(F13) World Cup Tournament

Discussion in 'TFL: Tradition Fútbol League' started by niuhuskie224, Jan 11, 2013.

?

Which group is the group of death?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2013.
  1. Group A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Group B

21.4%
  3. Group C

7.1%
  4. Group D

35.7%
  5. Group E

7.1%
  6. Group F

7.1%
  7. Group G

14.3%
  8. Group H

7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Guys

We are looking to do a World Cup between Season 2 and Season 3. This will be run over the next 3-4 weeks.

The schedule for the coming weeks will be as follows.

January 11-January 25 - Complete Season 2. Draft for the World Cup Tournament. Select Pods.
    January 25 - February 8 - World Cup Round Robin Group Play
    February 8 - February 20 - World Cup Knock Out Play
    February 20 - Begin Season 3

Below are the rules for the World Cup, what Season 3 will look like, and what I need from you ASAP.

World Cup

We will run the World Cup as close to the rules of the real World Cup as possible.

• 4 Teams per Pod
    • 32 Teams (This may be difficult but I am hoping we get some people not currently in the league to join this)
    • 16 Team Knockout Round
    • Tiebreakers identical to those of the World Cup
    • This will be run with Manual Controls.
    • Team selection will be run via a weighted lottery. I will assign a
    Season 3

We will be keeping the rules as close to the same as possible for season 3. There will be some slight changes.

• We will be keeping stats in Google Docs. These Stats will be entered in by the winning teams. As you enter the stats for your game recap you will do this at the same time.
    • League Republic will still be used to keep track of wins, losses and goal differential.
    • Fixtures will be released on Wednesday evenings going forward. This allows more time on Wednesday and Thursday to schedule fixtures for the weekends.
    • We will continue with manual controls. We will also keep the promotion/relegation rules in place going forward.
    • All games must be played during the week. Injuries do not work if we leave fixtures open. All games not played will be closed out as a draws unless cause for a win can be given.
    Here is what I need from everyone....
    • Are you in for the World Cup?
    • Are you in for Season 3?
    • Would you have interest in a Semi-League? If yes, how would that effect your participation in the TFL?
    I look forward to seeing everyone on the pitch.

Scott

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sure why not- only the world cup for now though.

4. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I am in for a World Cup tourney.

5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I may be down for the World Cup tournament.

6. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

in for world cup and in for season 3

7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

In for the World Cup , maybe for anything extra

8. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I'm down to participate in the world cup.

10. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I like the turn out so far. A couple things were missed. 1) if anyone wanted a team that wasn't on the game (i.e. Ghana, Croatia), I would be willing to make it into a tourney to where you can't edit your players and then make those teams via creation central. I could also let you pick your international players if you wanted to. I know a lot of teams have some players that shouldn't really be on their team over others based on most recent call ups which can be effected with injury....So, if you wanted to make your own international selections, I would be willing to let you.

Secondly, I think huskie left out some things about the team selection, hopefully he will be able to fix that soon. My idea (and I think we are using it but may be corrected) was to take the top half of the Premier league and make them 1 seeds, bottom half of the premier league would be 2 seeds, top half of league 1 would be 3 seeds and bottom half would be 4 seeds. All people not in the leagues would have to be discussed about where they would belong seed wise based on past matchups if anyone has played them....then, 4 seed gets their name in the draft draw 4 times, 3 seeds gets it in 3 times, 2 seeds 2 times and 1 seed 1 time. That way the players who struggle a bit more have the best chance of getting the best teams to make it more competitive but at the same time, everyone else still has a shot so we aren't just handing all the teams to people automatically. I may be corrected but I believe that's what the general idea is.

If any of you would want to select your own team, let me know so I can get a general count for how much work I will have to do. Obviously you don't know which National Team you'll have yet but I already know that regardless, I'd want to select my players.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

In for the Cup, season 3, semi-league, whatever.

12. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Im out for the WC and Season 3.

13. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I knew this day would come. Having a baby will do that.

14. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Yes we are doing this. I was going to post it once we have a final count and would start the draft.

15. hedache

hedache Walk On

Im out for the WC and Season 3.

16. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i'm in for the World Cup and season 3.

17. XAttackConquerX

XAttackConquerX Walk On

• Are you in for the World Cup? Yes
    • Are you in for Season 3? Yes
    • Would you have interest in a Semi-League? If yes, how would that effect your participation in the TFL? Doesn't matter to me.

18. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i would also be interested in a semi league, but it's not a deal breaker for me to stay involved in TFL.

19. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

That and I have to PASS a national board certification in 2 months. I should be back around if you guys are still around in April.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Had feeling this was coming as well

21. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

I'm definitely in for all comps. Not sure what 'semi-league' is though. Anyone care to explain?

As for the draw results for matches that haven't been played; i'm not to fond of that idea.

What happens if the match up is against a stronge opponent? I for one would still play regardless, but anyone in this position could just dilly-dally and take the draw in fear of a imminent defeat.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Ricky Boots

Ricky Boots Walk On

Im in for WC and Season 3

23. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

He means semi controls instead of manual.

24. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

Oh! Then i retract my original statement.

In for WC and Season 3, but not the semi-league.

What's the difference between semi and assisted anyway? So long as the passing is set to assisted, it makes little difference. Or am i not up to speed on how semi-controls are set up?

Assisted on attack, but manual on defense or soemthing silly like that.

25. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

No, assisted means you just have to aim a pass in the general area and it will find the guy with perfect pace about every time and all through passes are perfect and you can aim toward the corner flag on a shot and it will go in the top right corner every time.

Semi means you have to aim pretty close to your guy and put the right power on it....Your through passes are more prone to error by you and your aim has to be pretty close to the corner and it will correct you a little if needed.

manual means the ball goes exactly where you aim with the exact power you put on it. If you don't aim where you want it, its not going where you want it. If you don't put enough power on it, it's not getting to where you want it. If you aim at the corner flag and shoot, the ball is hitting the corner flag. Basically, everyone on seasons mode plays full assist and thinks they're bad asses because they can aim and press A really fast and then loft it over the D to some fast striker. If they played on manual, they would get demolished and their attitudes would be checked immediately. Drives me nuts if you can't tell.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.