Face2Face 2nd Edition

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by BobJr, Sep 12, 2011.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Alright, let's so who's on the block now.....
    Emmdotfrisk
    Cincinnati Bengals
    [​IMG]

1. Coach Frisk, you have gotten the Bengals to a 5-0 start this season behind a rookie QB. What would you say is the main reason you are undefeated at this point? Do you feel like Andy Dalton is going to hit a wall when we get to the second half of the year?

2. You might have made the GM move of the year by landing Brian Cushing. Are you surprised at how well he has played so far? How do you feel about the talent you gave up to get him, and in what ways are those players missed?

3. Last week we interviewed your division foe (Coach BK) about his comments that neglected the Bengals. Do things like that ever motivate you to coach your team better? Does it create more pressure on you to prove everybody wrong?

4. Let's be honest, you took over a team that is rated as the worst in the game. What drove you towards that team? How do you feel about them in the year's to come?

5. We like to ask every coach what we can improve on in HK. As always we want to give everyone the opportunity to use this as a "forum" for what they think is missing. So Coach Frisk what can we as a group improve on?

• Like Like x 2
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

lol nice pic.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Luckily I have been able to start out the season with some lower tier talented teams which is instrumental in gaining momentum going into the second half of the season which highlights 2 games vs the Steelers and Ravens and some single game showdowns with the Rams and Cards. The main reason for my success right now is the Bengals defense. I would argue that I have the best LB core in Hard Knocks and it plays directly into my 3-4 scheme. My offensive rush game has been surprisingly effective with the two headed monster of Cedric Benson and Bernard Scott. The ability for my defense and run game to perform consistently well has taken a mass amount of pressure of rookie QB Andy Dalton. He had his first bad game against the Jags, but the run game and defense stepped in and filled the void. Dalton will continue to get better but may see some hurdles in the future against divisional rivals in Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

I think I did lol. I actually am suprised at how Cushing is playing. I expected him to come in and stand alone side Malaluga but it almost seems he is beginning to anchor the LB core and overshadow Malaluga. His high speed, tackling, and catching abilities have made him my go to guy to user in game situations. As for the talent relieved to acquire Cushing, they are a very talented group. Shipley is a rising star and was my go to #2 and slot WR while Taylor Mays may be the most sought after SS in the game with exceptional speed and playmaking ability. As for Donte Moch, his incredible 3-4 skills and speed will be missed as he is destined to be a star in 2 years.

Sadly no, but bk has my number. I don't think I have ever defeated him in a user game as I always have troubles with his zone blitzing scheme, he does very well mixing up his looks and coverages. There is a tremendous amont of pressure to do well against the Steelers as they have arguably the best defense in Hard Knocks and some real skilled players on the offensive side. With my secondary being my weakness, we will need to make some plays to defeat the Steelers. The Bengals aren't looked at very highly and are often overlooked, I hope to change that here in upcoming years.

I honestly wanted a challenge and am quite fond of Malaluga, Rivers, and Manny Lawson. As defensive minded and LB player, I knew I could take those key players and mold the rest of the team into what I believed would compete. I never would have guessed acquiring one player would make that much of a difference. I also wanted to play in the AFC as I have never before and like the Bengals jerseys.

I have a couple things that I want to add. I am very pleased with the content, communication, and overall comraderie in Hard Knocks. This is a special group which I feel works and plays well together. For the new members brought to the group, sporty and bouncer, I am aslo very pleased with how you have fit in. There are a few owners that lack communication to help the league run smoothly. Something has to give and I know it's not going to be this bunch. With that being said I would like to see more communication about game times, so we can plan accordingly. For example, if I have to go out tonight and can't play, let us know when you can because its respectful and considerate. If it continues to go unmentioned, some guys games will be simmed for lack of playing and communication.

Also, I am working on presenting a draft scouting and combine section for the upcoming draft class. It requires an insane amount of discipline and accountability as you can search the internet to find these classes but we would need everyone to show their integrity by not doing so. I will be throwing out some questions and polls to see if this is even possible as if people won't abide by our requests it totally won't work. Lasty, I want to thank King Bob for starting F2F again and for having me!

• Like Like x 3
  4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Frisk I hope this works..from what we have talked about it would be a tremendous asset to the league. Just need the guys to fully abide by not looking.

Great answers btw

5. Emmdotfrisk

yeah definitely, thanks bob

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

you gave beaten me before i think...in bfr right?

7. Emmdotfrisk

nope never, you always beat my ass with Stanford