Face 2 Face: IndyBallin22

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Dec 8, 2010.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    It's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK...

Once again we are going Face 2 Face with one of our head coaches..this week its @indyballin22

[​IMG]

1. Coach, how is life treating you at UAB? In your first three years has the Blazer nation seen any controversary?

2. Did you have the chance to move to another team? Where there any offers on the table, and if so what compelled you to stay at UAB?

3. Who would you say has been your top recruit thus far? Any recruits this year going to make an impact for the Blazers?

4. How have you enjoyed Evolution? What could we do to make our league better?

2. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

Bob, first of all I'd like to thank you for having me. Im happy to be here representing the University of Alabama Birmingham.

1. Coach, how is life treating you at UAB? In your first three years has the Blazer nation seen any controversary?
    UAB has been great. We are on a 3 game winning streak right now and everything is a little bit better and brighter when your winning..haha. But i'm loving it down here, when I accepted this job I knew it was going to happen over night and my AD understood that also. There hasnt been any controversaries since I have been here but things were a little rocky when I first got here. We got off to a bad start 0-7 i think, I try to have a short-term memory with those types of things, haha. The people were a little restless in Birmingham but we finished the year off strong and we've been getting better ever since.

2. Did you have the chance to move to another team? Where there any offers on the table, and if so what compelled you to stay at UAB?
    First and foremost I want to say that I'm fully committed to The University of Alabama Birmingham. When I first signed my contract I made a promise to the AD that I would be fully committed to building this program and taking it to the next level. And i'm even more committed to this team after the support my staff and I were shown after our tuff start. To answer your question, no there have not been any offers to go elsewhere.

3. Who would you say has been your top recruit thus far? Any recruits this year going to make an impact for the Blazers?
    Oh, has to be Curtis Moss. Last year he was a kid that was an ESPN Top 150 player 4 star athlete, really a kid that had all the accolades, skills, and god given ablilty. We beat out Florida St. for him. Curtis is a kid that really wants to create a name for himself here at home in Alabama and he is without a doubt good enough to do that. There actually have been a few recruits that have made that have come on as freshman and made huge contributions. I've given Curtis a decent amount of snaps behind center and he is really looking like he is going to be great when he takes over. He is learning from a great in Redshirt Senior David Isabelle who would hold every UAB QB record if it was not for injuries earlier in his career. Curtis has thrown 4 TDs and ran for 1. Another impact freshman is CB Marcus Bates who has 3 interceptions and 1 forced fumble. Also WR Justin Watson who has 2 TDs.

4. How have you enjoyed Evolution? What could we do to make our league better?
    The Evloution is awesome. The 3 seasons I have been in this league have been great. I think everything has been good, maybe whenever somebody comes up with some content to put on the boards if their could be more responses to the content I guess, but I dont think there is anything major that is wrong or needs to be done for this group to be better.

Once again I'd like to thank you Bob for having me on as a guest and I look forward to our next battle on the field.

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Thanks Indy for answering these questions..and I look forward to our game later in the season