(F15) Member Feedback

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

As we (mercifully) finish up FIFA 15, we now take this time to reflect on the cycle. What did we do well? What could we have done better? Please use this space to express your opinions on anything and everything related to TFSerie.

As you are aware, we have been holding internal discussions for the better part of the last month. From these discussions we have decided on a few changes for the next cycle (not set in stone), which include:
    • The removal of the 2v3 pro/rel playoff match. Instead, the top 2 teams will be promoted, and 3rd will continue to play 10th in the now-only playoff match.
    • World Cup qualifying will happen between seasons instead of during them. The way we have the schedule laid out, every season will have a 3-week offseason, with one of those weeks being a qualifying window. 2 games per week will be played for the 6-game qualifying schedule.
    • The Open Cup will no longer be played. The Reserve League accomplishes exactly what the Open Cup was supposed to, and probably does it better.

And yes, gameplay has been part of our internal discussions. Specifically, we are deciding on a procedure for dubious goal reviews and looking to create instructional videos on some of our rules & regulations. Much of this cannot be confirmed until we get a feel of how the new game plays, but please let us know what you think about our rules as they relate to gameplay anyway.

In addition to these changes, we are also considering changing the name of the league from TFSerie to something more...American (you may have noticed the forum here was recently changed from "Futbol" to "Soccer"). The leader in the clubhouse is “Tradition Soccer League”, but we will listen to any ideas you have and put the final choices up for vote, including keeping TFSerie.

Please do not hold back when your post your response; honest feedback will only help the league grow. If you think I suck, tell me. I’ll ban you, but you will at least have gone out helping the league get to a better place.

And a few minor housekeeping details: Since I've been relegated (for now), Zik and I will swap commissioner duties. More importantly, the official commitment thread will be posted shortly after the conclusion of the TFS World Cup, so be on the lookout for that.

If you need a template for your response (which is not required), here you go:

GAMEPLAY - What are your thoughts on gameplay rules? What should be changed? What should be improved upon? What should remain in place?

GOAL REVIEWS - How should they be handled?

WORLD CUP - How did you like the WC tournament? What could we have done better?

NAME CHANGE - Should we change the name? Do you have an idea for a new name?

MISCELLANEOUS - What other ideas do you have for TFS?

• Like Like x 5
  2. RedAL925

3. hokie79

hokie79 Walk On

Quick thought that hit me just now - on Goal Reviews - we may want to limit the # of times members can submit a goal review - to like 3 a season. This way, whoever reviews them do not end up spending hours a week reviewing every single goal that may come up in a gameweek. This should really be reserved for a goal that members feel like was against rules or gamesmanship.

I do like the WC - and like the idea of playing it outside seasons too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Feverpitch57

Feverpitch57 Walk On

I agree with Hokie on Goal Reviews. Should be used for rules or gamesmanship..

One thing I have noticed is the use of the the triangle pass or lob pass. As you stated , until 16
    comes out . We won't know what new features are in place to defend these. Both are used for speed
    players.. In the WCOL we outlawed the triangle pass. But basically it was a gentlemen's agreement
    and hard to enforce.

The WC is fantastic and a great idea.. I really like the format and the way it is handled

Manager of the Week- I mentioned on chat that maybe winning shouldn't be the only caveat
    for this. Maybe scheduling, game reporting, etc. should be included. Possibly a rating system
    after the game to rate your opponent.

Podcast- I was really impressed by the WC draw. This sets the league above others. Hopefully
    more podcast can be on . I know how much work goes into it.

Well that's it. I have nothing but praise to the commissioners and everyone who makes this league
    possible. I have really enjoyed the play and new friendships I have made. I am approaching the Big
    six- O and hopefully I will be playing this game into my 70's

• Like Like x 5
  5. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

GAMEPLAY - Lets go all manual! :)

GOAL REVIEWS - right after the game, or even maybe during the game through GroupMe, if people are watching it.

WORLD CUP - It was set up fine. Just don't place 2 of the strongest managers in my group again :)

NAME CHANGE - Name is fine. No need for change. It will ruin the logos, social media accounts set up for TFS.

