(F15) Coaches Corner

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by HokieNYC, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HokieNYC

HokieNYC Walk On

[​IMG]

This Space is for Free Discourse on How We Play
    Different Managers and their Style of Play
    Advice on Tactics and Skill Moves

The Hope is that we Can use this Thread as a way to understand how to play our League the Proper way and how we can share our ideas and impression of how others approach our Leagues Philosophy

"Keep It Civil This is not a Gripe Section"
    "Its a HELP Section"

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

Big fan of this thread!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. HokieNYC

HokieNYC Walk On

[​IMG]
    SERIE A
    Shaktar Donetsk
    Lost 1-0

Just played CxMacx10
    *Couldn't get past his Midline Defense- from what I could figure out he holds down his back line - they never chase the ball- he uses his MIDs to harass and tackle ball away. Strong Attacking MIDS- especially short but quick Bernard which was the catalyst for his one goal- have to focus on the MIDS I believe all three are in their 80s or high 79- dribblers- with decent skill moves. He usually attacks down the middle- getting your Defense to chase then he will either dink pass for an open shot.
    *Accurate Lob passer and will change field position - to get a better attacking angle
    *Dangerous on PK and FK outside box unto 30+ yards- saw him crack one against Newcastle- if you get him near the box, he will probably score.
    *Defensively if you have a fast ST- you can probably turn the corner on his Defenders- Lacazette and N'Jie on my squad were able to beat the Defenders- but failed in their shot attempts.

Overall- Tough opponent -patient, can skill move you out of position and plays disciplined Defense.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Go Devils

Proud of you HokieNYC for doing this. Love folks reading this but not contributing. Add your two cents everyone. That's how we grow as a community.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jugster

Jugster Walk On

If I had something to contribute however I don't. I can tell you how I play but couldn't tell you a scouting report of anybody else.
    One thing I would say is that I spent a little bit of time going through online tutorials on things like shooting, skill moves, passes and set pieces. This has really helped me learn how to score and move players around the field to put me in position to score.

6. Edgar Calderon

Edgar Calderon Walk On

Serie C

West Ham
    Lost 0-2

Allowed and early goal (8') and was forced to chase the game. Ended losing game 0-2. This is what I did different our first game.

Beat him our first league game and was scoreless at half time but found him dominating possession and frustrating me. He loves keeping possession and uses his speed up front especially the wings (crosses) to create opportunities for the aerial treat that is Andy Carroll.

What I did differently in the second half of our first game which I won 1-0 is I kept possession and didn't rush things, played defensive and didn't try to counter at every opportunity, passed the ball around and made him chase the ball. Found him forcing a lot of passes that he normally won't try once he did got a hold of the ball. At half he was up 60-40 possession and by the end of the game it ended 50-50. You won't get many opportunities to score, just have to make the most of the ones you get.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm flattered.

Edgar is usually a very patient player but my early goal helped me. You have to stay disciplined and absolutely must make the tackle when you go for it.

8. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Here's the book on redwings8831

He plays fast and on the counter. He will shoot from long range so you better close him down if he has a lot of space around 40 yards. He's aggressive on defense. If you're patient in your final third, he'll charge at you and you can dance around him with ease.

Now go beat him so I don't get relegated

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Go Devils

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.