(F16) TSL Cups: Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL Cup' started by Broncos218, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Discuss all Cups for FIFA 16 seasons here

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  2. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Of note- the yellow/red card rule change applies to the Cup as well (1 game suspension for 2 yellows, 2 game suspension for a red). Additionally, cards will no longer be wiped out following the Quarterfinals.

3. HokieNYC

HokieNYC Walk On

BigBeansMcGee and SoFresh_Kev - Hey Gents- I am only available till THUR evening to complete our Cup Matches- let me know when you can play! I am free 9PACIFIC to whenever.

BigBeansMcGee we also got a League A match to get out of the way- so its a double header for us.

Thanks

Broncos218

4. SoFresh_Kev

SoFresh_Kev Walk On

I am free from now until 5:00 pm central. Then I'll be free around 11pm until about midnight central.

5. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

Yea Double Header works for me mate, I'll try to get on for 830-10 in that wide area.

6. HokieNYC

HokieNYC Walk On

I got on didn't see you

7. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

Shoot for midnight tonight for you mate.

8. HokieNYC

HokieNYC Walk On

Cool- see you then!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  10. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

We have a 3-way tie in Group B for places 1-3 between BigBeansMcGee, PhiGuy179, and vipermansa, as all three have 6 points. Here are the full tiebreak procedures:
    Tiebreakers
    In the result of a tie in points within a group, the following procedure will be used to determine the final ranking:
    *Note: If at any point during tiebreaking procedures a team is eliminated, then restart the tiebreaker with the remaining teams.
    1. Greatest number of points in matches among tied teams
    2. Greatest goal difference in matches among tied teams
    3. Greatest number of goals scored in matches among tied teams
    4. Greatest goal difference in all group matches
    5. Greatest number of goals scored in all group matches
    6a. (If two teams remained tied) One match playoff with extra time and penalties if needed at the home of whoever was away in the corresponding group match
    6b. (If three or more teams remained tied OR if all remaining teams have clinched advancement to the next round) Drawing of lots

So looking at the first 3 tiebreakers, we need to look at games only among the tied teams, not all of the group games. With that in mind, here's a mini-table just from the games amongst each other.
    [​IMG]
    In the first tiebreaker, all 3 teams finished with 3 points in matches among themselves. In the second tiebreaker, we can separate each of the teams by GD from these matches. The table above shows that with this procedure, vipermansa wins the group, BigBeansMcGee takes 2nd, and PhiGuy179 finishes third.

We could also be headed for a 3-way tie in Group I if Lou beats HokieNYC in the final group game. Easiest way to think about this match is that Macri has clinched Gold Cup advancement, and HokieNYC will also advance unless he loses to Lou by 2 or more.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Again, we have a similar 3-way tie for places 1-3, this time in Group I between HokieNYC, Lou, and Macri. The tiebreak rules are in the post above so I won't repeat them here, but essentially we need a mini-table between the 3 tied teams...
    [​IMG]
    In matches among the tied teams, each team earned 3 points. So then moving onto the second tiebreaker, looking at GD in matches among the tied teams, we can separate them with Macri taking 1st, HokieNYC 2nd, and Lou 3rd.

12. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

13. Andanas

Andanas Walk On

14. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

this game will go down as cancelled then, which leaves the group with Andanas in 3rd and rschwep in 4th.

15. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

rschwep will advance via forfeit over County5. schwep, please schedule your match with Frenchie1916 asap as he'll be away soon.

16. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

SuperCup will open on Wednesday. Threads & google doc will be posted then. Luckily we can complete 2/5 matches before an A champion is crowned.

guayo10 BESHIKTAS Scott Metcalf Cimmy24

• Like Like x 1
  17. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Who am I playing? Let it be Scott :)

18. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

cup winners on one side of the bracket, and league winners on the other. so you and guayo will play in one of the semifinals.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

In Group A, IJGator's games will be cancelled. Llad72's spot will be replaced by newcomer acisles. This means the group will act as a 3-team group between rschwep, Macri, and acisles. acisles, please make these two matches a priority as all group stage matches must be complete before the start of the knockout stage on WED 4/13. (If either one of these two go unplayed, both may be subject to cancellation)

And with no replacement for IJGator's spot in the Cup, the Silver Cup will now only consist of 17 teams and include just 1 Preliminary Round match.

20. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

wiping out Scott Metcalf's games would have no effect on the others in Group C, so instead his final match with Cimmy24 will go down as a cancellation. However, Scott Metcalf will also occupy the 4th place in the group, meaning KnightNoles, Cimmy24, and treshijoskjl will take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, respectively.

This also means 16 teams will now participate in the Silver Cup, so there will be no need for a Preliminary Round match.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

LOT of unplayed games in the Round of 16, and the next round opens up Wednesday. Let's get these games played people!

• Like Like x 1
  22. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

CRACK THE WHIP!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

24. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

25. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

In order to keep the Cup moving along, the following forfeits will be made:

BigBeansMcGee will advance over guayo10 in the Round of 16. I know you both have been trying to get this game played and both of you said to advance the other, but if it's unknown if guayo will continue out this season, beans will be advancing in hopes of avoiding another forfeit.

For the match between treshijoskjl and MoonBBad, neither has shown more effort than the other in the scheduling thread. By a random draw, MoonBBad will advance to the next round.

PhiGuy179 still need to hear from you over in the scheduling thread to avoid a forfeit against Zikry.

The deadline for the Quarterfinals is currently set for this Wednesday, so please play your matches as soon as possible to avoid this from happening again.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.