(F13) Serie C Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL C' started by RedAL925, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

2. danwin

danwin Walk On

It will be tough with school and work going on but I'm ready for the Fifa 13 and the new season to start.

3. Geneseo98

Geneseo98 Walk On

Loving the new rules and features this season. It'll be great.

4. danwin

danwin Walk On

I played early release and I have this feeling that scoring is going to be way up. At least my play shows that the offensive players make much better runs to get in better goal scoring position. Probably won't help me much with the competition in our league but you never know. And, just a gripe from me, my Gamestop isn't having a midnight release and i'm not very happy about it!

5. RedAL925

Please welcome boil16 to Serie C! He will be replacing houtz, who is no longer a contributing member of this site.

6. boil16

boil16 Walk On

What's up everyone, glad to be here. Hopefully I can be a good addition, can't say I'm the best Fifa player but we'll see what happens. I'm 29 yrs old, married with our first kid on the way. From Lincoln, NE but live in Denver now. My PSN is boil16 and my number is 4024401694, text me if anyone needs to get a hold of me. Looking forward to the season.

• Like Like x 2
  7. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

anybody finding teams they like? I found a couple, don't feel like it will matter as I am pretty bad at this game.

8. danwin

danwin Walk On

Welcome boil16, hope you enjoy the league.

9. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Gents,
    My apologies....been very busy and on travel quite a bit lately plus I again somehow missed the email alerts. Although it's after the fact, yes I will be sticking with Palermo.​

10. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The Serie C Season schedule has been released! Thank you redwings8831 for helping put it together, head on over to the (S7) Table, Schedule, Stats thread to see your schedule for the upcoming season

• Like Like x 1
  11. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

My attendance has been patchy at best over the last month. Sorry about that, things should be getting better for me once I turn the calendar to November in a few weeks. Thank you redwings8831 for putting the schedule together. You should do a post with the match-ups good man, you are great at that! And thanks to Friz for sorting stuff out. Big thanks to all the boys in the league office for making this league as great as it is top to bottom. I will miss some of the old guard moving on, but I look forward to hearing more from the new pups like @Captain Crunch houtz thebouncer24 boil16 (I live in Fort Collins dude... hit me up in PM!). From now until Christmas I will cherish our time together.

That being said, some things that will help all of us in Serie C enjoy our time here more include:

• Post game summaries... we want to know about your team. Even if it was a draw. Even if you missed the goal 20 times. Let us know what is happening, YES WE CARE!
    • If you get the bug, start a thread. Talk about anything, it makes these games more interesting.
    • I can't stress enough that you post over on the Vacation thread if you think you are going to be gone more than 3 days. I practically live over there. :) I also suggest that if you know who you are playing the weeks you are missing that you attach their names to your post to give them a heads up. Prevents the "where the hell is this guy" questions.
    • If you have a crappy schedule for whatever reason: family, work, religion, horrible masturbation issues, etc... that you bring an open mind to scheduling. It's not your opponents fault that you are busy hiding away your two secret wives, erector set obsession, mini great wall of China: it's your life, try to keep things separate and civil when rescheduling your match for the 40th time. Take a deep breath and keep that one in perspective. Just be happy you are probably getting laid (but who are we kidding, you are spending hours as a grown man playing FIFA!) ;)
    • Even if you are a vet, take a look at the game play rules. Yes we are switching to a slow game speed, but please look over things like pressure, gamesmanship, and remember to always be nice to your opponent. Met some very good guys on here simply by saying "thanks for kicking my ass and see you next time GL" after a blow out, only to get message upon message on what I can do to improve. Sure I haven't improved, but it was still cool to get that kind of feedback.
    • Let's take down one of those cocky Serie A or B guys in the Coppa and bring some respect to the lower division. Lots of good players have come out of C, lord knows it ain't me, but still! Win, and win with respect. Let your play do the talking and you will see the support follow.
    • if you have questions... ASK! We are all here to hang and have a good time. Always looking for new ideas! If we wanted to play laggy messsssicans and not give a shit we would do that. But instead we are brothers. If you are like me, you work a ton of hours and border on consciousness playing the games between lack of sleep and self-medicating alcohol in large quantities. So let's be cool to one another and begin Season 7.
    -50-​

• Like Like x 3
  12. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

13. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Hi guys. Looking to hop on the waiting list, but couldn't find the post for it. Could someone be kind enough to send me in the right direction?

14. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

15. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

16. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

i haven't forgotten Isaac Oyer advancing out of the group of death in last season's Coppa, but playing with Frankfurt could be a challenge. So I had to go w/ Go Devils, nearly got promotd last season and has a great team in Galatasaray

17. Go Devils

some ratings changed with my boys during the first big update. Plus they shuffled the lineup making me take longer to set it. Neither of these things I like :)

18. Isaac Oyer

Isaac Oyer Walk On

This is gonna be a fun season!

19. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

20. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Thank you sir! Very excited to be here (y)

21. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lot of week 1 games to go still, i'd prefer not starting off with a bunch of postponed games, three days!

22. Go Devils

I struggled with this my first 2 seasons guys and learned that the key to life is to login on Wednesdays and just put out your availability early. That way if things don't work you have Mon and Tues as fall back dates. I know this doesn't work for everyone, but if I can shoe horn a couple hours a week into my 50-60hr work + 25hr podcast schedule it should be easier for you 9-5ers and students.

Communication with your opponents is key. Try not to log on Sunday night and give scheduling ultimatums. Trust me... it just don't work :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. RedAL925

Boil16 is stepping down, please welcome MiaFLSurf to the TFS! All of boil's previous games will be wiped from the books. He has yet to select a team.

24. Go Devils

Thank you for the important info boss. Welcome to Serie C MiaFLSurf. If you are from North Dakota or Idaho I will be disappointed with a name like that :)

25. Captain Clutch

Captain Clutch Walk On

So will my unplayed game against him just be unplayed? Or should I play MiaFLSurf to make up for it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.