(F13) Season 4 - Playoffs

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League North' started by niuhuskie224, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Welcome to the playoffs.

It was a hard fought season and Michael Woodward and his Arsenal squad came out on top of the table and will be playing for the championship. Congrats to him.

Saltyfishbreath did everything he could to rally Celtic to the playoffs but came up just short, missing out to ConiglioSG and his Real Madrid squad by a point. Needless to say, Salty will be a force in future seasons.

Jon MK despite moving found a way in to the playoffs along with KnightNoles and niuhuskie224 to round out the field.

The playoffs will be a single game per round with the 2 and 3 seeds hosting the first round games, and the best remaining seed remaining hosting the semi finals.

Michael Woodward will host the title game.

For the playoffs, we will play Golden Goal. If at the end of 90 minutes there is a tie, start another game and play until someone scores. I am not sure if you can set up a game with PK's or extra time so I believe this to be the best option. If anyone can suggest a better way, let me know.

The seeds for the playoff are as follows...

1) Michael Woodward - Arsenal

2) KnightNoles - CSKA Moscow vs. 5) ConiglioSG - Real Madrid

3) niuhuskie224 - Manchester City vs. 4) Jon MK - Chelsea

Good luck to everyone. Get these games in when you can so we can finish the season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Jon MK

When can you play? I am going out of town for a week on Tuesday so the sooner we can play the better.

3. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Can you play right now? I can play tomorrow night if need be.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

CSKA 2 - Real Madrid 1

22' :yellowcard: Fabio Coentrao
    23' :goal: Doumbia (PK)
    38' :goal: Ronaldo
    52' :goal: Musa
    :assist:Tosic (2), Benzema
    :trophy:Pepe

Can't go into much depth, gotta get back to work.. It was a fun, high pace, and exhilarating match

Great match ConiglioSG

5. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Fun game! The winner goal was a beauty. Had some good counter attacks during the last minute of the game, but the lack of practice killed me and I just felt useless with the ball :D. Congrats

• Like Like x 1
  6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Man City - 2
    Chelsea - 1

Man City Goals
    Nasari - 79
    Tevez - 101

Chelsea Goals
    Demba Ba - 45

MOTM
    Tevez

GG Jon MK

With not having taken the pitch for some time, both sides came out with some rust. A number of chances for City resulted in nothing and naturally Chelsea came down on their first sustained attack to make it 1-0 going into the break. It continued to look bleak for City until the Frenchman, Nasari gained some room and slotted on past Cech for the 1-1 tie.

In the extra period, the rain started to fall and Tevez was able to get past the defense and fire one from the top of the box for the 2-1 winner and send the City fans home happy.

Next up, is the Semi Finals between City and CSKA.

KnightNoles - Let me know when you can play. I am in the process of setting up my classroom (5th/6th grade) so it is a little more involved than a high school so my afternoons are shot at the moment.

7. KnightNoles

niuhuskie224

What has been good for you recently? Friday to Sunday night will be out of town, attending a wedding and driving.

8. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Tonight at some point?

9. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Manchester City - 3
    CSKA - 1

City Goals
    Nasri - 24
    Aguero - 65
    Milner - 83

City Assist
    Tevez - 1
    Milner - 1

City MOTM
    Milner - 9.4

CSKA Goals
    Doumbia - 69

CSKA Assist
    Gonzalez

GG @KnightNoles

Game was pretty balanced from start to finish. The first goal came on a defensive gaff from CSKA where Nasri got a little space and placed a perfect finesse shot for the 1-0 lead. There weren't many chances until the 65th when Aguero got loose for a 1 on 1 with the keeper and buried it for the 2-0 lead. Doumbia did a nice job in the 69th to make it a game on a pretty shot to the far corner. Milner sealed the deal in the 83rd when Aguero shot it off the keeper and it went straight to Milner for the finish.

With the win, City goes on to face @Michael Woodward and his Arsenal squad for the title in the first ever TFL Championship game.

10. KnightNoles

Had some early chances, couldn't complete them as I was always one more pass away. Also had a few corners early that I didn't line up correctly at all, then City made me pay and I had to play catch up, something I couldn't afford to do.

Good match

11. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Man City - 4
    Arsenal - 3

City Goals
    Aguero - 13, 23
    David Silva - 58
    Nasri - 76

City Assist
    Aguero - 1
    Silva - 1

City Cards
    Lescott - :yellowcard:

City MOTM
    Aguero - 9.5

Arsenal Goals
    Walcott - 31
    Gervinho - 67
    Giroud - 77

Arsenal Assist
    Walcott - 1
    Oxlade-Chamberlain - 1

First and foremost, GG Michael Woodward

The season of ups and downs for Man City ends with a championship. Aguero got the party started early on in the 13th minute, and then connected again in the 23rd to make it 2-0, a lead City would enjoy for only 8 minutes as Arsenal would get one right back to make it 2-1 and put City fans on the edge of their seats.

David Silva made it 3-1 as he always seems to when he creates something out of nothing. Arsenal would respond 8 minutes late to make sure the game didn't get away from them.

In the 76th, Nasri would score what many thought would be the dagger but Giroud for Arsenal would come right back down to make it 4-3 and have City and Arsenal fans on their feet for the next 14 plus minutes. Fortunately for City, a corner in the 89th would be cleared out and the whistle would sound making Manchester City the Season 3 Champions.

Thanks for a great season guys. Haven't heard but from one guy about a Season 4, so it sounds like we are done. I will start organizing the league for FIFA 14 and make some announcements in the coming weeks. Hope to see everyone back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.