(F13) Season 4 - Discussion

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League North' started by niuhuskie224, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Simple question. Are you in or out for Season 4?

What will season 4 look like? I am trying out a few things since this will be a smaller season.

1) Games being open for only a week. We run Wednesday to Tuesday at 11:59. If you cannot get your games in during that time, you will be penalized 1 point in the standings.

2) Playoffs. I want to see how the league runs with some form of a playoff. I will be doing a format that rewards the table winner a large amount. The size of the playoff will depend of the number of teams that are in the league. Ideally, if we have 12 teams, the top 5 will make the playoff, with the number 1 seed getting a free pass to the title game. 1 has a bye, 2 vs. 5 (home and home), 3 vs. 4 (home and home), winners play a single semi final. Table winner will play the winner of that. I want to try this to see if there is any positive gain to the league over the course of a season.

3) Any team will be available. We will have a random draw, and all teams are a go.

4) Depending on teams, we will play 2 or 3 games a week.

5) No scoring cap. What we are going to try is, when a game hits 4 goals, it is on the opposing team to pause the game, and let the other person know one of two things....A) Play on, I am going to keep pushing down 4 and you should do the same. B) I concede the game. Let's collect stats from this point and end it. A number of people are on the fence about this one. I personally hate when people just pass the ball back and forth up 4 to run the clock. Some people hate playing it out down 4 with a half to go. This is something I would like to try now so we can bring it to FIFA 14.

If you have other ideas, I would like to hear them now.

You must respond to this thread by FRIDAY MAY 17 at 11:59 PM EASTERN. We will hold the draft starting at noon eastern on SATURDAY MAY 18.

Scott

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Huskie, i have a limited schedule but would love to get back in for one last hoorah until what may ultimately be the end of my league gaming. If you ever have a problem with me, don't hesitate to drop me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Also niuhuskie224

I would not object to any rigging of the draft to get me the #1 pick and take my Toon Army. That is unless shootah66 has developed a fanhood through his 2 seasons of being a member of the Army.

• Like Like x 1
  4. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

absolutely im in

• Like Like x 1
  5. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

haha the army is all urs, im jumping off that ship

6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

7. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

In, Fulham duh

• Like Like x 1
  9. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

niuhuskie224

I'm in.

Can we choose "any" team or any EPL team? Just curious.

10. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

uhmmm not sure yet. I'd like to see a few changes like shorter seasons (at some point it was a pain the in the ass to schedule games) and maybe divisions (less games and gives us a chance to stay interested even if we play like crap). I'd love it if we could play with 3* or lower teams!!! Wanna see more people trying to play a more tactical game rather trying to shoot the ball 20 times per match.

11. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

ANY

12. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Once we have final numbers, I will make a decision on doing any kind of divisions/conferences to shorten up the season.

13. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

As far as going 3 star teams, this is something I will look at once I see the final commits.

14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I'm in

I don't think star level matters for shots. In fact, I think a shittier team would lead to more long range shots because you'd get in less shooting positions so you would panic and just shoot. I played with all my backups (mostly 60s) recently and still had like 20 shots, though not that many were long range because I was able to work it in closer still. I don't really notice a difference between better and worse players besides physical attributes (like speed and stamina) and finishing. Passing is mostly all up to you so you would still get into the same positions and get into mostly the same shooting chances, you will just probably miss more. That's my opinion at least.

15. Ricky Boots

Ricky Boots Walk On

16. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i'm out - sold the game last week.

17. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

I'm going to say in for now but I'm moving at the end of the month compiled with work as well so I will do everything with in my power to not lose points.

18. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

It will be good to see how someone who is active but moving is effected by this system. So this would be good.

19. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Surprised. Any reason why? Will you be back for 14.

20. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Well, I'm in for this one.

I actually intended on not signing up for this season, but being that the season will be moving along faster, i'm all for it. Not a big fan of playoffs, but i know that many people from the this side of the pond are pretty much groomed with that process and will hopefully see more value in making an effort to get games played for the fun part of the season.

Borrussia Dortmund, if we're picking here as well please. :)

21. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Not sure if i'm right, but i believe he means that, the average person who isn't really an all out footy fan, is more likely to go H.A.M with a big 5 star team because they're familiar with them. Sounds strange i know, but you let half of the so-so Fifa gamers use Man U, Madrid and Barca, and they're all for it. Give them TFC, Kaizer Chiefs or Sydney and they're more likely to not want to play.

As i said though, my perception could be well off.

22. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

That's not what I'm saying at all but I do agree with that that people not familiar will be put off by small teams and would be more likely to pick huge teams if given the choice. If my favorite team isn't available when I pick, I may pick a tiny team. As I said, I don't really think it will effect how many shots I get, just how close to going in they get and how crappy my defending, first touch, and goalkeeping is haha

23. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

24. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

25. bmwalla2

bmwalla2 Walk On

im in.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.