(F12) TF United

Discussion in 'TS United' started by RedAL925, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

If you are interested in joining this PS3 FIFA Club, post your PSN and VP position (up to 3 positions, in order of preference)

ROSTER:

2. RedAL925

Discuss all things TF United here

3. RedAL925

It is not imperative to post results, but if you feel the need, you can do so here. Please post the teams, score, and goal scorers.

TF United 3-0 Random Club FC
    [​IMG]Player 1 (23')
    [​IMG]Player 2 (43')
    [​IMG]Player 3 (79')

4. RedAL925

[​IMG]
    TF UNITED
    est. 2011

The mission of this club is above all else to have fun. Winning is important, but secondary to the enjoyment of the game.

COMMUNICATION:
    In addition to this forum, we will use the PS Chat feature to communicate before/during/after Club matches. Berating players for lack of skill will NOT be tolerated, and will lead to IMMEDIATE expulsion from the club.

GAMEPLAY:
    This is a team game, and we will play like one. We will hold our shape, stay in our positions for the most part, and always look for the easy pass. Ball-hogging and excessive use of skill moves will not be tolerated. The same sim-style gameplay guidelines that apply to the league also apply here.

There should be at least 3 members of the club online to play a match. If you log on and find that the team is already playing, please do not steal someone's position while you wait for them to return to the match lobby. Instead, either ask what is open in the Chat, or wait for the other players to take their spots.

If your VP needs to play out of your preferred position, I encourage you to edit your VP to his new position. For example, if you are normally a LM and you need to play LB, you should edit your VP to play LB. If, however, you are a CAM and need to play RM, a change is not necessary.

PLAYING THE ANY POSITION:
    The person who plays ANY will become the captain of the team. Since this person is most likely controlling the defense, it will be this person's responsibility to change the team mindset (Very Defensive-Defensive-Balanced-Offensive-Very Offensive) accordingly.

This person will also be the ONLY person to use the call defender (circle) button on defense. Having multiple people calling for defenders defeats the purpose of the button. In the event we have a full squad, this responsibility will fall on one or both of the CBs.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Cimmy24
    ST, CAM, RW

6. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

I joined but my vp has zero stats! What is the best way to build up my guy? I like to play lm when I play, I also play closer to center than the wings.

7. RedAL925

Start by banging out all of the arena accomplishments. Once you do all those put yourself on a team and play a 0.5 star team with halves set at 20+ minutes. Then go through the accomplishments list and start knocking them out.

8. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

If you sift through some of the threads in here...

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/forums/fc-tradition.394/

...there is some excellent detail on VP player progression.

9. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

10. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

OhDaesu19
    RM/CAM/RAM

My VP is only at 75. I will work to get him higher via the advice posted above.

11. RedAL925

I do realize some of you may already have a Club team that you play with. You are not required to join this club, nor will I be offended if you do not wish to join.

12. RedAL925

For getting everyone together

13. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I like the look of this club starting out, but I gotta stick with my current club for now. Maybe if things change in the future I'll look into TFU. GL![​IMG]

14. RedAL925

thanks Bronc, you have an open invitation

15. RedAL925

Things will most likely be slow to start off, but in order for sustained success we need to create a solid foundation. Come FIFA 12 both the Serie A and TF United should be a full go.

16. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

ST/LW/CAM

17. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

So how does this work? we all have to be online at the same time? and we play another club?

18. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

That is correct. It is a lot of fun. The more the merrier. Also we usually use the chat function on PSN the communicate prior, during and after the matches. It's harder to do during the game as you have to hit the PS button on the controller to "leave" the game, go into the chat room, type ur message, hit the PS button to get back in the game.

19. RedAL925

that's correct Oh. You should have received both a Chat invite and a Club invite.

20. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

I've got to get some stats built up. So, I need to get some games in. Let me know if anyone wants to get the inaugural game on.

21. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

I would love to get in this game. You could only play for one club. I haven't quit my other club yet as I was waiting for this one to pick up. Once we start here I will leave my other club and play with TF United. When we do play I do have a couple of suggestions. First, someone should play the "any" position unless, of course, we have 10 players. That person should be captain and should choose ultra d (this is done from the d-pad in game) unless we have 4 humans playing d. This helps the cpu d not get burned as much. Secondly, as a team we need to pass backwards and across the pitch frequently. This will help the build up and creat more chances when we do move forward. Thirdly, when in possesion and looking to pass use the pace button (L2 ithink) and not sprint so much. I find this will help you keep possesion longer when under attack and I find my passes are more accurate. When I say longer I mean a split second longer but long enough where they don't take the ball away and you can get off that pass, cross or lob to create that goal scoring chance. Please don't take this post as if I am a great Fifa player because I am not. My VP is at 75 but improving and when you play me in our league games if I score it'll be a Christmas Miracle. Looking forward to getting on pitch with TF United. By the way a new season starts each month so we should shoot for our 1st game when March starts.

22. RedAL925

I would also like to get some games going, but to be honest, I doubt this will pick up anytime soon. With the league starting up, everyone will be focused on those games for a bit. I expect that once we get into the season a bit people will start looking for an alternative to league games, and TF United will then be in business.

@OhDaesu19 I encourage you to join now...if people see 4 or 5 of us already signed up, they will be more likely to join. I know @shiftee is still with Sinning Saints, which has now dissolved. Bronc said he is staying with Brasil Unit for the time being. @Cimmy24 and a few others have not yet joined, and there are a couple people who do not play clubs.

Again, by no means are you required to join, nor do I expect you to leave your current club to play here.

23. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

No problem. I will join tonight.

24. ezio

ezio Walk On

Does it matter where I play? Do you need help at a particular position? Let me know. Thanks.

25. RedAL925

It does not matter, no. We have yet to play a match

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.