The only positive thing might be when Americans search for a league they might be typing FIFA Soccer league on search engine. That might attract more people, but does that happen though?

• Like Like x 1
  6. RedAL925

Adding a manual passing requirement to our settings was discussed. We need to see how online games are set up before we can make those decisions

• Like Like x 1
  7. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

This past season has been a huge success. enjoyed every bit of it. The World Cup has been awesome. I like the team selection process to qualifying. World Cup added lots of depth to our league.

The only change I would recommend, and it's a big one, is the TFS pressure rule. All season, I've seen more questions over goals and possession than any other season. Unfortunately, it has caused arguments and discussion mid match over valid goals. It's left me several times questioning whether or my goal was legal or not. Soccer or futbol is played on the entire pitch. I think it's time TFS plays that way too.

Here's what I am recommending: Eliminate the mid-line pressure rule. Pressure can be applied over the entire pitch. This will eliminate all discussion over valid goals and tackles in another players half. It will be up to the player to now clear the ball either out of bounds or out of the scoring area.

The only limitation I would put on it, is no double teams holding(not even sure what button) in your opponents half. It's easier to have the use adjust defense or offense for that matter than leave too much room for interpretation on TFS rules and tactics.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lou

Lou Walk On

GAMEPLAY - I think the pressure has been a big issue recently. We need to either establish a stronger sense of the rule (including better enforcement), or we should look to allow more pressure over the entire pitch. (FIFA 16 gameplay will determine this, I'm sure) I wouldn't want to see too much pressure increase if it leads to long ball passes that the striker steals from the defender because the game forces him to animate for ball control and it's easily turned over, leaving the defense hopeless.

I'd also like to touch on FKs and Throw-ins. for FKs, I think that no pressure on the short pass when it's before the midfield line is good, but when you are in the attacking side of the field, not allowing to pressure and intercept leaves defense more vulnerable.
    Throw ins: I think that if the attacking team is in the opponent's defensive third, all bets are off and you should be allowed to steal/intercept the inbound. If it's from that third to mid field, I think only backwards throws should be unchallenged and if its anywhere behind the mid field line, it could only be stolen if they are throwing it upfield in an attempt to create an attack.

GOAL REVIEWS - Goal reviews should continue to be handled by the admins. I think that the offended player needs to send the footage of the incident to the admins for review. I would like to see more discipline served if the goal is very bad. If it is a bang-bang play, then a reversal of the goal, but in any situation where there is concern, I think we need to review intent of the goal scorer. Also, I think that if the goal has directly changed the outcome of the game, the game should be replayed, or the game should be overturned giving the offended party the win and a red card for the goal scoring team.

WORLD CUP - Everything was done very well for WC. I would like to see this part of our league continue, but during our season lulls, not in mid season.

NAME CHANGE - I'm indifferent to this topic

MISCELLANEOUS - I'd like to see everyone a little more active in the forums, especially when we've put out voting and ask for member feedback. GOTW voting and submissions have been pretty bad lately and it's difficult to want to continue to create the things that make the league so much better for content when it seems like no one cares. But that's just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Calhockey10

Calhockey10 Walk On

I really don't have to much to add besides what I said in groupme where we add nickelback songs to all the GOTW videos. But on a serious note I really liked during the world cup when all four teams in the group were playing at a set time simultaneously. I was thinking maybe trying it where each serie has their day like Serie C Friday at 10 pm and have as many people in C schedule their game for that time, so it is like an gameday in soccer. It would be perfectly fine if that time obviously doesn't work and you play a different time but would be cool to see who could then do a writeup on the games that are confirmed for that day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Andanas

Andanas Walk On

Gameplay: I would like to see the pressure rules more defined. I believe the written rule is no pressure until they cross midfield line. I think the agreed rule was no pressure until they in the middle third. Either one is fine, but which is it? Im not for the idea of pressure everyhere. This is primarily a personal preference, as I struggled against some people to get the ball past midfield, so pressure everywhere would not be something I'd like. Also, what about when the attacking team takes a shot, or a cross, its intercepted and the D has it for just a moment, loses it and a goal is scored. Do we have a set rule about how long the defense needs to old it before its considered under their control? All I can think of right now for gameplay.

