(F13) TFSerie Press Pass

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by UcanHateMeNow, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay guys this is going to be a weekly column that will pretty much consists of a Q & A between myself and another owner in TFS. Alot of guys are new around here so we may not know that much about each other. The column is intended as a way to get to know each other a little more than say we may have initially put down in our TSO applications.

Participation is strictly voluntary so I won't get offended if you decide to not participate.

• Like Like x 2
  2. In our introductory volume of Coaches Corner who better to start off with then el jefe himself. So without further adieu

How long have you been online gaming and in general?
    I have been gaming since I was about 12, online for about 6 years now.

So what do you do on your regular grind?
    I work quite a bit, currently I am looking for a place to live, so that takes up a lot of my time these days.

Single or have you already signed your life away by saying I do?
    I am a free man.

Who has been the hardest opponent that you have faced so far in TFS?
    A lot of people have my number (IJGator, Zikry) but you have to go with shiftee right?

What pushed you to pick your current team?
    I needed a team that (a) used a 4-3-3 and (b) had a strong midfield with good passers. TSG Hoffenheim fit both those categories.

Any changes you personally would rather see implemented here in TFS?
    We are always looking for ways to improve the TFS experience.

What has been your biggest win in TFS?
    I don't know that I've had a signature win thus far, but finishing 3rd last season was a personal best.

Coppa champion or Serie A champion, which would you rather win?
    Serie A championship by far, which is no slight against the Coppa.

What’s your favorite song so far from this year’s FIFA soundtrack?
    Circles - Digitalism.

Why isn’t futbol more popular here in the United States?
    There are many reasons...I think the biggest one is that people aren't willing to give it a chance because they either (a) know nothing about the game and/or (b) think its boring. That will change over time, especially if MLS keeps growing the way it has.

So personally what are your teams that you follow religiously?
    Number 1 are my beloved UConn Huskies. After that, I support the Red Sox, Arsenal and New England Revolution. I am not a huge NFL fan, but I follow the Patriots. I don't follow NBA (ever) or NHL (anymore).

Will we ever get a playoff system for NCAA football?
    Yes. What kind of playoff and how many teams is yet to be determined, but eventually there will be at least a plus-one game.

Will the Cubs ever win a World Series?
    Of course they will...they have Theo Epstein now.

Andrew Luck or RG3?
    Andrew Luck. I am a sucker for players with high intelligence.

What’s the last book you read?
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. For the longest time I thought it was some chick-book...I was wrong.

Have you been caught up in the Hunger Games phenomenon?
    No interest in the Hunger Games.

Any artist living or alive, what concert do you want to see?
    I would have loved to see The Beatles in their prime.

Kate Upton graced this year’s SI swimsuit cover, overrated or underrated?
    Wasn't Alex Morgan in there...?

Whitney Houston, tragedy or inevitable?
    Inevitable.

What’s your favorite movie?
    Dumb and Dumber...classic.

What is currently in rotation in your car/mp3 player?
    The new Shins album is on repeat.

In your opinion who is the biggest artist out at this time and why?
    Coldplay...one of the few mainstream artists I listen to.

Gas prices, what do we do as a country going forward?
    Have to get away from our dependence on oil, which means using renewable/clean energy sources is a must for the future.

North Korea, should we take a stronger approach?
    Not big on politics...let's just do whatever doesn't end up in nuclear warfare.

You can have anyone read your eulogy at your funeral, who do you pick?
    One of those movie trailer guys. "In a time...When he no longer walked this Earth..."

• Like Like x 5
  3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

How long have you been online gaming and in general?
    Been gaming online since starcraft in the old school pc days, zerg rush ftw lol. Gaming in general, got a nes when i was 3 and been a gamer ever since. FIFA wise, being a british family, my brother was huge in it the early days of FIFA but i never really got hooked until they upped the online portion of it back in fifa 10

Shift Manager at a bagel joint round town, its a Paneradise. Real real close on getting my first home, within two weeks if everything goes well.

There are ladies but there are no kids or rings

hahah, Shiftee. Since this cat has showed up, he is most of my online sports leagues and dominates me in all of them. Yet to beat him in madden and once in Fifa. Your times coming shiftee!

I myself am 6'7" and your serie league leader in scorer is also 6'7" Sorta has been my personal fav player for a couple years. Roonie up there cause ive met him and he plays for my team.

