(F12) Spartak Moscow

Discussion in 'TSL: Club Pages' started by Friz, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Spartak Moscow

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  2. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
  3. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    March 20, 2012

Spartak Poised for Start of Season
    After three seasons at the helm with Udinese, taking them from a middle tier team in Serie B to a second place finish in Serie A, Friz has been lured away to take the reins at Spartak Moscow. He will not have a shortage of attacking options with Spartak, as the likes of Welliton, Eminike, McGeady, Kombarov, Ari, and Dzyuba will be at his disposal, although Friz has stated he is still unsure how the team will line up for the season opener against Stoke City.​
    Fans may be concerned about the lack of preparation coming into this season, as Friz's move left him little time to prepare his team prior to the beginning of the season, and a good start may be vital to this team's success this season. A 12 game unbeaten run to begin last season with Udinese is what vaulted them to to top of the table, and Spartak fans will be expecting more of the same this season.​
    Season Outlook:
    Projected Finish: With so much talent around the top of league, this team will be hard pressed to duplicate their top two finish Friz produced last season. Look for a bit of a slide this season, but we still expect a finish in the top half of the league.​
    Top Performer: Welliton - the man most likely to embrace the role Antonio Di Natale so expertly performed with Udinese, look for Welliton to lurk near the top of the goal scorers list this season.​
    Dark Horse: Ari - at Udinese, Kwadwo Asamoah patrolled the center midfield and set up the offense throughout the season. While the player to step into that role is not confirmed yet, we think Ari may be the one to take over, and if he can produce the way Asamoah did at Udinese, this offense could be poised to break out.​
    TFS Coppa: After a very difficult group draw last season and a disappointing early exit, Friz should be poised to make a run in this year's Coppa. With a slot in the top tier of teams, if the draw is kind this team could make a deep run. If the draw is unkind we still like Spartak to make the knockout rounds and progress at least to the quarterfinals.​
    Achilles Heel: If this team's offensive prowess does not live up to the hype, the defense may crack and send this team tumbling to the Serie A depths. If Spartak gets in a bad habit of giving up early goals they may find themselves fighting to stay in the top flight rather than fighting for a championship. While the offense will receive the hype this season, it is the defense that could determine this team's final fate.​

4. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Spartak Moscow 2 - 1 Aston Villa
    Spartak Moscow came back from an early deficit in their first game of the season to defeat Aston Villa 2-1. After going into halftime down 1-0, a surging second half performance saw Welliton tie the game early in the second half and curl in a winner just three minutes from time. Coach Friz stated after the game "Villa is always a tough opponent, and giving up an early goal could have been devastating against a team like that, but we were able to fight back and I'm proud of this team for the way they completed this game."
    Spartak will be tested early this season with upcoming games against last year's third place coach with a new team at TSG Hoffenheim, and the reigning coaching champ and cross town rival CSKA Moscow.

5. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Spartak Moscow 3 - 2 TSG Hoffenheim
    Two early deficits, but also two big wins to begin the season for Spartak Moscow. For the second game in a row, Spartak found themselves down inside the first ten minutes, but a strong offensive push the rest of the first half allowed them to go into the locker room with a 3-1 edge. Hoffenheim made a second half push, but could only get one of the necessary two back, and Spartak moved up the table with a full six points in their first two games. The talking point of this game will be the penalty in the first half that allowed Spartak to take a 2-1 lead. Friz stated after the game "It may have been a weaker penalty than we're used to seeing, but you have to give Welliton credit for getting to that spot. He did everything he could, and the referee called it as he saw it." Hoffenheim fans will likely not be as forgiving to this referee, but the Spartak fans walk away very pleased with their teams result after this game. Hoffenheim will certainly remember that call during the return leg to be played later this season.​

Dmitri Kombarov was named man of the match after a goal and an assist. Ari and Emmanuel Eminike also found their way onto the scoring sheet for Spartak.

6. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

^ surely it wasn't a weaker decision than the PK against me? :) I'm just glad that wasn't what decided our game.

7. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    pretty similar fouls, but from my experience with this FIFA, unless you're slide tackling in the box most PKs end up as pretty weak decisions. not sure what the difference is, but i think i've had as many PKs in the two games this season as I had in the three seasons I played as Udinese

8. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

My theory is if you repeatedly hit circle, the more likely you are to get called for it. I was SMASHING it trying to clear the ball and got the penalty called.

9. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Ah, yeah that would do it if the game recognized I had possession of the ball, if you have circle as your tackle on the defensive end its going to switch from clearance to tackle. i moved my tackle button off of circle way back when i first got the game because of this, too many times i tried to clear a lose ball and just crash through a player

10. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Why not just clear the ball with square? It's a much quicker clearance on defense (not as accurate) but would still not have you in one of those situations where the game registers your button smashing too late, resulting in a defensive tackle rather than a clearance.

11. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    with square as slide tackle, you risk running into the same problem, if the ball isn't clearly in your possession, the last thing i want my defender doing is sliding into a player in the box.

12. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Spartak Moscow 2 - 0 Stoke City
    Referees have been a central figure in Spartak's first three games. Questionable penalties awarded in each of the first two games, this time it was the cards that will be the talking point. A tightly contested defensive battle didn't see a goal until just under the hour mark, but after that the action started. Just minutes after Spartak was given the lead with a goal from Ari, Stoke's Ryan Shawcross was sent off on a second yellow on a relatively light foul. With the lead and a man advantage, Spartak was able to hold on to the end and Ari added a second goal in the waning minutes to seal the victory. Friz stated after the game "Maybe that's why I'm a coach and not a referee, but thats not a card in my book. I can sympathize with Stoke, and we're happy to have the win, but it was certainly a harsh decision."​
    Spartak move to the top of the table with 9 points in their first three games, but a difficult matchup with CSKA Moscow coming up may give them their toughest test yet.​

13. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

didn't mean that. meant using whatever button (in my case square) that you use to shoot the ball with on offense as a way to clear the ball on defense without running the risk of a slide tackle

14. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

That's circle for me, which is what I was pressing

15. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ah, yeah, by default, at least in the north american version, square is slide tackle, circle is standing tackle and quick clearance. might have different defaults in your version if you're in egypt, but standing tackle and clearance on the same button can create problems in the event of not clear possession. thats why i moved my standing tackle to one of the shoulder buttons, so circle on defense doesn't do anything drastic if its not clearing the ball.

16. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Spartak Moscow 3 - 2 Stade Rennes
    Spartak Moscow improved to 4-0=0 on the young season with a 3-2 victory over Stade Rennes in a game that was back and forth from the beginning. Neither team scored twice in a row, but it was Spartak who had the last goal, as Eminike finished with under 10 minutes to go to break the late tie and salvage all three points. Welliton and Suchy also scored for Spartak. After the game, Friz stated "It was a hard fought game, but the team showed their resilience as we were able to bounce back each time Stade Rennes drew even."​
    Spartak still has matches with CSKA Moscow and Werder Bremen, so they will be hard pressed to maintain their perfect mark to begin the season.​

17. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Spartak Moscow 1 - 2 CSKA Moscow
    After a 4-0 start to the season, Spartak suffered their first loss at the hands of cross town rivals CSKA Moscow. A quick start from Spartak saw them take an early lead as Eminike was able to split two defenders and finish on the break, but CSKA was able to level before halftime, and in the second half found a winner. Spartak will be very disappointed with this loss, and will feel it should have ended quite differently, but will look to rebound against Werder Bremen in their next game. After the game, Friz stated "We should have done more with our quick start. This could end up being a crucial game at the end of the season, and we'll just have to hope it doesn't catch up with us then."​

18. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Spartak Moscow 4 - 2 VfB Stuttgart
    Cup Group Stage Game 1
    TFS Cup Play opened today for Spartak Moscow with a game against VfB Stuttgart from Serie C, and they opened play with a bang. A quick start saw them on the scoresheet after only three minutes as Ari headed home from close range, and they were able to open the lead to 4 before Stuttgart came back with 2. In the end, Stuttgart's late run wasn't enough as Spartak kept the 4-2 edge to the final whistle. After the game, Friz said of their opponents "They're a good team, and have the potential to play with anyone, we just clicked today and the offense was firing from the opening whistle. I think anyone would have a hard time with us when we play like that and we'll hope to keep it up moving forward."​
    Spartak Moscow will face Wolverhampton in the next round, and a win in that game would guarantee them through to the next round.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.