(F14) TFS World Cup

Discussion in 'TSL World Cup' started by RedAL925, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

TSO WORLD CUP
    Introducing the TSO World Cup! This tournament will run through the entire game cycle, from friendlies to qualification to the TSO World Cup at the end of the cycle (August).

I'll try to anticipate questions here:

- This will NOT require additional time to complete matches in a given week. There will be designated "international windows" dispersed throughout the TFS schedule specifically for these matches. So in reality, you will have weeks where only 1 game is required of you. Hopefully this will have the added side effect of getting closer to 100% match completion in TFS games, since you will be able to use these international windows to catch up on league games.

- We will have a weighted draft lottery system, taking into account match results, completion percentage, and completed seasons. There is NO team rating cap. You CAN edit rosters to add/drop whatever players you want to your team, provided they play for that national team. While we prefer you use a team already in the game (hopefully more will be added), Creation Centre IS in play.

- "Heritage Team Claims" are available for every nation EXCEPT the United States. There will be an application for these claims. You must have a strong, legitimate tie to whatever nation you're trying to claim. For example, myself putting a claim on Belgium because I like Eden Hazard isn't going to be approved. Zikry putting a claim on Egypt because he lives there will likely be accepted.

- All TFS gameplay rules/regulations remain in play.

- The TFS will still complete 4 seasons in the cycle.

- You CANNOT choose to only participate in the World Cup.

- We will be pushing special content for WC events, and we will encourage and expect you to do the same.

The rough draft of the "Rules & Regulations" follow below:

FRIENDLIES
    Friendlies will be self-scheduled by managers, and are optional to complete. You are allowed to play 3 friendlies in a given International Window, against 3 different teams. Official Friendlies can only be played during these windows.

QUALIFICATION
    In our 32-team structure, we have defined 3 regions of competition: European (16 teams), North/South America (8 teams), and Africa/Asia (8 teams). Each region will compete in a round-robin group stage, playing a total of 6 qualification matches. Qualifiers must be completed by [2 weeks before the end of Season 4].

European Qualification: 16 teams - 4 groups of 4 - top 2 advance to World Cup

Americas Qualification: 8 teams - 2 groups of 4 - top 2 advance to World Cup

Africa/Asia Qualification: 8 teams - 2 groups of 4 - top 2 advance to World Cup

WORLD CUP
    The TSO World Cup will be a standalone tournament played at the conclusion of the last TFS season. 4 groups of 4 teams will play a group stage consisting of 3 matches. The top 2 teams in each group advance to the knockout round.

SCHEDULE
    International Windows have been slated throughout the TFS League schedule. This means the tournament will require NO extra matches per week.

TEAM SELECTION
    Each manager will draft one international team to use for the entire game cycle.

Creation Centre teams may be utilized, but must be approved by management [process TBD]. Team rosters may be manipulated with any eligible national team player in the game for all Friendlies and throughout Qualification. You must carry 3 GK on your roster at all times. Finalized rosters must be submitted for World Cup.

“Heritage Team” applications will be accepted for managers who have a strong and legitimate tie to a certain national team. This will not apply to the United States, since most of our members are American.

• Like Like x 11
  2. RedAL925

Please let us know what you think. Any questions, concerns, comments are welcome. We're probably 85% finalized with this plan. Still looking into forum space and locking down the weights for the team draft (thanks Broncos218 )

3. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

I'm on board; should be fun.

What's the process for submitting a heritage claim?

4. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I know this is way in advance but just a heads up about the friendlies that are played. I'd like to see results of those posted as that would help in trying to create a world ranking which I plan on doing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RedAL925

There will be an application to fill out that will be submitted to management for approval.

6. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Zikry is in Egypt? I thought he was in Canada. Say hello to Bob for me.

World Cup sounds good, can't wait to dominate with Tahiti!

7. RedAL925

Yes, while friendlies are self-scheduled, results must be posted

8. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. RedAL925

I cannot stress enough that this will NOT take any extra time commitment. That was the biggest concern when the idea came about months and months ago, and we feel we have completely alleviated that concern with the schedule alterations we've made. 4 TFS seasons + a World Cup without any extra scheduling stress, it's a win-win-win

10. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

I really like the idea.

11. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Being Turkish is finally going to pay off, or is it? :)

I also have a friend whose father's ex wife's neighbor was Brazilian, so Brazil is in my list too :)

12. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

How are dropouts going to be handled? Its inevitable real life, laziness, or other reasons will cause some (or more than some) to drop out over the course of 4 seasons. For example, my wife is pregnant with the baby due in January. While I would love to imagine a world where I can continue my video games a few times a week.... lol

13. RedAL925

good claim

bad claim

14. RedAL925

Right now we don't really have a solid plan. At some point, teams and results will be locked, so if a manager drops out, they will be replaced in TFS but not in WC. Before that arbitrary point, we will likely replace the manager in both TFS and WC.

Also of note, qualification won't start until the 2nd TFS season (Season 12)

15. BESHIKTAS

Congratulations buddy.

16. CxMacx10

CxMacx10 Walk On

Absolutely awesome idea.

17. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Will I need to fill out an app. Have no issues with filling it out.. Love the ideas of adding the world cup to the TFSerie schedule.. Definitely will be an exciting addition to the league!

18. BESHIKTAS

That's for if you want a specific national team I believe. You have to have a good reason for it though to be able to get them.

19. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

TFS is forcing you to leave your wife and your future child for this!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

TFS is forcing you to leave your wife and your future child for this!!

21. RedAL925

Correct. You need to fill out an application ONLY if you would like to request a specific heritage team. If you have no preference, you just go right into the draft

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I won't have time to commi to playing in this RedAL925 but I am interested in helping with content or any way I can help things run smoothly- keeping a stats and standings page or helping with the team draft; whatever it would be.

Love the idea.

23. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

This sounds awesome, hope to take part in it this year

24. YNWA96

YNWA96 Walk On

I wonder how many other Italians there are to compete with for Italy...

25. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

Come on... You know how you Guineas breed!!! There are a ton of you round here, right Go Devils???

Let the Italian bashing begin!!!!!! :pompous:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.