(F13) Xbox World Cup Tournament

Discussion in 'TCL: Tradition Cup Events' started by Michael Woodward, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Alright guys. We are ready to launch:

Team - TSO handle - Xbox Live Gamertag

Group A

Chile - Blaza - Blaza rep
    Russia - ryalaman - firetirepanda1
    Spain - abolishthefed - abolishthefed
    Denmark - KielCastle - OrangeCrush3NY

Group B

South Africa - Timpegoose - Timpegoose
    France - DaMeffodMan - ??
    Brazil - Danthraxxx - Danthraxxx
    Mexico - MartyWebb - Nickel Pleez

Group C

USA - niuhuskie224 - niuhuskie224
    Korea Republic - hammerhead1010 - hammerhead1010
    Poland - Colemanchu - Colemanchu
    Ghana - fuzzyl0gic - ??

Group D

Ivory Coast - Jon MK - SlinkestMeat8
    Argentina - shootah66 - shootah66
    Scotland - GovernedSpy - governedspy
    Italy - justca11mejuice - justca11mejuice

Group E

Sweden - Connor - Vannyman10
    Turkey - hedache - hedache
    Portugal - Ricky Boots - Ricky Boots
    England - Randiesel75 - randiesel75

Group F

Belgium - Michael Woodward - Alfa Romeo 164
    Cameroon - The Richuation - The Richuation
    Uruguay - eheskey11 - eheskey11
    Germany - Kasper - TKasper

Group G

Zambia - Leander Francisco - blaxican8504
    Switzerland - KoG CHEESEDIP - KoG Cheesedip
    Netherlands - XAttackConquerX - RVC14
    Japan - ConiglioSG - ConiglioSG

Group H

Croatia - AJ Hart MN - AJ Hart MN
    Senegal - JFace907 - JFace907
    Colombia - MoonBBad - MoonBBad
    Ireland - Gravity - Gravityyyy

If you have a question mark next to your name, it means I don't know your gamer tag for sure so please update this below so I can edit this list.

Schedule your games in this thread. Make sure you use this so we know you are making efforts to schedule your games.

You each play each team in your group one time. The top two teams in each group at the end of three games move on. You will have two weeks to play these three games. So, if you know you are going to be busy one week, try to play all 3 in the other week. Otherwise, play 2 in one week and one in the other if you like. Just make sure you all are done with your three games at the end of two weeks so that you're not holding up the knockout stages because we will be unable to move unless everyone has finished. This is very very important.

Remember: You must go to invite friend with custom rosters, then make sure you and your opponent are selecting your teams from the creation centre (It should say Creation center/TSO World Cup/your team). We play 10 minute halves on slow speed and manual game play.

IMPORTANT: 2 yellows for one of your players in group stage games equals a one match suspension for that player.

This is meant to be a fun tournament. I hope everyone plays it as such and there are not any blowouts or arguments or people being poor winners and losers. If you take an early several goal lead, try to help your opponent our because it's obvious they are new and trying to learn the game. Make an attempt to say good game and mention about the game. DO NOT say something like "Good game, I beat your ass."

With that being said, good luck to all and I hope this ends up being a very fun tournament.

One more thing.

groupofdeathD.jpg
    As voted by you.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Group A, Blaza is out of town until Sunday just so you know.

• Like Like x 1
  3. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Michael

Awesome work getting this done. Really looking forward to the break from League Play.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

My GT is Gravityyyy (4 y's)

• Like Like x 1
  6. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

Ricky Boots GT is just Ricky Boots, same as his TSO user name.

• Like Like x 1
  7. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  8. hedache

hedache Walk On

Connor
    Ricky Boots
    Randiesel75

I might be around today between 6-7PM est. Depends on work. Randy, I'm sure I can catch you late night sometime. Ricky, add me on xbl (hedache). Connor, your connection sucks, so I hope you drop out of the cup and we all get automatic wins against you :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Post your results in this thread. Please add a little bit of a write up. The real World Cup is watched by the world. Since we can't watch your matches, at least give us a summary of how the goals were scored. If you don't mind giving close chances as well, feel free. We want to feel like we watched the game.

When you post a result. Please provide Goals scored with the name of the play who scored them and the minute they were scored in. Add assists (which you will find in the player ratings section when you scroll down to assist), yellow cards, red cards, and man of the match (you will find this in player rating with the player with the highest rating with an icon next to them.

Use these icons for each. Goal=:goal: Assist=:assist: Yellow Card=:yellowcard: Red Card=:redcard: And man of the match=:trophy:

Example:

2 Zimbabwe v Andorra 2

Zimbabwe

:goal: Musona 44' :assist:Gutu
    :goal: Nkhatha 88' :assist:Gutu

:yellowcard:Chaka 16'
    :redcard: Mukamba 89'

Andorra

:goal: Riera 89'
    :goal: Riera 90' :assist:Pujol

:trophy:Riera 9.4

This was a fantastic game. Zimbabwe controlled the first half and Knowledge Musona scored on a nice header from a cross sent in by Gutu. The second half was a bit closer but Zimbabwe took a 2-0 lead with Kingston Nkhatha after Gutu threaded him a beautiful through pass for a 1v1 which he finished. However, Mukamba made an awful tackle in the box and earned a red card in the 89th and gave a penality kick to Andorra which Gabi Riera took. Riera put it in the top right corner to make it 2-1. GAME ON! Zimbabwe kicked off but Andorra quickly got the ball and midfield maestro Marc Pujol threaded in Riera for a great 90th minute chance. Riera lobbed the keeper to make it 2-2 and a superb Andorra comeback. The final in Group J, Zimbabwe 2, Andorra 2.