GOAL REVIEWS: I think goal reviews should be handled by the commissioners, or maybe those they trust. Who know what to look for, and be impartial. As far as limit, I'd say no more than once per schedule week.

NAME: Im happy with the name now. But its cool with me whatever name is chosen.

WORLD CUP: I like how the world cup was run. The podcast was good, for the amount that I listened to (was getting late for me). I like the idea of WC games between seasons.

MISC: All in all, for the short time I've been here (since S15 I think). I've enjoyed my time here. I rarely win, and I may be C Forever ( or D Forever if we expand), but its been fun. Plus it got me introduced to Clubs, which I really enjoy.

I think that's all I have. Sorry for any typos, was typing this on the bus, on my phone.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

GAMEPLAY - I would love for the league to more accurately reflect the real game as IJGator suggests and for real-life pressure to be applied everywhere, but the lack of fatigue in this game doesn't allow that. Even gegenpressing teams like Borussia Dortmund or Barcelona don't press every ball, every time, everywhere on the pitch. They would be exhausted by the 60th minute and would get crushed by decent sides if they did, even with their level of talent. They pick and choose where to press high up the pitch. But the fatigue - or lack thereof - in this game has been a bug for as long as I can remember. You can press anywhere, any time. You can sprint all over the field. Yes, you have to do it in shorter spurts as the match progresses, but you're never truly penalized for running around like a headless chicken, as you would be in real life. Because of that, there are members would would press you all over the pitch, regardless of the situation or score, and that, IMO, doesn't make the game any more fun for anybody. Besides the fact that there are too many settings that can be customized not (increasing attacking, team pressing, etc) that can push your AI players up the pitch making playing it out of the back that much harder. I can see some managers getting discouraged if they're getting constantly pressed and can't even get the ball out of their own third.

That having been said, I do think the pressing/intercepting rule needs review, as some members err on the side of caution and always give it back if they think they've won the ball in the least questionable way and others feel that if you've lost the ball, regardless of the position or circumstances, they're keeping it, recycling it to their defenders and beginning an attack. The disparity is exceedingly frustrating, especially if you're playing one of each of these type of managers in the same short span of time.

Regarding GOAL REVIEWS - I have long been an advocate of bad goals being disallowed. The penalty for a bad goal is not enough if the perpetrator thereof still gets points from their misconduct. I also like Lou's suggestion abut what should happen if that bad goal becomes a deciding factor in a game, i.e. I score a bad goal in the 30th minute against John O'Connor to go up 1-0. Jocko goes to all out attack in the 80th minute and I score a second goal on the counter to make it 2-0. Neither the 2-0 nor a 1-0 scoreline (should the first goal be disallowed) should stand, as he likely wouldn't have been forced into an all out attack to try and draw level had I not gone up on a bad goal in the first place.

So, the question becomes -
    • do both goals get disallowed and the match finish 0-0?
    • Is the entire match replayed (Lou 's suggestion)?
    • Does John get a 1-0 win for my unsportsmanlike conduct?
    It's not the number of reviews we've had - these have been relatively few as managers have adjusted to TFS rules - it's what do we do with the bad goals? We don't want players scoring own goals to even out the score.

• Like Like x 8
  12. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow 3rd Coast born that means we're Texas raised

Game Play: We need to find a balance between our style of play and mirroring the actual game. I agree with other's assertions of the fatigue issue in the game not allowing us to let pressure be placed on the whole pitch so hence we need to find a balance on this. Maybe break up the field in 3rds and simply state pressure isn't allowed in your opponents third of the field.

Goal Reviews: More concrete definition of what is or isn't acceptable in terms of goals which are permitted and not permitted. I had a few goals scored on me that I immediately thought to myself "Oh I wouldn't have accepted that myself" but didn't say anything cause ultimately it is a game. I'm only using this as an example but the goal Kev scored against me in the last World Cup qualifying match was a perfect instance.

