(F13) Serie A Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL A' started by RedAL925, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Random question fellas, what camera do you play on? I just cant seem to judge distances on "tele wide" that is default, so i move it to the old school "tele" camera. what about yall

3. RedAL925

tele, 19 height, 0 zoom

4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Hmmmm, havent played with the height and zoom, gonna give your camera settings a shot al when i kick on fifa for a bit

5. RedAL925

I look at this group and I think, anyone can be champion, anyone can be relegated...this is going to be very interesting.

6. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    especially with the new game. i feel like i have just as much chance heading back to B as repeating...interesting for sure

7. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

shiftee
    RedAL925
    heznfire
    Broncos218
    Friz
    bigox1337
    snake3249
    CxMacx10
    vipermansa
    rschwep
    HokieNYC

I will be looking to add fantasy futbol as part of the league content since it is something that I have been looking to do for a while. It will consist of only teams in the Serie A with the basic formation of 4-4-2 being implemented for all teams (for simplicity). Just wanted to ask you guys if a) you were interested and b) when would you be available for the "draft". I was thinking of Tuesday, October 9th, since that is a day before the season starts. Let me know if that works with all of you and we can work out a time.

*It will be a snake-style draft similar to the ones used for NFL fantasy*

• Like Like x 2
  8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

*If 11 players is too many we could limit it down to 6 per squad (2 def/2mid/2 attack)

9. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

i'm in. tuesday should work for me

10. rschwep

rschwep Always Rebuilding

Featured Threads:
    That's a good idea, I'd be free Tuesday after 8 pm ET if you were thinking nighttime.

11. rschwep

rschwep Always Rebuilding

Featured Threads:
    I play with it incredibly zoomed out so I can see the whole field. I think I play on "co-op" and then move the zoom even further.

12. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    count me in. i think tuesday will work...depending on time, worst case i'll just try to get you a list of all the guys in order

13. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

I'm in. that sounds like fun!

14. HokieNYC

HokieNYC Walk On

Is everyone in Serie A changing Teams?

15. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

Can you give me a little more infor on this, never done it? We would then play with these teams against each other?

16. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

What will happen is once the teams are set for Serie A I will compile a list of all the players on those teams. We will then hold a draft where you get to pick your "team" (probably only 6 players to keep it very simple at first, possibly 7 players with 1 GK/2 DEF/2 MID/2 ATT). Then you get points based on how they perform in the league (say for example you have Di Natale as your striker, if he scores a goal in the matchweek in any of Friz's games, you get points).

It's just something on the side that will keep everyone interested in what other teams are doing in the league.

*Also, forgot to add this earlier, but you MAY NOT pick your own players*​

17. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

sounds fun, I'm in..... thought it was like making up a new team with draft picks then playing with them...
    would have been too much

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

shiftee has control of Samuel Eto'o. I'm sure he will be a top choice in fantasy :)

19. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Hmmm sound intriguing on the fantasy futball. One questions, in game results.... Serie A game results as zikry above was referring too, or RL game results? If i can make the draft i would love to join. IF its Serie A game results i strongly advise the rule of not drafting anyone you directly control on your serie team.

Random Fifa questions... How to accurately cross for a header? Playing like a played last year on the crosses puts the ball over the box almost out of bounds. Just a quick tap is 50 50 chance right at the keeper/defender or to the area i want. Ive noticed that player ratings play a bigger role in the intangibles this year, is that the reason for my poor crosses?

What formations are yall thinking about using this game: My early fifa 13 preferences is "false nine" formation followed by 5-3-2, and standard issues 41212 wide diamond. 9 times out of 10 of the games ive played in seasons ive seen is a super compact 4-2-3-1 from my opp so that seems to be the early seasons favorite.

20. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

bigox1337

It's for Serie A game results and yes, you won't be able to pick your own players.

I'm starting with the 4-2-3-1 just because I have 3 attacking mids (Jadsen, Lucas, Ganso) that fit perfectly in the system. It also seems to be solid defensively which is always my #1 priority. The 433 and 4222 are good formations but I get sliced open when on defense for some reason

21. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

shiftee
    rschwep
    Broncos218
    Friz
    vipermansa
    RedAL925

You 6 (i'm assuming Al is in) have shown interest in the fantasy futbol draft idea. If bigox1337 is in that would be 8 including me, which is a good number to go with. (The other Serie A owners are still allowed to join ofcourse). rschwep is the only one who posted a time preference, so would 9pm EST on tuesday night work with everyone? Or should be go later?

22. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

i noticed the same thing w/ crosses, seems a lot of harder to just put a cross in the center of the box, especially if it's a short cross. Just barely tapping square tends to blast the ball away. I've been trying to use more low crosses (double tap square), but in a clubs game I was playing, one of my teammates used L1 + triangle to lead in a player in the box (when a tap would've been used last year). It worked well then, but I tried it out recently and it tends to just pop it up too much and the GK gathers it. So I'm not really sure what to do either.

I liked 4231 a lot in fifa 12, but with tougher crossing, I'm looking to go more central I think. I may revert back to the 442 diamond I used with Hamburg way back

23. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

any time Tuesday night would work for me

edit: also, how would scoring work?

24. RedAL925

I'm in, but Tuesday is probably no good for me

25. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

most nights would work for me, so I wouldn't mind doing it on a different day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.