Leverkusen - JFace907 - 7th in PLR

JFace907 is a good player, and his finish last season didn't do his stick skills justice. I expect more from him this season. Hell, I expected it last season (projected him 4th) but that probably was just the kiss of death to his campaign. For that, I apologize. Leverkusen is going to have a tough time with some of the teams in the PLR talent-wise, so JFace will need to get rolling early and keep his shape to limit opportunities. Kiebling is going to have a big year, mark it down (in pencil).​

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

GREAT Job! Merih gave me some information on all teams being an outsider and told me how the season might go.

4. Leander Francisco

Leander Francisco Walk On

One hell of a preview!

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Great job Merih

I will say the secret to Leverkusen's success will be what ultimately failed me last year. That was winning in my country. I don't think i won a game against a German squad last season. If i can win the host land (can't say home since i'm not really german lol) i think i can have a successful campaign. Its going to be a tough task with two quality users behind the sticks in yourself and GMangs.

6. Merih

Thanks everyone! I added some editing to clean this crap up. I posted the original from my android :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.