(F13) League Discussion

Discussion in 'TFL: Tradition Fútbol League' started by AJ Hart MN, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

But yeah, I have dibs on PSG :p All of you bandwagon SOB's, stay away!

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I have a feeling there will be some interest from Timpegoose

3. hedache

hedache Walk On

And he sells out on Arsenal just like that...

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'm all Zlatan'd out for a couple months after he failed to carry me past the quarter-finals... Now come September that could be a different story. Maybe he should just go to United instead of PSG.

5. Virulentmeteor5

Virulentmeteor5 Walk On

No sir, I don't think united are in that much need of a striker (not that Zlatan wouldn't be a good addition). I like what United are doing at the moment and with Fletcher not scheduled to return yet then I hope they continue to add Midfielders.
    I would love to see them go after Javi Martinez that way they can use him as a holding CDM allowing Carrick to be more involved in the attack.

6. AJ Hart MN

Pfft, Arsenal will always be #1 to me but any French League team is a close #2 (y) We have so many Arsenal supporters around here and someone like yourself that evidentally just likes to stick their nose into the Arsenal team selection process that I thought I'd just step aside this year. I can stay with the Gunners if you would like me too though..

7. Connor

Connor Walk On

I do enjoy what my Red Devils are doing right now. But idk if I will try to snag them again. I keep coming back to the same team. You've heard it before. QPR is calling my name. Picking up Park now and have Fabio on loan. It's like they want me to take them. Still have Zamora, Cisse, Taarabt and of course the infamous, yet good Barton. I think I can live with that. Please don't get rid of anybody.

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah I agree that they don't need Zlatan. I just want him there for FIFA :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. AJ Hart MN

All of these United fans.. Yuck!

10. Virulentmeteor5

Virulentmeteor5 Walk On

Sir, would you like some cheese with that wine?:p

Yeah United wins so often it makes you sick, but you can always watch your beloved Gunners try and try again.

How does the song go?

If at first you don't succeed
    Dust yourself off and try again
    You can dust it off and try again

Rinse and repeat Gunners.:D

11. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Blue is the color.

12. AJ Hart MN

If van Persie goes to Manchester United...

13. Virulentmeteor5

Virulentmeteor5 Walk On

Then you can probably stick a fork in it, the league will be for the Devils to take.

14. AJ Hart MN

Didn't know van Persie was a keeper or a defensive midfielder :oops:

15. Virulentmeteor5

Virulentmeteor5 Walk On

That wont matter since the opposition would have to score more than 3 goals to win

16. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

TFL,

As we wind down on FIFA12 and I believe today marks 1 month before the FIFA13 release, I wanted to make a couple of announcements and say a few things. First, I wanted to thank everyone for their participation in our TFL, MLS, and EURO leagues over the last year. I have really enjoyed getting to know everyone and I hope you have enjoyed our leagues here and the structure we have provided.

In terms of structure, FIFA13 has not added any Online League capability or Online Manager Mode. This means that for FIFA13, our leagues here will need to continue to be manually run, through league republic, creation centre, google docs and our other tricks we use to keep things moving. Running these leagues is a labor intensive process. Keying results, managing owners dropping and adding, monitoring scheduling, tracking injuries, overseeing team drafts are all time consuming and difficult tasks at times. With that said, I was very disappointed that FIFA has furthered their focus on Ultimate Team and H2H Seasons. In my mind, a 24 person Online Manager Mode with teams sprinkled accross Europe would have been amazing, but that's not going to happen.

So, to get to the point, I have enjoyed running these leagues for the last year and a half, but it's time to step down and get my mornings back. So, I am going to be seeing through our MLS Playoffs and at that time I will be retiring from running the TFL. I will still be here to assist in transitioning to whoever ends up taking the reins.

On a personal note, I am getting married in Sept, with a honeymoon to follow... That puts me MIA for two weeks in the heart of our team draft window and league setup. That combined with my career, I just don't have the bandwidth to devote so many hours to the leagues, hence my disappointment (disgust) in the FIFA13 news.