Even when it happened Kev immediately on GroupMe said umm I don't know if that is legal and offered to not count the goal. I didn't want to make it seem that I just took the victory based on that concession and we agreed to let it be ruled on. The whole premise of well what time in the match did it occur in or what was the scoreline shouldn't play a role in whether a goal is allowed or not and these factors were brought up in my situation. The guidelines should be applicable throughout the whole game not just in specific scenarios. Ultimately the goal was allowed cause admittedly there is a grey area about these things. I respected the issue and my team did not move on to the World Cup.

World Cup: No complaints whatsoever. Maybe we can do side tournaments like Euro's, African Cup of Nations, Copa America throughout the season as well.

• Like Like x 3
  13. wSeals9

wSeals9 TFS Serie A: Atlético Mineiro

GAMEPLAY

I enjoyed my first cycle here in TFS and like many of the rules already in place. I like the community of players that we have here and feel like I get along with everyone well. The only thing that is already being discussed is the rules/guidelines on pressure and interceptions. If we came up with a better understanding of this, it would eliminate some of the iffy goals. For instance under the current rules, is someone is attempting to play the ball near or onto their attacking side of their half and it gets intercepted, then there shouldn't be any argument that defense was pressuring too much. If a guy is holding the ball too much in their half and not really attempting to attack, pressure should be allowed as well so they can't milk the clock whether the game is tied or the possessing player has a lead. I like what IJGator was talking about with playing the game all over the pitch but not allowing double teams in the defensive half. The downside to that would be seeing how too much pressure can lead to goals that we once considered "cheap" by stealing it from the defenders and attacking immediately.

Another thing gameplay-wise would be encouraging players to use varying styles and not try to score the exact same way every time. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular but just a general statement. It takes the sim-style we try to create away when we see players trying to make the "FIFA" play instead of the "soccer" play to win games.

GOAL REVIEWS

I think we should make a committee of people who will do goal reviews but it would be on the responsibility of the person who wants to dispute it to get the highlight from twitch/youtube/etc. and submit it. We can even just open up a sub-forum for it and have people give their opinions on the goal in question but have the committee make the actual ruling on whether it is a good goal or not.

WORLD CUP

The World Cup was an enjoyable part of the end of the cycle. Maybe in the future, we can nominate a "host" country and tailor some of the content to match that country's culture. I like how our draft order was determined by our results from league play. It created a good balance overall. The qualification process and actual tournament was a success too. I think qualification will be better once we start doing it between seasons but we'll see how that goes once it actually being played out. Also, the World Cup winner should get something added to their name (i.e. how Serie A's winner gets a star :1stars: and Coppa champions get a trophy :trophy:).

I also agree with what UcanHateMeNow said about doing side national team tournaments if we can fit them in but maybe we could play those out in the Reserve League and invite waitlisted guys to participate in some of those since that would be on a smaller scale.

NAME CHANGE

I'm content with the current name and wouldn't change it but I could get behind "Tradition Soccer League" as well.

MISCELLANEOUS

I don't have any other ideas at the moment but I'll definitely share those ideas if/when they come to me.

• Like Like x 3
  14. RedAL925

Quick thoughts:

We understand there are issues with comprehension of the pressure rules. We will fix that, but please continue to voice your opinions.

Re: goal reviews - again, we recognize the need for a new system. Whether that's commissioners, a committee, or crowd sourced, it's going to happen.

Don't limit your feedback to those two topics either - EVERYTHING is on the table...content, social, groupme, controllers, anything you can think of that we might have missed (see, and read, first post)

Keep it coming, this is good stuff...

