FAB Five (volume 1): Reasons to love Madden leagues

Discussion in 'Graveyard Shift' started by BobJr, Aug 17, 2013.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    FAB Five

5. Rivalries

Let us all be honest, we love the rivalries. For me, I enjoy seeing the matchbox that we have grown accustom to throughout our years playing together. The rivalries are what build our leagues to become some of the greatest around. Usually it is a build up throughout the season, or a massive red circle on the calendar even before the game comes out. The match ups are one thing that provides story lines and content which only creates our itch to play in leagues.
    Some of the best match ups are Cimmy24 / cadepetty247 , Ryty / Emmdotfrisk , Blackattack87 / beer

4. Everyone wants a ring
    While some of you do not want a wedding ring, I know all of you want a video game Vince Lombardi trophy. The day you win a championship is a day that you will remember for years. You will probably even be able to tell your grandchildren about it. Ok, ok, maybe it is not that serious but there is a moment of pride when you win a ring. It may be fiction, and not as blinged out, but it is still an accomplishment.

3. Differences
    Coming together as 1. One unit, one group, one brethren. I tell people all the time that many of you are like brothers to me. Leagues live and die with the members they have. When you have a group that is willing to help each other out beyond the sticks, then you have a group that can make it through any wicked coding or dramatic bug in the game. Some of us have been to weddings of other members, or hung out with other members. There are so many different people from different walks of life. We all have differences in personalities, income or even ethnicity, but we all come together as one.

2. Having it your way
    I would consider a Madden League like a Burger King, when it comes to building your team. You can have it your way. If you want to cut the 100 mil QB, then be my guest. Just remember it may cause some indigestion. Regardless, building a team through a draft or free agency is fun. No, it is exciting and invigorating. You cannot help but remember the players you drafted, even if they are fake. Aka Tank Lockwood (Madden 10). It is our only way to become owners and general managers, and build our favorite teams the way we want. Even if you run them in the ground.

1. Love of the Game
    We all play Madden because we love the game of football. You cannot play this game if you have no interest in the NFL. Sundays are what most of us look forward to during our stress filled weeks. Football creates passion for a team. It will make you trash talk in ways you never have. People "dress to the nines" in team apparel and then believe that their team is going to the Super Bowl every year. Only for me, those hopes are dashed by November. But I still love the game. It is the number one reason we come back every fall and it is the reason we skim through every shady website looking for that early copy of Madden.

So let's all have a good release, and a good time.

• Like Like x 12
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Good to see you back Bobby. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Slowly but surely getting back. I had to step away for a while. But it's good to be back in the mix

• Like Like x 1
  4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

So glad the King is back!

• Like Like x 2