Anyway, I think we have a great thing here, and I was particularly impressed with the MLS. Yes, I had to close out around 10 matches to end the season, and yes, we had some turnover throughout the year. But to run a 34 game schedule for 19 teams is pretty cool. Thanks to all for your devotion.

So, now the TFL needs a new leader... who will that be? Since I have been so invested in this league for so long, I want to help make the RIGHT choice. I have already spoke to a couple folks who have shown interest. If you are interested, I will help bring the heads together and put a plan in place to keep things running. I am here to help, and I will still be here to participate... So, again, thanks guys for all your participation and assistance and virtual friendships.

See you on the pitch.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 9
  17. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

18. Virulentmeteor5

Virulentmeteor5 Walk On

Although I have only been around for a short period, I just want to say thanks and a job well done.

Congrats on the marriage and hope to see you somewhere along the lines of Fifa 13.

I too was very disappointed with the lack of online career mode but this will most likely not be done until next gen. There are just too many people that play this game and I don't think that EA have the functionality to carry this out yet.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Haven't been in the TFL for a while, but wanted to say thanks for all the time and effort you put into this. It really helped to grow FIFA on the site and the leagues were fun to play in.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The Richuation has been instrumental to the success of the FIFA leagues on this site. His work is both recognized and greatly appreciated. More than I could express.

I will be involved with the talks going forward for leadership transition.

• Like Like x 6
  21. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Congrats again on the marriage, hopefully you'll still have some time to play some footy on the weekends. I'm not sure I'll have time to fully run the TFL, but I can help out as needed. Thanks for all the work you put in man, the fact that the FIFA leagues had 40+ guys on a predominantly football site is a tribute to the quality of the TFL.

• Like Like x 1
  22. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I personally really appreciate your work done here Rich! All the time and devotion that you have displayed and sacrificed to be the key builder in what the FIFA setting is today on TSO. You laid a great foundation to be built upon and once FIFA implements a league feature, this is surely to go to greater heights.

Congratulations on the marriage and a strong career, don't stay gone too long.

• Like Like x 1
  23. hedache

hedache Walk On

Before cheering you on the hard work, I have to thank and congratulate you for the leadership you have displayed throughout this period. You've been a great character with your attitude, decisions you made and didn't make and the work ethic you've shown (even though it's not work and you're not even getting paid for it). Have you been perfect? No, but you've been very optimal and completely satisfactory with your leadership in my opinion. So thanks for making all this happen along with the way you made it happen.

Hard work is another story, I just can't imagine the time you've put in this only in the past 11 months aside from anything from before then. Sad story (also applies for me), you could have spent all that time and effort on better things to make your life better in other ways :D So thanks for spending your time and resources to entertain us.

Congratulations on your marriage, hope you don't look back at this day 10 years from now and be like "I should have stuck with that and not the marriage"... :p Enjoy your honeymoon!

• Like Like x 1
  24. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Haha. A perfect Hedache response. Thank you for the kind words.... I can live with optimal and satisfactory. :)

10 years from now, I hope that... 1. Marrage is going strong and 2. FIFA implements a fucking CCM :mad:

But, I won't be far. Just far from league republic. :D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  25. hedache

hedache Walk On

When I take a realistic look at things, it really is kind of like hmm who would I make happy, 1000s of people that will play Ultimate Team and keep pouring additional money for our product on top of the game disc and H2H players that make the game popular? Or the little group of 213 people that want an online dynasty mode? Not to mention, it's probably so much harder to implement an online dynasty mode compared to NCAA given the fact that soccer world is so much larger and has complications involving creating some virtual transfer world that made sense. I think at this point I'd be happy enough with ultimate team (with seasons implemented as in promised in 13) if they tweaked it and made game play for it separated by user type of some sort like all manual/semi/assisted+arcade+hooray obnoxious kids categories. I believe what Ultimate Team is missing is the sliders, I hear that it's a lot more arcade feeling compared to regular games.

So I don't really expect online manager mode from EA anymore really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.