15. dave okeeffe

dave okeeffe Walk On

I made it to A... keep the same rules!!!! :)

Gameplay - All seriousness, I quite like the rules but like Gator said, there's times when I don't know if I should have given the ball back or if my goal (or opponents goal) should have stood.. Only issue is with the pressure all over the field is teams keeping the ball to waste time. I think keeping the mid-line pressure is good and if anyone breaks it consistently then there should be a points deduction. Could give every game a "referee" and they would have to watch via twitch and be a 3rd eye to "break up" and arguments..

WC - awesome and enjoyed every second of it and the podcast. Playing it between seasons is an even better idea.

We have 32-36 managers? Maybe... Definitely need more commitment on the GOTW voting. If you're in the league, then participate in all of the hard work done by other people.

I did like seeing every world star on show at our WC. Even though I didn't have any of them in my team, I wouldn't be opposed to opening up the league to all teams, not just 4 star and below. Why commit to the game as much as we do without playing with the best teams? Just a thought..

Sportsmanship - It's small but I think everyone should say "Good game" after every game is played. It can be difficult if you lose a close game or get smashed, but show sportsmanship and be a good loser and good winner.

Appreciate everything everyone does in this organization and happy to be involved! Looking forward to S18!

• Like Like x 3
  16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

So as most of you know, I was a long time lurker who finally splurged on a Playstation and joined up in the preseason of the final season. In my short time I was provided with the exact experience I was hoping to get. A league full of footie fanatics who just want to experience the beautiful game more than go out and beat someone into submission. I honestly don’t see too much wrong with the league as the game itself handicaps the management so much with no in-game league model. I can’t speak on the World Cup as it had already started by the time I joined TFS. I am looking forward to being a part of it in the 16 title, though. In regards to the name, Tradition Soccer League would be my favorite just because it’s basic and I’m a basic bitch. Hopefully after a full cycle under my belt, I’ll be able to provide much more feedback!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Think these are some interesting ideas. For WC host, I can only really see it working 1 of 2 ways, since I think we'd want the host to be in the WC:
    • Make the previous WC winner the next host (therefore meaning they're automatically in), but it would be kinda weird to claim that a Czech Republic, Ivory Coast or Egypt is hosting a WC. And it'd also make the qualification trickier with an odd number of teams (15 instead of 16).
    • Pick a host after the WC 16 has been filled. Maybe you could even change stadiums too to make it more realistic (i.e. having England host and using all the EPL stadiums in the game). But then you still miss out on some build-up content (i.e. can't have "The Road to ___").
    A cool idea I think, just not sure what would be the best way to implement it into the WC play. Maybe just say USA hosts it everytime? I'm not really sure.

And for stars/trophies, I think it would make sense to add a :1stars:to the World Cup portion of a sig, kinda like how I have Uruguay separate from Dinamo Moscow, or how seals has Ivory Coast separate from Sampdoria. Nations do add stars for WC victories, just like how clubs add stars for league titles.

• Like Like x 3
  18. RedAL925

Thank you to those of you who have provided feedback thus far. For those of you who have not, what are you waiting for?

The World Cup final is scheduled for Monday night. The Official FIFA 16 commitment thread will be posted that morning. IF YOU ARE TAGGED IN THAT THREAD, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO RESPOND, regardless of your intentions for Season 18.

19. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

This is how I envisioned my feedback going (Scotland snub, I think I was next in line):

[​IMG]
    But alas, here's my review/feedback:

GAMEPLAY
    • I think we're all mature enough (85% of us) to be able to tail with 1 (ONE) forward in the opponents half, and by tail I mean walk/slow jog to them and not 100 MPH trying to get some cheesy goal. If the opponents makes a mistake in their half with no pressure to a slow walk of pressure why shouldn't they be punished? Also I'm talking about pressure away from their box, I'm not going to steal your goal kicks.
    GOAL REVIEWS
    • Less rules? Or do you mean those that score 4+? If the latter, enforce that rule? Too many questions.
    WORLD CUP
    • Hated it. Will hate more if Noles wins. Can we put an asterisk next to his win. No SHIFTEE NO TROPHY.
    • As an outsider I liked it, was interesting to see how events unfolded. Cameroon = sneaky good?
    • Looking forward to the 16 version
    NAME CHANGE
    • I liked futbol. #MinorityMajority
    MISCELLANEOUS
    • Reserve tourneys during breaks, I know the WC will be going on but those should still only be a few matches for 2-3 weeks no?
    • Just more Reserve stuff on my end
    • Podcasts?
    • YOUTUBE STREAMING WOOOOO, maybe that enables TFS to have its one go to place for streaming games
    • I liked Cal's idea, maybe the last week of the Coppa to be simulcasted. Or have a night where each division tries to get as many games to be played at the same time. Maybe the last few weeks or last matchday every game gets played at the same time (If we can get 70% or more it would be a win imo)
    • Champions League/Copa Libertadores type tourneys!!!!?!?!?!?!?
    [​IMG]

