(F14) Season 1 - Match Results

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League South' started by electrickeeper, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

Please post your week 1 recaps in this thread. Use the form to submit the results and stats.

RECAPS ARE MANDATORY!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

CSKA 2 - AJAX 1
    7 Shots 5
    5 On Target 4
    42% Possession 58%
    15 Tackles 15
    0 Fouls 1
    0 Cards 0
    CSKA:
    :goal: (77' PK) Honda
    :goal: (90') M. Gonzalez :assist: A. Berezutskiy
    :trophy: A. Berezutskiy
    AJAX:
    :goal: (14') Bojan

What a game. Ajax was able to get on the board early due to some sloppy possesion in the back third from CSKA and a turnover lead to a good shot that Bojan buried without flinching after the Russian squad turned it over. CSKA was able to settle down after that but was not able to hold much of the ball. AJAX looked to control the game and the possession.

Things sped up in the second half and CSKA pushed Honda forward in the box. After a missed shot a scramle in the box lead to a foul and Honda stepped up to the spot and buried the PK in the corner just past the diving keeper. Play got sloppy for both sides as is looked like neither wanted to take a draw into the locker room in this opening contest and CSKA pushed forward in the 90th minute.

MOTM Berezutskiy brought it down the left wing and crossed it into the box where he had two players making a run. If found the head of M. Gonzalez on the far post for a diving header in the 90th to give CSKA the win on the evening

VGG steven.foster look forward to playing again. Should have probably been a draw at best for my side.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  3. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

CSKA 2 - Sunderland 1
    5 Shots 14
    5 On Target 8
    42% Possession 58%
    16 Tackles 21
    0 Fouls 4
    0 :yellowcard: 1
    0 :redcard: 0
    CSKA:
    :goal: (7') S. Doumbia :assist: none
    :goal: (27') K. Honda :assist: S. Doumbia
    :trophy: I. Akinfeev

Sunderland:
    :goal: (45') S. Fletcher :assist: E. Giaccherini
    :yellowcard: (85') E. Giaccherini

A game where CSKA Moscow was able to get off to an early start saw them holding on for dear life for the win at the end. Doumbia was able to out-muscle him man and get loose early on a breakaway through ball that he chipped beautifully over the charging keeper from outside the box

CSKA added onto their lead early as Doumbia crossed it into the box and found Honda on the end of it (even without numbers) and he was able to finish it.

Sunderland cut the lead in half in the 45th and had a couple more chances before the half was out afterwards as there must have been 10 minutes stoppage time ;) . The English squad turned up the heat in the second half and pelted MOTM keeper Akinfeev who earned his paycheck today pushing several shots just wide as he stretched out completely. In the end though CSKA was able to hold off and secure their second victory of the season. GG whygodwhy1111

4. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

Aston Villa (4) - (0) Ajax

Aston

shots: 16
    on: 13
    possession: 47%
    Goals:
    C. Benteke (4')
    C. Benteke (15')
    C. Benteke (90')
    L. Kozak (90')-->Benteke
    Man O' Match: Benteke (9.8)

Ajax

shots: 6
    on: 4
    possession: 53%

After getting absolutely throttled 5-0 by Southampton Aston was down and in need of a win badly. This match was closer than the score indicated. The X factor was three corner kicks by Aston each of which were put in the back of the net by Benteke. After Aston jumped out to a 2-0 lead Ajax generated a lot of real nice opportunities but just couldn't capitalize. From the 15th minute to the 90th it was a lot of Aston back on their heels trying to protect the lead. But again in the 90th minute Benteke got his head on the third and last corner and put it past the keeper. The last goal by Kozak was a bit of a fluke. Kozak found himself on a breakaway but could not beat the keeper but the rebound bounced right back to him and Kozak put it in. Overall it was a good game. GG steven.foster , I look forward to playing you again.

5. electrickeeper

Please post your week 2 recaps in this thread. Use the form to submit the results and stats.

