(F14) Season 1 - Discussion

Discussion in 'TFL: Tradition Fútbol League' started by electrickeeper, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

OK guys, FIFA 14 is less than 2 months away, and I'd like to hit the ground running once it drops.

I'm going to be running a custom roster/transfer league starting with FIFA 14 on the 360. It will be re-locating on the Xbox 1, but not immediately. I'd like to get at least 3 seasons in on the 360 version before switching. I have a vision for this league for future seasons/titles as well, but I'll share that as we move along.

We're going to start with a player draft (randomized serpentine), so everyone starts with the squad that they want from the get-go. The rest of the rules/regulations are here, so that you can have a look at what you're getting yourself into!

We will need at least 8 owners to make this worth everyone's time, so that's the minimum I'm shooting for. The cap for the first season will be 10 owners.

If you want in, just post saying so below and I'll add you to the list! Also, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
    1. electrickeeper - Orlando Pirates
    2. | DedStaar |
    3. Saltyfishbreath
    4. F l Wence2 l S
    5. Drew Fitzherbert
    6. hedache
    7. DoMEoSHoTz
    8. abolishthefed
    Waiting List:
    • eheskey11 (Season II)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Season I Important Dates
    • FIFA 14 Early Access (Season Ticket) - Friday, September 20
    • FIFA 14 Release - Tuesday, September 24
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Guys I'm tagging, if I missed someone that you think might be interested, please tag them. Thanks!

ConiglioSG
    eheskey11
    justca11mejuice
    abolishthefed
    Danthraxxx
    Nvschultz1325
    MoonBBad
    Ricky Boots
    shootah66
    Kasper
    Grallis
    GovernedSpy
    KoG CHEESEDIP
    niuhuskie224
    JFace907
    PIG BOMB
    KnightNoles

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. | DedStaar |

| DedStaar | Walk On

I would like to join.

• Like Like x 1
  3. electrickeeper

Added!

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I have no clue what my FIFA plans for next cycle are. But this definitely looks awesome. Good stuff man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Saltyfishbreath

Saltyfishbreath Walk On

YOU KNOW IT COUNT ME IN

• Like Like x 1
  6. electrickeeper

Would love to have you if you decide to go the 360/X1 route! Heck, even if it's just 360, we're going to run at least 3 seasons (take us past the holiday season when the potential next-gen issues are ironed out).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  7. electrickeeper

Added!

8. F l Wence2 l S

F l Wence2 l S Walk On

I am in, ya tu sabe men.

• Like Like x 1
  9. electrickeeper

Added!

10. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Can't 100% commit right now, but maybe.

11. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Don't think your tags worked on this EC, I didn't see it.

Couldn't read the rules as the link was blocked at work, but assuming its similar to our transfer league setup, I'm in.

12. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

@electrickeeper

Read the rules, I like it but my inclination is that this won't be as 'sim' (again back into a gray area) as we expect.. Everyone will want the biggest, fastest team possible, no?

I really would like to say I'm in but we've tried this before, with some restrictions (hedache did one with limits to how many 80+ rated players, 70+ rated, etc) and it seemed to work but it is a hell of a lot of work too. So will be updating these rosters? How are we going to keep these players up on their form (a la kick off in menus), in other words progression for the younger guys and a super sub turned starter?

13. electrickeeper

It's fairly similar. I used a few things from it and some things from previous leagues I've run, trying to mesh them together in a cohesive way.

14. electrickeeper

Yeah, I've run a couple CR leagues that had a salary cap (same idea to limit studs on teams), and it's jut way too much work for the staff to keep up on everything. I'm open to guys building whatever team they want, especially since the prize money isn't extremely lucrative.

If guys feel the need to play with a team that has Messi, Ronaldo, and Falcao, more power to them. I'd like to think that the guys who sign up for this type of league know and respect the game (and their fellow owners) enough to build a somewhat realistic squad, but I also realize some people place a pretty high value (win at all costs) on winning a video game league (those people won't last in any league I may run). I may tweak the appearance rules as well so guys will have to play everyone at least a little, instead of guys at or above a certain rating. Also, it's not as big of a deal, but manual controls help out with equalizing player skill to a certain extent, as well.

As far as progression, that's not happening until FIFA implements an online manager mode. I would love to do it (and implement form throughout the season) but it's just not feasible to go through every guy's 25-man roster and see how well they played and then go into the creation center and create a new player based on how they progressed. The only updates will be what FIFA rolls out.

I'm still working on a few of the rules, but I'm fairly pleased with everything thus far.

15. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Tentatively, I'm in then. It seems very likely I will play.

• Like Like x 1
  16. electrickeeper

FWIW, I'd love to have you. I know we always have very tight games and you're an owner I can count on.

17. electrickeeper

Another little feature I'm trying to integrate is jersey sponsors. Since teams will be almost entirely customized, I thought it might be a cool idea to let guys sign jersey sponsors throughout the different seasons. I'll update the rules doc I posted once I've figured out the best way to implement this.

18. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

this sounds brill. Definitely in.

electrickeeper

As for the tagging bit, I believe the '@' prefix is what's causing the issue.

Once you type the '@' followed by the members name, it will show up in orange without the @ symbol. That's how you know you've got it right. If you add anything directly to that members name after the orange tag version is displayed, it will eradicate it's tag capabilities. Which will mean that all of those people you've tagged in the O.P will not receive the notification because in theory, they all would be prefixed with '@@' rather than '@'.

I could be wrong though, but i'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  19. electrickeeper

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, just figuring out the monetary aspect now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Dick yuengling would never sponsor a football squad. His commercials in pa are straight up bush league. My parents live in Pottsville and are friends, allegedly he is a cheap fuck lol

21. electrickeeper

I just happened to be having a Yuengling and threw it on there for an example. I didn't say it had to be realistic! :p

22. eheskey11

eheskey11 Walk On

electrickeeper

I'm actually going to go back on my option to play in the league. At least for the 1st season. As much as i would love to play, We have a little one due this month, so I'll need to be 'all hands on deck' for the first little while. ;)

That said, i will be watching closely and joining in on the debate.

23. hedache

hedache Walk On

I was never tagged, I don't know if that was cos I'm not invited to the party or what? :)

Anyways, is this going to be all manual controls or anything is allowed? If it was mentioned on original post or in the external link, I must have missed it, sorry.

As long as it's all manual, this sounds great, especially since I have to put no effort in it. I couldn't pull this off in the past with the group I had. Hopefully you get better success with this bunch @electrickeeper . Count me in if it's ok for you.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Drew Fitzherbert

Drew Fitzherbert Walk On

I am totally in!

• Like Like x 1
  25. electrickeeper

Yes it will be manual controls. I did forget to mention that.

Added!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.