Ill get with AL on this one when i find the NCAA league again, but rhyno had a system out where match report was mandatory after each game, but the loser was to PM a little note to one of the admins rating 1-10 game play, and listing anything that each opponent griped about for that game. It would go on a list and then he would average to scores and post a general list of complaints against each owner. If everyone acts like adults its a great way to improve gameplay imo.

Elimating shiftee in Cuppa last season

Coppa champion or Serie A champion, which would you rather win?
    Serie A, to win something that i barely survive relegation each season would be very emotion, i may cry.

Dunno the name but i know the tune... the big big bang, the reason were are here blah blah blah

Why isn’t futbol more popular here in the United States?
    Networks cant make money as easily as NFL or NBA or MLB. EVERY major sport in USA is commercial friendly. There are no media TOs in soccer and without commericals, networks wont make the money, which means american kids will idolize other sports figures more readily.

UT Volunteers, Mens and Women's bball GO PAT!!!! and Football. Tennessee Titans, NE Pats, Man U

Will we ever get a playoff system for NCAA football?
    Yes, Where ever there is a little extra money to made then it is just a matter of time.

Will the Cubs ever win a World Series?
    Eh, not a baseball fan.

Andrew Luck or RG3?
    Luck looks good but if RG3 can work on the accuracy he will be a good one.

What’s the last book you read?
    Home and gardens home repair encyclopedia. About to get a house, gotta read up on some stuff haha.

Have you been caught up in the Hunger Games phenomenon?
    what?

Biggie or Tupac concert. Original NWA is up there too.

Kate Upton graced this year’s SI swimsuit cover, overrated or underrated?
    I dont look at their names....

Whitney Houston, tragedy or inevitable?
    inevitable, so much coke that she didnt have any skin or cartilage separating her nostrils.

Shawshank Redempstion

Sports radio.

In your opinion who is the biggest artist out at this time and why?
    Not a mainstream guy. Sorry. EVERYTHING played on the radio today is garbage.

Gas prices, what do we do as a country going forward?
    Motorcycles. 75mpg sounds nice.

North Korea, should we take a stronger approach?
    Yes, Communist nations should under no circumstance have the capabilities to make nukes.

Hard question man. Will Ferrel... "Your my boy ox!"

• Like Like x 1
  4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

lol, should read before i do stuff. Thought it was like another league im in where everyone answers the same questions haha.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Well, got volume 2 done already! Good job ucan!

6. Well we are at Coaches Corner volume 3 thanks to bigox1337 blowing his wad prematurely ;)
    How long have you been online gaming and in general?Online gaming since 2002ish... In general, since Intellivision.

I am the Quality Department manager for a Tier 1 automotive supplier. I've moved around a bit in my career, based on the location of the customer's assembly plant. I currently am in Middle TN, supplying Nissan.

Signed my life away 4.5 years ago to the only girlfriend I ever had... We've been together since our sophomore year in high school.

As you know, the University of Michigan is my main thing, but I'm pretty serious about all Detroit sports.

Either Friz or RSchwep. I only played RSchwep early in my FIFA life, but he waxed me and I've come a long way from my rodent wheel dial up internet over in the Eastern Bloc.

I used to play with Celtic back in the day when I had FIFA cause I loved the uni's. The seemed competitive with the team selection limitations, so I thought what the heck.

No changes persay, but it would be cool if we had a year end, grand daddy of them all single match elimination tourney, March Madness style for the King of the Pitch or whatever you crazy futbol'ers call it.

I'd have to say this season so far, beating you, or BESHIKTAS. He was another one that beat the snot out of me early in my TFS career.

I'm currently reliving my early love of Kings of Leon. But really, Dave Matthews Band is the real mainstay in my rotation. In the summer, I get more into country and jam band stuff...

What’s the last book you read? Last newer book?
    Bo's Lasting Lessons (as in Bo Schembechler), but while in Europe I re-read On the Road by Jack Kerouac and Moneyball.

The Big Bang

Bigger fail, North Korea’s launch or Lamar Odom going to Dallas?
    Lamar Odom... Lol...

Why is Apple so popular?
    The inovation, ease to use, and the fact that Hollywood uses or used to use the shit out of their products.

I've seen a ton, so that's tough. Everyone from Rage Against the Machine to Wu-Tang Clan to Eminem and The Black Keys. Honestly, you all will think I'm nuts, but I've seen just about everyone I could imagine at this point in my life, so if I could, I'd go back in time and see someone like the Doors, Johnny Cash, or Nirvana at some tiny ass venue like the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville or something like that.

Best futbol player not named Messi or Ronaldo?
    I'm a real novice just getting into the whole game... How bout just my favorite???? That'd be Donovan.

