(F13) Experimental League

Discussion in 'TFL: Tradition Fútbol League' started by niuhuskie224, Feb 20, 2013.

?

Which league would you like to run, if any? Which transfer budget system would you prefer?

1. ANY teams

50.0%
  2. English Premier League

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. German Bundesliga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. French Ligue 1

16.7%
  5. La Liga

16.7%
  6. Seria A

16.7%
  7. Brazilian League

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Russia Premier League

33.3%
  9. Dutch Eredivisie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (Please specify via comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Realistic Transfer Budgets

66.7%
  12. Reverse Transfer Budgets

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Welcome to the Experimental League Application Thread. Below is everything you need to know about what this league is going to be, who is going to be involved, and how you can be a member of this league.

What is it?

What it is, is a league that will hopefully get us going with something special for FIFA 14. We are not getting connected careers from everything I have read. If that changes, then obviously what we do here will not matter. But since the likelihood of EA abandoning Ultimate Team :mad: and actually giving us a Connected Career mode seems slim, we want to head it off.

What this league will be is a place we try out anything and everything that we can with FIFA to see what we can bring to the masses. Anything we can try, we will do so in this league. This league will not be tied to any tournaments or other FIFA leagues here. It will be to try stuff out and see how a few seasons play out with some new features we want to try.

Who is running it?

Obviously, as I am writing this post, I will be heavily involved. I do not have the deepest soccer background and that will be good for this. We do not want to alienate anyone that isn't into soccer outside of FIFA.

Helping with all the soccer stuff, and rosters and understanding of how European Leagues work will be Michael Woodward. Between the two of us, we will be creating a league we hope TSO can be proud of and one that will attract new members to the site. In addition to the two of us Jon MK will be involved helping with the day to day grind that will be this league.

So seriously, what is this thing?

What we intend to try is to develop a league with some kind of budget system. We want to understand how we can trade players, buy and sell players, do free agency outside of FIFA. How do we do the rosters? How do we make sure league members aren't cheating? How do we make FIFA deeper and more in line with the Online Dynasty mode of NCAA and Connect Career modes of Madden? We will be trying a number of things in this league,

- Budgets
    - Transfers
    - Transfer Windows
    - Playoffs
    - Budget awards (Win the table, increase budget, lose the table, decrease budget)
    - Different advance windows
    - Stat Tracking
    - And more with the help of league members

We believe we can create a system and want to do it, in a controlled environment. Work the kinks out now and bring this league to everyone for FIFA 14.

How do I join?

There is an application that will be at the bottom of this post. Read it over, fill it out and we will pick a variety of people to join us in creating this league. DO NOT LET LACK OF SOCCER KNOWLEDGE DISCOURAGE YOU FROM APPLYING!!!! We need guys who know a lot about soccer, some guys in the middle, and some guys who only know soccer because they play FIFA. This variety and balance will allow us to understand what this league can be, who can participate, and how we can curb it to make it fun and competitive for a large number of people.

I do not have a set number of people that we will be bringing in, but I imagine the league will settle somewhere between 8 and 14 members. If you are not selected, don't fret over it. We are just looking for a balance of different members without overloading ourselves. We will also be putting a couple on a wait list so that between seasons we can add teams to the league and see how that effects budgets and competitiveness.

If after reading all of that, you are interested and think you can help the TFL be a better place for everyone, fill out the application and show your interest.

I will announce the members that will be joining us on Wednesday, February 27.

Hope to see a lot of interest for this. It can be great if we figure this all out.

The Application

Name:

Availability:

Other Leagues on TSO:

Other TSO responsibilities:

How many seasons of FIFA have you played at TSO? When? (Include FIFA 11, FIFA 12 and FIFA 13):

Soccer teams you follow in real life:

Soccer leagues you follow in real life:

On a scale of 1-10, your knowledge of soccer:

What would you bring to the Experimental League:

Anything else we should know about you:

2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

3. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You guys can stop tagging me. I appreciate the continuous offers but I don't have time to play in a FIFA league.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Dont think I'll have time for an experimental.. will just focus on the regular league for now.

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Doesn't hedache have all this already created?

8. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

His was quite a bit different. Fictitious teams after a fantasy draft and only those players could be bought if I remember right. We want to start with real teams and allow you to transfer any player in the world in for the right offer and improve your team into a power as if you were the real manager.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

Name: GovernedSpy

Availability: most nights

Other Leagues on TSO: TLY, TFSerie (likely leaving end of season), TFL

Other TSO responsibilities: none

How many seasons of FIFA have you played at TSO? When? (Include FIFA 11, FIFA 12 and FIFA 13): Fifa 12/13

Soccer teams you follow in real life: Aberdeen/Sunderland/Rubin Kazan

Soccer leagues you follow in real life: SPL and all european leagues

On a scale of 1-10, your knowledge of soccer: 10

What would you bring to the Experimental League: i play in the biggest xbox transfer site around so would have great knowledge to bring

Anything else we should know about you : available if needed for any input

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I don't think I will have time once I start spring semester and I start playing golf again.

11. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

I am busy right now, but I'll apply later :)

12. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

The Application
    Name: eheskey11

Availability: Flexible most weekday eve's and sporadically throughout the enitre weeked

Other Leagues on TSO: Nope, just FIFA

Other TSO responsibilities: Keeping up to date on tags. I'm thinking of adding it to my workout routine. :eek:

How many seasons of FIFA have you played at TSO? When? (Include FIFA 11, FIFA 12 and FIFA 13):

Just became a member during the release of 13 so two seasons and a WC

Soccer teams you follow in real life: Liverpool FC

Soccer leagues you follow in real life:

Premier League, Champions League, La Liga, Bundesliga in priority sequence.

On a scale of 1-10, your knowledge of soccer: You mean 'football'? lol about 7. So much to know

What would you bring to the Experimental League: I could help by applying real life like attributes to the game. Plus, since as i've been an actual Fifa gamer since 97, I can relate to a medium between real life and gamer life. e.g If there's two divisions, use CL for Div.1, and Europa for Div.2; this gives both leagues some sort of higher level of achievement to go for. Rather than just the big guns in Div.1 hogging all the accolades.

Anything else we should know about you:

If anyone is in need of some manual practise, i'm always up for a match. Fifa is the only game i play on my console so I can try my best to give some pointers and run some friendly training type matches where goals don't really matter.

I absolutely love this idea of incorporating transfer funds and windows. How it'll be done? I have absolutely no clue, but i can't wait to see what's in store for us.

13. XAttackConquerX

XAttackConquerX Walk On

Name: RVC14 (Ryan)

Availability: Weekdays from 1-2, 5-9 EST. Weekend: random, available a lot though.

Other Leagues on TSO: Just FIFA

Other TSO responsibilities: None

How many seasons of FIFA have you played at TSO? When? (Include FIFA 11, FIFA 12 and FIFA 13): 4 I think, FIFA 11 or 12

Soccer teams you follow in real life: Chelsea, AC Milan

Soccer leagues you follow in real life: Premier League, Serie A, Champions League, MLS, La Liga

On a scale of 1-10, your knowledge of soccer: 8

What would you bring to the Experimental League: Active member who has experience in leagues like this on other sites. Absolutely love leagues with transfers and other things like this.​

Anything else we should know about you: Nope, pretty much it. ​

14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

You going to sign Emile Heskey?

15. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Top goalscorer, here he comes.

You know what, If he's available, I may just do it for a laugh. If he scores even a single goal, I want his name up in lights.

16. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I may create him just so you can. Finishing of 1 lol

17. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Name: ConiglioSG

Availability: Mon,Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun (Tue and Wed, after 1am)

Other Leagues on TSO: RS, TLY, TLF S3

Other TSO responsibilities: Being awesome? :)

How many seasons of FIFA have you played at TSO? When? (Include FIFA 11, FIFA 12 and FIFA 13): None here

Soccer teams you follow in real life: Juventus

Soccer leagues you follow in real life: All the big European leagues

On a scale of 1-10, your knowledge of soccer: I know that the balls is round :), by saying that I guess: 9-10?

What would you bring to the Experimental League: Consistency, motivation and fair play. :

18. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

Name: Josh

Availability: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday

Other Leagues on TSO: TFL

Other TSO responsibilities: None

How many seasons of FIFA have you played at TSO? When? (Include FIFA 11, FIFA 12 and FIFA 13): 0

Soccer teams you follow in real life: Tottenham, Columbus, Juventus

Soccer leagues you follow in real life: EPL, MLS, Serie A, Bundesliga

On a scale of 1-10, your knowledge of soccer: 10

What would you bring to the Experimental League: Soccer knowledge, FIFA experience, league experience.

Anything else we should know about you: I have run FIFA leagues from FIFA 2008 until FIFA 2012, including leagues somewhat similar to what you have laid out, so I could add some insight with that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Really? That's crazy!

Where did Real Madrid's Stadium name come from? :)

Not the toughest of questions if you follow footy, but a 10 ought to be able to answer this without google'ing it. :)

20. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

It's more about your knowledge of teams and players currently. Not their stadiums or leading goal scorer from 1909 haha

21. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

I wasn't aware there would be a quiz after class. :D

After a guy who used to play for them (striker, iirc) and was president of the club.

22. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

LOL!!!!!!

23. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

I kind of figured that. I was just messing about.

Classic Michael Woodward; always on form with the digs. hahahaahaa

24. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

CUZ DIS MY HOUSE! haha jk

25. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I wanted to update you guys on this. I will be taking most of the lead with this with support from huskie as I have a lot more knowledge with the world game than he does and it has been the idea I've been pushing for a while.

Before we can start, we need to decide some things.

Do we want to keep this to one league (more realistic) or do we want to be whatever team we want in the world? Do we want to do real transfer budgets or reverse transfer budgets (3 star teams get more money than 5 star teams to help balance the teams out quickly)?