Edit: Goal Reviews
    It would be easy to say, don't score stupid goals. However they happen during the game at times, obviously own goals should be a no-no. I wouldn't count it, but call me crazy the CPU ignoring your instructions (attack, press, etc) when they go down 1 (although it's tied) and you have no control about it and that may cause a legit goal to beat you. But that's another issue with AI and what not. My biggest gripe would be with people missing PKs, no matter how bad a PK is. There are some that only score through crosses/headers or other "cheap" goals imo. Why would you miss a PK if the game gave it to you? Good sportsmanship, maybe. But then when you're down 1 you're stealing the ball from the opponents box and what not. Kind of contradictory. And that's my biggest gripe with goals, just make your PKs man, more rules = more reviews. Soon enough will there be a PK review system, will PKs be in goal reviews?​

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  20. RedAL925

i.e. When someone scores an illegal goal, what are we going to do about it. Too many stupid self own goals being scored to level it out

21. Lions67

Lions67 Walk On

sorry for being late to the party here guys.
    my thoughts.
    first off, the name. Leave it as it is. that is our BRAND. it sets us apart. it needs to stay.

PRESSURE: i like Eddies idea about having one forward in the opponents end, not forcing anything, but there in case of a botched pass or whatever. other than that, we keep playing as we always have. it aint broke, so dont try to fix it.
    i have read some concerns that at times some of us are using the no pressure rule to their advantage by keeping possession. Lets face some facts here, some guys are way more skilled than others in this league and playing a possession game is a valid tactic. no one should be punished for playing for a draw or waiting for that counter. what i DONT LIKE is playing a solid defensive game, only to see the other side start using lobs to get past my back line. we all know that the lob is overpowered and to score a goal like that is just poor sportsmanship at its ugliest
    now, this part i just plucked straight off of Lou's post. its bang on and i agree with it 100% ".I'd also like to touch on FKs and Throw-ins. for FKs, I think that no pressure on the short pass when it's before the midfield line is good, but when you are in the attacking side of the field, not allowing to pressure and intercept leaves defense more vulnerable.
    Throw ins: I think that if the attacking team is in the opponent's defensive third, all bets are off and you should be allowed to steal/intercept the inbound. If it's from that third to mid field, I think only backwards throws should be unchallenged and if its anywhere behind the mid field line, it could only be stolen if they are throwing it upfield in an attempt to create an attack."

WC: i see no issues with how it is being carried out right now.

dont really have anything else to add at the moment.

• Like Like x 3
  22. SoFresh_Kev

SoFresh_Kev Walk On

I only have 2 things I'd like to voice my opiniom on. Otherwise everything else can stay the same.

Pressure : I have always felt that I should be allowed to half-heartedly take my long and lanky strikers like Charlie Austin or Andy Carroll, and patrol the defensive third in case of an errant back pass or pass amongst defenders. And in that case, I should be able to hold up possession and allow my team to join the attack instead of instantly giving the ball back or passing it all the way back to my defenders to start the attack again. Teams get punished for lackadaisical passes all the time. Why should Chicharito and Mexico miss out on the World Cup for scoring a goal that they would've scored in real life.

League Name : Keep it at TFS. It makes us different. I know we're majority American here, but I really like TFS.