Does Axel Rose have a legit gripe or is he just being a douche?
    He's a douche.

What genre of music would we be surprised to learn you like?
    I literally like all music. Country, classic rock, alt rock, punk, rap, R&B...

Tiger Woods, will he ever be the old dominate Tiger?
    Probably not... He's getting older just like all the other superstars most of us monitored all our lives. Manning is old, Kobe is old, ARod is nearly 40. It's just getting close to that time...

Tough call... Either Gang's of New York, There Will Be Blood, or High Fidelity... Had to pick one though? High Fidelity.

Yankees vs Red Sox, has it lost its luster a bit?
    Only cause the Red Sox have been a mess from a continuity standpoint lately. But really, I'm always glued to see how things go down between the two. It's one of the great rivalry in sports, but just like all rivalries, they have their ups/downs as far as global/countrywide interest go..

You can’t help but laugh at the whole Bobby Petrino situation right?
    He's a punk for what he did back in Louisville and with the Falcons. I'm not surprised in the least bit, and would laugh right to his face.

The Saints, penalty too harsh or not harsh enough?
    Ehhhh... Probably just right.

Wall Street had a horrible week this week, any ideas on how to help the economy??
    Wow... Deep one... To keep it simple, both sides of the aisle are going to need to get together and get over petty bullshit to make a difference... More specifically though, would be nice if it involved promoting the developing of goods here.

Ernie Harwell comes up from the grave and hammers it home..

• Like Like x 3
  7. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I'll be introducing a weekly extra content bit this season called "The Interview." As you can probably guess, it will be an interview with a TFS member where they answer a few questions mostly about TFS and sometimes about just other stuff in general. I'll be sending out some questions to someone each week, and we'll kick off Week 1 with a TFS sophomore...

[​IMG]

After your first season in Serie C, you narrowly edged out all the "human" competition by placing 3rd. How would you describe your first season in TFS?
    My first season in TFS was what I expected it would be. Everyone pretty much adhered to all the rules in place, and that made it really enjoyable.

Now that you're up in Serie B, what are your expectations for the new season? Do you expect to finish in front of the other newly promoted sides once again?
    I am glad that I was able to gain promotion into "B". I expect the competition to be tougher because there are some quality guys in "B". As long I can finish in the middle of the pack, I'll be happy with that.

Last season could easily be considered a successful one for you with Athletic Bilbao. With good players and a star in Fernando Llorente, why the switch to Stoke City?
    I made the switch to Stoke City because I like to use a variety of teams. Bilbao was a very nice team with Llorente up front, but I don't think they really fit my style of play.

With no previous seasonal experience with your new club, do you feel ready and prepared to challenge opponents out of the gate this season?
    I have been playing friendlies and have been pretty successful with them, so I expect to put up a challenge with them all season long.

Some pundits are already calling your Coppa qualification group "shiftee's slaughterhouse." What are your thoughts on that?
    Shiftee is in "A" and the defending champion, so why wouldn't think he would "slaughter" everyone in the group. But we will have to see how he plays without all the speed he had with his previous team.

Lastly, let's hear a bold prediction from you regarding something about this upcoming season, whether it be about a club, a player, or something else in the TFS landscape.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say ATOC will go undefeated in "B".

I lied, one more question: Who you got in your Final Four this year?
    Mich. St., Ohio St, Kansas, and Miami

Thanks COLDPredator for agreeing to do the first interview, and looks like your Final 4 is still intact! GL in your first season in Serie B.

• Like Like x 11
  8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Nice! Like the new content!

9. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

COLDPredator thanks for placing yet another Bullseye on my back my friend :banghead:

10. COLDPredator

COLDPredator Walk On

11. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Who's the next interview on Broncos218, this is interesting content.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

IF we get to vote for who's next how about Serie A's surprise leader (so far) MiaFLSurf

13. COLDPredator

COLDPredator Walk On

I hired dooz as my hitman for this season

• Like Like x 1
  14. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Each week I'll send out interview questions right around the weekend with plans to post it on Monday. The 2nd interview's already set up, and Zikry is thinking along the right trail...

15. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Next up for The Interview, we have Serie A rookie MiaFLSurf, who has thus far lead Aston Villa to a strong start.

