FA Idea # 4,194,658

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

FA Idea # 4,194,658

Part of my brain working while I am at work. Could we put in a clause for trading where a team taking a free agent player agrees to take on more than the minimum salary to make a deal go through? Would only be used in free agent trades than involve players signed above the minimum, and would be limited in scope. Here's my vision.

Say I'm eyeballing a cornerback signed in last year's free agency hoopla. His name is Joe McSchmuck, and he was a 70 overall (value of 6 on the board). He doesn't progress over the offseason, but was signed for 20 points of cap. The team that signs him wants to trade him but doesn't want to eat 14 points of cap space. Could I agree, as part of the deal, to eat some of that cap for him?

2. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I dont know about this brother

3. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I think people should be forced to deal with the mistake of paying so much for a player in which it didn't help them win a the OMFL Bowl

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah, I guess you may be right. Ah, well...ideas can't all be winners. :)

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

i am not against it as these guys are. what do others think. it would be tough to deal with, but its an idea that sounds interesting. more thoughts? jeremy, web?