(F16) League Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Sep 18, 2015.

1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

ANNOUNCEMENT
    We are making a change to our controller settings, in that manual passing is now mandatory. If you've never tried it before, I promise it's not a whole lot different than semi. This change will go hand-in-hand with our new gameplay rules, but more on that later. For now, here is the complete controller setting list for FIFA

Controller Settings

Auto Switching: [personal preference]
    Auto Switching Move Assist: [personal preference]
    Passing Power Assist: OFF
    Pass Assist: Manual
    Through Pass Assist: Manual
    Shot Assist: Semi or Manual
    Cross Assist: Semi or Manual
    Lob Pass Assist: Manual
    Save Assist: [n/a for league play]
    Analog Sprint: [personal preference]
    Defending: Tactical

You'll notice that Shot Assist and Cross Assist are set to Semi or Manual, giving you the option to play full manual if you so choose (this was the case in F15). Assisted controls are still NOT ALLOWED on any of these settings.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. RedAL925

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

FULL MANUAL FTMFW!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. hedache

hedache Walk On

So there is chance that by FIFA20 we may be full manual...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jugster

Jugster Walk On

Have we been playing the Demo to ensure manual isn't a game changer this year?

6. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

I've been playing manual passing, through balls and lobs, and while the mechanics of passing are different (as is ball control and dribbling), it's definitely not a game changer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

F'n hell. You are just tempting me.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  8. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Are you in or out?

9. hedache

hedache Walk On

In

10. Llad72

Llad72 Walk On

FULL on Manual mmm Interesting, Just curios in a game how do you tell if your opponent is on Manual ?

11. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Trust mostly. No real way to tell unless we send the invite as full manual.

12. Llad72

Llad72 Walk On

I got np going Manual, Have done it before in other Leagues

13. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

You can tell by looking at percentages at the end of the game.

14. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

best way to show you're on the correct settings is that if you are streaming, during halftime, go to your controller settings so that they can be viewed later if necessary. that way all issues are avoided (or to start your stream before the game, and show your settings then). However, it is also mandatory before every game for each person to (1) check their controller settings and (2) check for roster updates.

watching games you can notice some passes at times that may look more assisted or manual, but it can be tough to be 100% sure.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. HokieNYC

HokieNYC Walk On

Some players don't stream - and honestly in this league we should be promoting sportsmanship over big brother.

Manual is great for those who play that style. It'll eventually phase out those who can't either by ability or choice. I'm pretty sure the other league died that route. Guys like me who pass a lot to break defense down will find manual a hard to transition into after seasons on semi.

I have few precious time left to enjoy FIFA- with family, full blown career and life responsibilities - so trying to learn a new way to play a game I've been playing since college is going to be rough.

Honestly last season wasn't as enjoyable to play - it lacked a level of respect / courtesy that was always present before-

Met some good guys in this league and win or lose-never does it cross my mind they're playing dishonestly or against the spirit of TFS. But it's been less and less the rule but the exception and it's kinda disappointing.

I started in Season 2- missed a couple of seasons.. But for the most part saw this league grow. Manual for FIFA 16 is the direction we're heading - I'll try it to the of my ability - but never been a fan of manual- so it's going against my predilections - I don't think this story ends well for me or my gameplay.

Losing Southampton also sucks balls..

• Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  16. RedAL925

Have you ever tried manual passing? I guarantee you won't notice that much of a difference. Unless all of your passes are close-my-eyes-and-hope passes, it's going to feel exactly the same as semi.

And, as is stated above, shooting and crossing are still semi. Those are the two things that take the longest to master on manual.

Will you need a couple games to adjust? Sure. Is the league going to crumble because we changed this? Absolutely not. This will make more sense when we reveal gameplay changes next week, but right now it's getting blown out of proportion.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frenchie1916

I resisted for the longest time, too, Hokie. But then I started working with it and found that manual passing added to, rather than hindered, my options for passing. Instead of simply passing to a teammate, manual gives you the option of passing to a teammate's side - leading to his left or right so he can turn a defender (a la Callum Wilson's first goal yesterday vs. Sunderland). You can lead a teammate to one side or another or pass it short. It's like throwing to a receiver's shoulder so that the defensive back has no chance of getting a hand to it. Yes, it takes some time to get used to, but you'll be surprised at how little time it takes to migrate from semi to manual.

You're going to misplace more passes, even a year or two on, than you do using semi-assisted, but that's more realistic. But several times a match, you'll be able to pull off a pass that you just can't do when the algorithms on the machine are trying to figure out your intentions and correct it for you. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. hedache

hedache Walk On

I agree Frenchie1916 . In my opinion (!!!), it's more like, if people want to master winning in a video game, it's best to master a good combination of assisted, semi and manual controls to utilize most you can expose in FIFA16 to beat your opponent.
    If the purpose is to have FIFA as an alternate at home to enjoy soccer, imitate a good simulation of it from your couch, I think manual controls give you the flexibility and the error margin (created by human). And the less you want to be that way, you can use semi instead of manual for controls you don't feel that comfortable with. TFS is a good example for this with 2 manual and 3 semi controls until 15 and now 3 manual and 2 semi. I see semi as a helping hand for those that want to be a tiny bit more casual than the manual guy, which is fine.
    But at the same time, I personally wouldn't prefer playing manual vs semi on a certain control since it removes the human error factor in more occasions than the human trying to actually override the computer prediction, which creates a disadvantage for the manual guy.

19. RedAL925

With the departure of everyone's favorite little Mourinho, Llad72 will be added to the S18 roster. This also means pitt4life21 is retroactively promoted to TSL B.

We're still short for expansion, so if you know anyone who might be interested in joining the league, get them here as soon as possible. The team draft will start Sept. 29, at which point we will not consider expansion until next season.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Frenchie1916

Just to prepare you all for the season, here's Carlos Tevez breaking Ezequiel Ham's leg. And then calmly taking a sip of water:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. RedAL925

If anyone out there is a YouTube expert (besides Lou), please contact me

22. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

I am sure like the most of you lads on here, I sometimes play around with the mini games that you can do. One of them being the Manual Pass Drill where you have to pass the ball into the mini nets, I'll dribble 3 yds away from the mini net and still miss the bloody thing with manual controls.

No Manual Controls Please.

23. shootah66

shootah66 Walk On

A few years ago I played in a full manual xbox 360 league. It definitely is a challenge that takes getting used to. Don't get me wrong I'll play no matter what the controls turn out to be. That being said I definitely prefer the control settings that were implemented in the reserve league I was just playing in (passing was set on semi i pretty sure). Either way though i definitely excited to play.

24. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

The worst manual controls in that XBox league were shooting and crossing. Those will still be semi in this league. The learning curve shouldn't be quite as steep.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Lions67

Lions67 Walk On

I cannot wait to get my hands on this game. Season 16 with full manual is gonna be a blast!
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna suck, but maybe I won't suck as much as before!!