RECAPS ARE MANDATORY!

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

this page is a bit empty

7. electrickeeper

If you have a match that wasn't played during its regular week, it will remain in here until it's played. Use this thread to schedule the matches, you can post the result in any open results thread.

Week 1
    Udinese v Swansea

Week 2
    Southampton v Sunderland
    Southampton v Udinese

Week 3
    Mineiro v CSKA
    Aston Villa v Mineiro
    CSKA v Southampton

Week 4Southampton v Swansea
    Lille v Sunderland
    Ajax v Mineiro
    CSKA v Udinese
    Sunderland v Udinese
    Swansea v CSKA

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  8. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

XAttackConquerX

Im available all week after 6 PM EST. Just let me know what works best for you.

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Lille 1 - CSKA 2
    21 Shots 12
    11 On Target 9
    54% Possession 46%
    14 Tackles 13
    1 Fouls 2
    0 Cards 0
    80% Pass Acc 77%
    Lille:
    :goal: (57') M. Basa :assist: R. Mendes

CSKA:
    :goal: (13') K. Honda :assist: Dzagoev
    :goal: (90') S. Ignashevich :assist: Dzagoev
    :trophy: A. Dzagoev

Wow what a game. This one should have ended in a draw if not a win for Lille but some 90'th minute FIFA shenanigans let CSKA sneak out with a win. CSKA was able to strike early and Honda made a great run through traffic and MOTM Dzagoev layed him a perfect ball through traffic he was able to one touch and rocket past the keepr from about 18 out. Some sloppy play in the 32nd minute resulted in a penalty in the box but CSKA keeper Akinfeev stoned Lille's Kalou as he guessed correctly and kept the score 1-0.

After missing a header on a corner just barely knocking it off the post, Basa was able to knock one in shortly after for Lille to equalize. The teams traded punches but Lille worked CKSA much harder as Akinfeev stood tall and made several spectacular saves. Lille's collar tightened as CSKA drew a corner in the 90th minute. Dzagoev punched it into the area as Ignashevich towered over his marker and headed it towards the keeper with force. Unfortunately for Lille the keeper parried it right back at Ignashevich who launched above two defenders and was able to wind up and head this one home just wide of the keeper. CSKA was lucky to get out of this one with a win.

Very good game ZCar352 look forward to the rematch.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lou

Lou Walk On

Let me know also...I'm gonna be available evenings mostly, but would be free today and tomorrow most of day, if scheduled to play.

11. electrickeeper

Lou ZCar352
    You'll have a new opponent shortly, my apologies for the lack of communication from your former opponents.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ZCar352

No worries, as soon as we have a replacement we will get these knocked out.

13. Lou

Lou Walk On

yup..looking forward to playing!

14. electrickeeper

Guys, welcome cliftonjosh7 to the league. He will be joining the Championship with Swansea.

Good luck!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ZCar352

Welcome cliftonjosh7

What is your availability tonight? I am good from 5PM EST until about 7PM EST tonight but tomorrow im good anytime after 5PM EST.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

17. electrickeeper

All games are available for him.

18. electrickeeper

Please post your week 3 recaps in this thread. Use the form to submit the results and stats.

RECAPS ARE MANDATORY!

19. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

electrickeeper all week 2 matches have been played except ones listed above?

20. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

electrickeeper Lou hammerhead1010 hey ive been out of town this week, plus my gold card ran out so I need to get a new one asap. I work graveyard tonight and tomorrow. I could probably get a game or maybe 2 in today around 6pm est. let me know what u guys think. if not sunday night around 11pm est and after im available.

21. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I might be around at 6 but won't know until closer to that time. If not we can get it in next week.

22. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

mcyork I can probably do tonight at 830 PT

23. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

830-845 would be perfect I am down

24. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

So are the Mackems up for an ass kicking tonight as well as Sunday morning #daaaaarrrrbbbyyyweek

25. steven.foster

steven.foster Walk On

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.