[​IMG]

Back-to-back promotions in Seasons 7 & 8 and now you're riding high in Serie A. What has been the biggest difference league-to-league?
    The tactics and speed of each league. Serie A is so much crisper in build ups and possession. This is no way a knock on C, but as that group has more people playing TFS for the first time, its a more fast paced back and forth game. As you move to B that slows down some with some decent possession mixed in. When you get to A, you cant rely on player stats to win games. You have to anticipate the way you opponent moves or passes before they do it or you will be a step behind very quickly. Defenses are more tight, and chances are much fewer and far between so capitalizing on them when you have them is key.

4 games into the season, you have 8 points and no losses. Championship!, right?
    I wouldn't go that far. You can chalk most of it up to beginners luck and perhaps catching the traditional Serie A members by surprise. FIFA is a lot more about match ups than other sports video games. I'm sure some Serie C and B members could beat me the first time we play as I would have to get used to a distinct style of game. I remember back in B I could not score a single goal on BigSmooth33 even though I was near the top and he was mid-table. His style would just give my team FITS and I could never break through. I'm pretty confident that when it gets to mid-season I will be figured out and the losses will come with the win.

Looking back at your TFS successes, you also won the Coppa Confederazione last season. How would you rank your greatest TFS moments thus far?
    Winning the "NIT" Cup was great, but I think having back to back promotions is the best thing. It shows more to have consistent success and move up than to catch a hot streak and win a cup, in my opinion.

Zikry used Aston Villa to great success back in FIFA 12 and now we've seen you play well with the English club. What makes this team so dangerous?
    They are talented in the right places. FIFA, to me at least, is very heavy on Strikers, CBs, and GKs. Villa is lucky enough to have 2 elite strikers in bent and Agbonlahor. Putting their speed aside, they both have the ability to score from anywhere in the box and with their feet and head. Their finishing mixed with speed is dangerous, especially on counter attacks. Villa has the luxury of having one of the best 4* team goalies in Given who is stands out in positioning and reflexes. He seems to frustrate alot of my opponents making tons of saves. Lastly, Vlaar and the rest of the back line are all BIG guys who can still keep up with speedy wings. They have strength to make tackles when needed and block a ton of shots. I dont think midfield is as important in the game, as most of the time I use my mid line as a quick tunnel of the ball from back line to front line.

Do you see yourself switching to a new team anytime soon, or is it Aston Villa for life?
    Right now I have no intentions to switch. If it aint broke, why fix it?

Speaking of Zikry earlier, it sure looks like you got the short end of the stick being placed in his group. And to make things worse, dooz and slicknick202, no slouches themselves, also got put into Group G. You started strong with a win, but how do you see the group playing out, first through fourth?
    Zikry still reigns king, especially in Coppa play, so I feel hes got the top spot. The other spot has to be a toss up. The 3 of us are really new to playing eachother, so it will be about who can match up well with who and take advantage.

The Miami Heat's 27-game win streak just recently got snapped. As a Heat fan, how sure were you that they'd break the record of 33?
    I never thought they would. The NBA now is so much more a freak show with so many great athletes. It only takes one guy to catch fire against your team and its over. Plus everyone plays the Heat like its Game 7 of the Finals. The Heat have bigger fish to fry, winning back to back championships.

No one likes the Heat. Not a question, just wanted you to know that in case you're living under a rock. :)
    It comes with the territory. No one likes teams that win unless they are your team. I couldn't stand the Patriots in the NFL, I used to dislike the Bulls in the NBA. If people hate your team, its a form of respect. Its another form of jealousy - they have what you want!

Thanks MiaFLSurf and GL finishing out the season!

• Like Like x 8
  16. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

nice work boys!

17. dooz

dooz Walk On

Great stuff!

People hated the Heat before they won anything. It's how that team was formed that caused the bad taste in people's mouths. FWIW, I'm indifferent to the Heat. I just like good basketball. But, that's why people hate the Heat.

18. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

This week we have Serie B manager and Serie C commissioner Frenchie1916...

[​IMG]

You barely got by in Group F of the Coppa, taking 2nd in the group and beating out WingedHelmet on a tiebreaker. What are your thoughts on how things played out in the group?
    I beat a guy who's allowed only three goals in all competitions and who beat BESHIKTAS in the Coppa, so I'd say my claim on advancement is legitimate. The game against BESHIKTAS was epic, by the way. For those who haven't read about it yet, it was an absolute back and forth corker. The Coppa is a cruel mistress. WingedHelmet was an unfortunate victim to a tiebreaker, but next time, he'll advance out of his group, regardless of who's in it.

