Face 2 Face: Zikry

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Oct 27, 2010.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    with Zikry​

Welcome Zik, we have played in other leagues before. How are you liking TF, and how are you liking Evolution?

Are you looking to stay in Reno after this season, or are you hoping for another team?

Reno is a gambling city, and the Wolfpack have become proven winners over the last few seasons. How is the town and the city treating you?

You beat Boise and Fresno in back to back weeks. Is the team gaining momentum heading down the stretch? Which players have risen to the occasions in these big games?

You are using the Pistol offense if I am not mistaken, what do you see as an advantage/disadvantage to this offensive style?

2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Welcome Zik, we have played in other leagues before. How are you liking TF, and how are you liking Evolution?

First of all I'd like to thank you for choosing me in F2F this week. Well I joined TF only recently, as I was looking for some NCAA leagues that would last and had some quality owners. It was your recruiting that led me to the Evolution, and once you told me that there was a place here where you and Emmdot are both owners I was already sold! I'm loving the Evolution. I'm never one to pick the best of teams (as you should know, lol) so I like the idea here where you gotta prove yourself before getting a job at a big time program. These types of leagues really show you who is interested in more than just racking up wins as there will definitely be some bumps on the road, but I think the end experience is much more rewarding and those big wins just feel like such a greater accomplishment!

Are you looking to stay in Reno after this season, or are you hoping for another team?

Honestly I couldn't be happier here Bob! From the school to the fans, I was greeted with open arms as soon as I walked through the front door. I was really given the freedom to choose my own coaching staff and to do whatever I felt was necessary in order to make this team a force in the WAC. I'm still seen as a newbie in the coaching scene, and even though the 5 game winning streak that the team is currently in has turned some heads, I plan on staying in Reno next season, I believe that I owe the team that much as they were the ones who took a chance on me. I want to see what I can do with this team with a full offseason under my belt, and hopefully we can continue our winning ways this year and keep that up going into next year.

Reno is a gambling city, and the Wolfpack have become proven winners over the last few seasons. How is the town and the city treating you?

Oh you don't have to tell me about the gambling, I've been doing most of my "scouting" at the racetracks these last couple weeks ;) But on a serious note, the team expects to win and I was told that from the beginning. They let go of their previous coach after he lost 2 games in a row so you can see that the coaches here have a very short leash when it comes to sustaining a winning program here and I wouldn't have it any other way. While I came in here not promising wins every week, I did promise the school that the team would give it their all every single week because I don't accept anything less than 100% from everyone of these kids, from the starting quarterback to the 70th man on the roster, everyone has to give it their all in practices and in games in order to make this work. The people here have been awesome too, I really can't describe how gracious and caring the people around here have been. Maybe that is only because I have been winning with the team, who knows, lol, but they have been great and I have no complaints about anything here.
    You beat Boise and Fresno in back to back weeks. Is the team gaining momentum heading down the stretch? Which players have risen to the occasions in these big games?

Well like I said earlier I have yet to taste defeat with this team, as we are currently on a 5 game win streak, but some of those wins were certainly tougher than others. I'm just happy that I was able to come in before any conference games were played, so that I was still able to motivate these guys towards the WAC Championship. Our toughest game so far has been that Boise game without a doubt. I mean going into Boise and beating them on that blue turf is no small task, but we all know that the game in week 13 at home against Hawaii will be the game that decides our season. A win in that game will certainly be our greatest win this season without a doubt.

In terms of the players that have distinguished themselves over these past few weeks it all starts with our QB Mason Magleby, who has been the true leader of this team. His play onfield has led us to many of our victories and without him I honestly don't think this team would be the same. At running back Lampford Mark was simply running wild when I first came here, but he was unfortunately injured against New Mexico State. However, junior running back Mike Ball has stepped in and really showed that he can carry the load as the top back, and has us more confident of the position heading into next year. On defense our senior defensive tackle, Zack Madonick has really been special, it was his last second sack against Boise that allowed us to keep hold of that valuable victory and he has really been a menace for opposing offenses this year.
    You are using the Pistol offense if I am not mistaken, what do you see as an advantage/disadvantage to this offensive style?

Well coming into Nevada I didn't feel that it would be best for the team to completely change their offensive playing style. The defense wasn't a problem as I have always been a 4-3 guy, but I had never had the opportunity to test out the pistol offense, and with some conference games right away, I didn't think it would be fair to the kids for me to just come in and try to change their entire offense. So far I have really liked the system. I feel like it always keeps the defense off balance, as you can really pass or run from any type of set off the pistol formation. This has allowed us to really find some passing lanes, especially on 1st downs when the defense sells out against the run. The main disadvantage that I have found, at least with this team, is that when you get into the redzone, especially inside the 10 yard line, it really becomes tough to get some running room. This is something that we have been working on hard the past few weeks but it has really been hard to punch it in from inside the opponents 10 yard line.

Thanks again for interviewing me Bob!