FA Market: Who won?

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by ty5oke, Mar 2, 2013.

1. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

hotstovefire.png
    Another weak FA class in the Dugout, here is a list of the best pick-ups in the offseason:​

SP Alex White - Cincinnati - 3 Years/12M (3rd:TO)
    Reds grab a bargain on one of the best SP in the market. White was known to be seeking 15M+ at the beginning of the offseason but ended up settling for 4M per year. White has averaged 4 WAR over the past 5 years and can be counted on to solidify the back end of a rotation.

Prediction: 14-8 3.5 ERA 4.5 WAR

1B Allan Dykstra - Miami - 3 Years/33M (3rd:TO)
    Dykstra spent many years waiting being Ike Davis in New York. Even with a career 126 OPS+, Dykstra didn't get full playing time til he ended up in Pittsburgh last year. Dykstra shows a + eye and should provide some protection for Yelich and Stanton.

Prediction: .260/.360/.450 25 HR 3.5 WAR

SP Austin Hyatt - Pittsburgh - 3 Years/26M (3rd:TO)
    Hyatt looks to be getting better with age. He's put up back-to-back solid seasons, including a 4.9 WAR season a year ago. A relatively inexpensive pickup for Pittsburgh, Hyatt should provide stability to the back end and be a innings-eater.

Prediction: 13-8 3.8 ERA 4.2 WAR

1B Juan Torres - Houston - 3 Years/48M (3rd:TO)
    Some might look at the 1.5* rating and immediately consider this an overpay. Houston didn't want to take any chances with Torres and made a statement offer after trading away Barnum. Torres has posted 4.7/4.8/4.7 WAR seasons over the past 3 years and sported a .370 wOBA over that time.

Prediction: .295/.330/.545 34 HR 4.5 WAR

3B Tony Walters - Colorado - 2 Years/6M
    Really like this bargain signing by Colorado. Walters will move back to his natural 3B position and provide a solid bat in the lineup. Only 26 years old, Walters may just be hitting his prime and has already had a 4+ WAR season in his career.

Prediction: .300/.375/.415 3.5 WAR

Honorable Mentions:
    Gallardo (MIL), Mauer (NYA), Lowe (OAK), De La Rosa (WAS), Hatcher (SEA)

• Like Like x 11
  2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I wanted Hyatt so badly, damn you PAgamer07! :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Nice work Ty. Had i known White was gonna come down so far, i would have made an effort to bring him back to Cleveland :(

4. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Yeah, his asking price came down right when preseason started. I offered a 1 year deal for about 4M for him.

5. goldenglove2

goldenglove2 Walk On

Getting White meant trading Latos was a lot easier. 9-10 start doesn't look all that promising though.