Other than that, I don't think anything seriously needs fixing. I guess, just like in real life, there is a clear talent discrepancy amongst teams. So maybe we should allow for the top tier teams to be selected for league play. Why let those teams go to waste? And it would make victories over teams like madrid or manchester united that much sweeter, if you had a lesser team like west ham or leicester city. I would feel more accomplished.

Other than that, I am thankful for this league. I've met people that I can consider family for life. This group of guys are phenomenal people and I'm glad to have met you all! Thank you all for being acceptive and open! Looking forward to being a part of this for many years to come, and possibly meeting some of you in person, the way me and scott met robert and his wife in KC for the US game!

• Like Like x 3
  23. hedache

hedache Walk On

I'm late to this as well. Haven't been on the site for a while during the summer.

GAME PLAY
    IJGator and Lou already posted some stuff on game play that I had in mind for a long time. I'm pretty much on similar pages with them as well as I agree with the fatigue factors that Frenchie1916 pointed out. I am a big fan of EPL. I watch as many games as I can every weekend. The pace, the excitement is far beyond other leagues. One of the major factors in that is that EPL teams apply high pressure (high up the pitch) as much as they can afford in terms of fatigue. And there are quite some teams that can start defending high up the pitch majority of the game.

I do hate the grey areas of half line (or third?? written and acknowledged rules totally conflict constantly), and the format it results in. I'm not a fan of the whole turn back and go to your half as soon as you lose the ball situation. It's unrealistic in terms of giving certain type of players an unfair advantage to hit you on the counter, nothing different then giving some type of players advantage if we had full field pressure available. Heads or tails?

I admit that it's hard to police a realistic pressure system, especially with some very competitive mindsets around the league. I think it all comes down to a honor system in some areas of the game, and that system won't exist with honor from every member, which is unrealistic to expect in today's world. Just a thought. If everyone could chill out a bit and have fun and look at this as bragging rights among a group of good friends, rather than a piss fight with some random stranger on the internet to prove that you're better than him. In my opinion, before rule changes, mentality change would be a bigger improvement.

Let's get a little technical on the game play. Someone mentioned full field pressure is fine but double team creates an unfair situation. Based on my observations from the demo (final release may not end up the same, EA may tweak things), team mate help on tactical defending is nothing close to what it has been in the past. It does call the second defender around but never let's him automatically win balls for you. Most of the work has to be done by manually controlled player compared to the past. So applying ridiculous pressure up top doesn't seem like it will be glitchy like it could be in the past. I hope the big boss considers this change in FIFA mechanism considering the pressure changes. I really would like to see a full pitch utilization of the game.

Most people know by now that I'm a full manual fan. I wish there were more people that played the full manual game. Based on that, any of the controls that gets converted to manual gets a vote from me. If passes become manual, props to that. It's a good transition to get people used to more manual.

Player and ball physics seem to limit crazy maneuvering by "any" player in 16. That also is a plus. If you turn over a ball on your defensive half because of full pitch pressure, at least that won't mean that it'll be easy for the offense to quickly convert that to a goal. And as mentioned, if you don't want to risk, clear it. Manual passing for offense will give you a better chance to win it back again more so than if it was on semi.

Defensive half free kicks and goal kicks should be left alone while on offense you should be able to cover a short pass. I also agree with throw ins, pressure on offense, leave it alone for back throws in mid third and completely alone on defensive third.

LEAGUE NAME
    I already voted for TFS. It's a brand at this point. And it is football if anything :)

GOAL REVIEWS
    I think when grey areas are removed, goal reviews will be a lot easier (and less in quantity) to handle.

• Like Like x 2
  24. RedAL925

Here's a question for everyone:

We are planning on creating instructional videos for gameplay rules. Is there anything else you feel would benefit from this treatment?

25. hedache

hedache Walk On

Maybe a video on
    - properly using team sheets to make things easier to manage before games
    - things you have to do to make sure you have the latest download and creating the game invite proper to assure controls are what they're supposed to be on (regardless of what you think you have them set on because they may not be set correctly where some think/assume they are)

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.