This will be just the second time you've advanced to the Coppa Tradizione knockout stage, with the last being in your rookie season in Season 3. Are you going to get past the Round of 16 against Selvy9 and Borussia Monchengladbach?
    I've played Selvy9 once or twice in preseason friendlies. He's got a good squad with a bunch of talented guys. I'll have to *gulp* stick to my gameplan and hope for the best. Play possession football, find the good passes, the open man, create a crease or two and hope to get some good looks at goal. I'm not nearly as creative as guys like RedAL925, BESHIKTAS or A_Touch_Of_Class, so I have to rely on what's presented to me. Hopefully, Selvy9 will make a mistake or two I can capitalize on.

This is now your third season in Serie B, yet you've struggled each season to fight off relegation. What in your gameplay do you feel like could use the most improving?
    There's no doubt I have a problem with finishing. I'd argue I'm one of the strongest defenders in the entire league, regardless of division. But finding space, finding that last alley to fire the ball, that split-second decision to pass or shoot - is frustratingly elusive. I watch more football than I can say - probably 5-10 matches a week, so I know what I should be doing. But unless everything's clicking, I have a hard time sealing the deal. But I'm constantly working on my game. And to be honest, in Serie A or Serie C, I just really enjoy being a part of this league.

A_Touch_Of_Class currently sits atop the Serie B table. Is it his title to lose now?
    Probably. He certainly would tell you it is. But he's beatable. He lost to dooz. He only beat me by 1. He's not putting up the big numbers and big victories he did last season. Most of his matches are much closer. He's got a step on a bunch of other guys, but it's a small step. He can be beaten, but he'll have to stumble for that to happen.

7 seasons, and all with VfB Stuttgart. Is it safe to assume you'll never leave?
    Never assume anything. Every off season I go shopping. But I'm comfortable with Stuttgart. I saw Stuttgart play against Eintracht Frankfurt when I lived in Germany in the late '80s, and they just resonate with me. Now I follow the club, I have their strip, and I know the strengths and weaknesses of each player very well. If I go to a new squad, I fell like I'd have to learn everything all over again. It would be like breaking up with a girl you've broken in to your habits just for something new and flashy. I know Stuttgart and she knows me.

As Serie C commissioner, you get to see each person enter the league and see how they stack up against other competition. What's surprised you most thus far in the lowest-tiered league this season?
    Blissfully, nothing. This season has been smooth - no drama. The guys Go Devils brought in were true to form - solid players who are advancing nicely. Our latest additon, gyroman912, has surprised me a bit by not dropping a game yet. But the thing I'm happiest with is that matches are getting played, guys are playing the right way, small disputes are being settled in the fashion they're supposed to, and we're not being exposed to the shenanigans we saw last year.

Even with some impressive seasons, no Serie C club has ever reached the Coppa Tradizione Final. Do you see that ever changing, or is the unfamiliarity with TFS higher-up veterans just too much to overcome?
    It could change. That's the weird thing about Serie C. We have guys going C-to-A all the time. rschwep did it, and he never looked back. I think CxMacx10 did it, too. We can recruit a guy next season who's a superstar, goes undefeated in Serie C, the Coppa, Serie B, then Serie A. Everyone thinks of Serie C as the "lowest tier" but you have to remember that new guys are just that - new. They may be incredible players who just haven't been in the league. And by our rules, they have to work their way up the ladder. I thought A_Touch_Of_Class had a good shot last year, but 'twasn't meant to be.

Louisville vs. Michigan tonight for the NCAA Championship. Who ya got?
    Jesus, I hate basketball. Really and truly hate. With intensity. The second-best day of the year is the day college basketball ends. The best is the day the EPL begins. I'll not be watching the game tonight, I'll be on my PS3, looking for a FIFA friendly!

Thanks Frenchie1916 for the quick turnaround for this interview and GL the rest of the season!

• Like Like x 6
  19. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

This week we have the lone remaining undefeated side in TFS, with Serie C rookie WingedHelmet for The Interview...

[​IMG]

First season in TFS, and you're already off to a great start in Serie C. What's made your team so dangerous?
    The players fit what we're trying to do on the field; three adequately-paced defenders, two speedy wingers, CMs that can shoot from distance, and a striker pairing in van Wolfswinkel (big, strong) and Labyad (quick, agile) that each bring something different to the table. Ricky van Wolfswinkel has been scoring the goals, but we've been especially proud of Labyad, a center midfielder playing out of position at forward.

With the strong start, how have your expectations changed from the start of the season to now?
    They haven't really. Our goal from the onset of league play was promotion into Serie B. Following a strong first half, the only difference would be more disappointment should we falter over the final eight games.