The way this is going to have to work is I'm going to have to re-create your team in the creation centre so that I can manually change any transfers you make. The only other way is to have each person do it themselves but this opens up a lot of problems as Fifa likes to reset the rosters and people could cheat or continuously be lazy. It's not that I don't trust you guys, we just generally don't trust anyone because we've learned better over the years of doing this. So, the above needs to be decided so that we can pick teams so that I can re-create them since that is a bit time consuming.

I tried to get Shaun to give us a special TSO name to send your transfer offers to but there is a special software to detect multiple accounts from one person and this would screw that up. Sooooo, we are going to have to create a gmail account which management will share to deliberate the acceptability of transfer offers. If you guys want to create a gmail account identical to your tso name, that would be ideal, but if you don't want to go to that hassle, we will make due as long as you have some sort of email account. It kind of sucks we have to do that but that's how it has to work for now because I don't want my inbox flooded and then others can't deliberate as easily.

If this proves a success and Fifa does not include an online career mode next year, Shaun and I are discussing the creation of a tool to help with transfers and workload. It would be a general database where you can search for players and offer and each player will have a general number which is triggered if you meet an acceptable transfer offer and it will automatically calculate your budget after each transfer. This is just an idea and something for you guys to think about. It's by no means official or anything like that. I just want you to remember that this is experimental. All ruling on transfers must be respected. We will not be biased in any way. You will need to trust us on that because at the moment, there is no way to do it without a group of people to decide what is fair and unfair. Just know that I have followed transfer periods for many years and know how things work and the general prices people go for. I also have various tools at my disposal to help with deciding.

Keep in mind, things that will decide a players price are overall rating (of course), importance to the team, transfer status (is he transfer listed?), age, club he comes from (an 81 overall from a Croatian or Zimbabwe club will cost significantly less than an 81 from a Ukraine or Russian club), and various other things. You guys will get the hang of it after a while.

I will try to create mock transfer rumors to help those less experienced with the game find lesser known transfer targets. We want to make this viable for people of all knowledge levels. If an offer is made, I am going to do a random roll. If the roll lands on a certain number, the player who you are bidding for's agent will "leak the transfer bid" to the public to try and get higher offers for his client. In other words, it will be posted publicly that you are offering for him. If it lands on any of the other numbers, it will remain private. This is to start transfer wars on occasion but not have everything announced so that a player can just follow someone experienced and try sniping all their bids. I will also make fake stories that are not true to make things a bit trickier and realistic.

We will have two transfer periods. One the week before the season starts and possibly through week 1 and one at the halfway point of the season. During these times, you may submit bids. We will have a limit on how many times you can offer in a day and how many times you can offer for a player in that day. However, in between these periods, you will not be allowed to offer for players. You will need to mix up your lineups some because we will have a certain criteria players must meet before they get "upset" and are automatically transfer listed out of your control because they are upset. In other words, pretend you're Man City. You start the same lineup every week, all your best players. You have Nasri on the bench every single week, never getting to play. Nasri will get upset and want playing time. He will end up transfer listed if you do not play him. This is to keep people from hoarding talent just to spite other people. In your match results, you will need to list who started and who was subbed on and when. It's a little more work but we are trying to make this thing realistic.

You will be allowed to make a move for anyone in the world if the price is right. I will monitor how non-user teams are playing in real life to decide what players are worth. Players not on the game, like players from the Ukraine or Croatia League or others can be created by me using various tools to help me rate them accurately (Football Manager 2013 being one of those tools).....Again, I will make some transfer stories with some of these players so that the people who do not know anything about those leagues still have a chance to find some good talent. If you want a player on another user's team, you two will negotiate. We will still have the final say and right to veto but this power will only be exercised if we think you are sabotaging the league (like selling Messi for $1). If it is even remotely reasonable, we will allow it if you accept the transfer bid.

I don't want to make this too exhaustive of a message. I just want you guys to see what we are working with right now. Below, I will have a poll. The top half will be to vote on which league you'd like to stick to or if you'd like to be random teams. Below, you will vote on reverse or realistic transfer budgets. MULTIPLE VOTES WILL BE ALLOWED ONLY TO VOTE ON BOTH....SELECT ONLY ONE LEAGUE CHOICE AND BETWEEN REVERSE OR REALISTIC BUDGETS!!!! IF YOU VOTE FOR SEVERAL LEAGUES AND BOTH BUDGET OPTIONS, I WILL NOT BE HAPPY AND WILL PROBABLY DOCK YOUR TRANSFER BUDGET!!! (jk, but don't be a douche please)

If anyone has any additional suggestions, please proceed to comment below. I cannot promise we will listen to you, but if you have a great idea, we just might. Let me know how you guys feel about all this as well. I hope this can be a very fun thing which helps this site grow exponentially over time.

GovernedSpy
    Jon MK
    niuhuskie224
    ConiglioSG
    eheskey11
    XAttackConquerX
    electrickeeper
    Kasper (I thought I remembered you saying you may try if we need you, so I'm tagging you just in case. You would make 8 people which would be a lot better than 7...If you are sure you don't have time, that is fine too. Just let me know.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.