Remember, after the game, it will ask for a rematch. Hit no so that you can record the information in the following screen. WINNER or (since this is the World Cup and thus no home and away team) TEAM WHICH COMES FIRST ALPHABETICALLY posts the result. So, if Zambia plays Sweden and they draw, Sweden posts the result because S is before Z.

Let's have some fun.

10. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Danthraxxx

Before or after TMFL an option? Apparently the fucktards at Time Warner thought when I said to come after 5:30 PM I meant for them to come at 8:30 AM. So ill be available for both around 8:00.

12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

MoonBBad
    Gravity
    AJ Hart MN

Probably not free until Saturday unless you guys could run anytime between 4 and 7pm eastern tonight and tomorrow.

13. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I couldn't I work M-F and I am not free till 8:00pm central during the week earliest.

14. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I wont be free tomorrow because of work.

15. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Figured as much. I'll be free all day Saturday.

16. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

I'm online already and can play our game.

17. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Let's do this!

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Geeez , I would lose my shit on them if that were me lol

I am availible about anytime tonight after 6pm so I could in theory do both , also off work at noon Friday and off all day Saturday so we could play the World Cup match anytime FWIW

19. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Congrats, that works well for me as I probably won't be back in the saddle until Sunday at the earliest with work this week (goes for the rest of group C)

20. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

The Richuation
    Kasper

Gentlemen, I can make myself available during the evening. Let me know if this works for you and state a time. I'll make it happen.

Get in now, i'm giving away goals for free. :mad:

21. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

ahh how does a shitty player like myself end up in the group o death. this cant be good

22. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

0 Uruguay v Belgium 2

Uruguay

:trophy:Muslera 9.7

Belgium

:goal: Eden Hazard 33'
    :goal: Romelu Lukaku 78':assist: Eden Hazard

0 Goals 2​
    8 Shots 16​
    3 Shots on Target 9​
    53% Possession 47%​
    16 Tackles 16​
    0 Fouls 3​
    3 Corners 0​
    This really was a pretty good and even game. Belgium created much more danger but Uruguay had some great opportunities early that really could have flipped this game on it's head and had Belgium's manager worried. It started early in the 4th minute with Luis Suarez danced his way to a one on one but fired early and unfortunately for him, directly at Thibault Courtois. Just five minutes, action on the other end occurred when Dries Mertens was fed through the middle and found enough space to fire left footed toward the near post but Muslera was able to parry toward the byline. Fellaini got to it first and crossed toward Romelu Lukuku but Lukaku couldn't direct the header into the net. In the 22nd minute, Uruguay was awarded a corner after some nice build up play. Gaston Ramirez fired it in but Courtois was able to punch it just before it reached Victorino. Belgium took the lead with a bit of luck in the 33rd minute. Dries Mertens was fed down the right flank and saw Romelu Lukaku running near post. Mertens fed him the through ball and Lukaku one timed it toward the far post. The ball was well placed and forced a great finger tip save out of Muslera, whose vision was blocked by his defender. Unfortunately, the ball deflected toward Eden Hazard who was even with the far post on the 6 yard box line and had a gaping open goal to put the ball into. A player of his ability will not miss from there. 1-0 after a very cheeky goal celebration. Just 5 minutes later, Uruguay nearly equalized as Arevalo Rios threaded a beautiful through pass to Alvaro Pereira who fired near post but Courtois saved out for a corner which was dealt with by Belgium's large defenders. 2 minutes later, Dries Mertens got down the line and crossed to the 6 where Eden Hazard won the header but unfortunately for him, headed it straight at Muslera who parried it away to safety. 1-0 at the break.​
    In the 2nd half, there was little action until the 62nd when Eden Hazard got down the left flank and crossed to the far post where an unmarked Dries Mertens had a tap in from about 8 yards. However, the PSV winger placed the one touched volley toward the near post where Muslera had just repositioned to and he parried it to a defender who subsequently cleared. 4 minutes later, Mertens got the ball at the top of the box and worked around a defender to fire a rocket toward the far post. The ball looked destined to hit the far post and go in but out of nowhere comes Muslera's hand to deflect it away. Finally, in the 78th minute, Belgium put the game away when a shot was deflected out to Hazard who used great agility to get around a defender and get to the byline for a cross. It looked like it might have been too close to the keeper but Muslera didn't come for it and Lukaku slide in for the scissor volley from 4 yards out just above the outstretched keepers body. 2-0 Belgium the final from Group F.​
    Good game eheskey11
    The goal which sealed it.​

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  23. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Just added this above because I forgot to mention it

IMPORTANT: 2 yellows for one of your players in group stage games equals a one match suspension for that player.

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Which one of you want to stomp me right now?

25. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I'll play you. What's your gamer tag?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.