On Sunday, you faced off against the only other remaining undefeated side in league play when you defeated Getafe and gyroman912. Is that your most memorable TFS game thus far?
    Probably. We'd played a friendly once before with Getafe winning by a goal, so it was nice to get them back when it counted. The recap doesn't do the game justice; there were chances all over the place. Ricky van Wolfswinkel had six shots on goal, three from point blank at the top of the box that were all saved by the GK. That doesn't include two gimme headers that he put wide. gyroman912 does an incredible job of holding possession. I don't think I've been outpossessed like that... ever. I appreciated his willingness to get forward; the majority of his possession occurred in my third of the field, a refreshing change from the defensive-oriented battles that the majority of my league games in Serie C have been. To win after keeping only 41 percent of the ball? We feel fortunate to have taken the three points.

Obviously you haven't played against most of the top-tier clubs in TFS, but if you had to rank yourself right now out of the 32 managers, where would you put yourself?
    Well, we haven't been blown out yet. I'd put us somewhere in the middle third; still getting used to the semi-assisted controls.

In the Coppa, you missed out on advancing based on tiebreaker rules. What are your thoughts there?
    Was tough to go out on the fourth or fifth tiebreaker, obviously. Because our group only had three members in it, each game was more important. I also thought we'd be playing each team twice, rather than just a single time. Following victory over BESHIKTAS ' QPR side I felt confident in advancement, although had I looked at the tie-breaker rules I would have felt less so with only a single goal scored in the competition. Even though we missed out, I'd like to see the tie-breaker rules stay the same to encourage a more offensive game. Trying to break through 11 players behind the ball with semi-assisted controls is tough, and not nearly as much fun as a game with lots of scoring chances.

You certainly showed your worth in defeating Serie A club QPR and BESHIKTAS in Coppa qualifiers. With that in mind, how far do you see yourself going in the Coppa Confederazione?
    I haven't looked at the potential teams, but with the top half of teams gone and our current run of form, I'd be lying if I didn't say we were confident.

You have to be liking Sporting CP thus far. Was there any other teams you were considering before the season?
    I almost took West Brom based almost solely on Lukaku. Early on in the season I was struggling to find the net and wasn't feeling Sporting. We're getting there. I've started following them in real life; I'd like to be able to watch their games in real life to get a better sense of who plays where, and I wish they were having a better season. There are also rumors that van Wolfswinkel and Diego Capel are on the move this summer, so we'll see what the team looks like next year.

Throughout your short time here at TFS, who was the toughest opponent you've played yet (in a TFS match or friendly), and what made playing them so difficult?
    Best defense: slicknick202. Although I played him before he busted his hand, and he's been struggling since. He kept intercepting my passes and generally messing up my game.
    Best offense: gyroman912, Kella, A_Touch_Of_Class. gyroman912 the aforementioned possession master, frustrated me because I'm used to keeping possession. I think I've had better than half the ball in my other 11 competitive games. A_Touch_Of_Class is so good at shooting from distance; those rebound tap ins are so demoralizing. And Kella, because he's a monster in the air. I'm terrified on every set piece and any time his wingers take the ball up the side.
    Overall, I'd go with A_Touch_Of_Class.

Michigan basketball came up just short in losing to Louisville in the championship. How would you rate their season?
    Can't rate it any better than amazing. I have no recollection of the Fab Five, so my best Michigan basketball memories previous to this year were Louis Bullock and Tractor Traylor; two guys who either didn't make the NBA or flamed out. I think Traylor passed away. The main thing with this year's group is just how likable they were, and how much they genuinely enjoyed playing basketball with each other. Selfishly I hoped for Trey Burke to return, but the right move was obviously to go to the league. Sad over the way the season ended, but can't be anything other than so impressed with the guys.

Thanks WingedHelmet for the interview responses and GL finishing out your debut season.

• Like Like x 7
  20. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

WingedHelmet is my little protege', he is learning quickly from me on how to run Series C as I did. Keep up the good work young grasshopper, your training is almost complete. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  21. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Lol

22. slicknick202

slicknick202 Walk On

A_Touch_Of_Class is our Yoda lmaoo...thanks for the love WingedHelmet

• Like Like x 1
  23. gyroman912

gyroman912 Walk On

It was a rough game, have to give WingedHelmet credit, he made his chances while I missed mine.

24. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

If anyone ever needs consulting or advice I'm always here to help out. Theres nothing worse than getting stunk in a slump or not being able to enjoy the game we love to play.

25. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.