Face2Face: S3W7

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Zikry, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

NDCOLTS1979

[​IMG]
    1. Welcome ND, finally we get some AFC perspective on this thing! First off, we have to start with your offseason as your team probably had the most radical changes made out of any team in the league. You decide that Manning's time is over in Indy and decide to go all in on Hortsman, trade away Reggie Wayne, allow Dwight Freeney to walk. How did the fans take these moves, seeing some of the most iconic Colts all leaving the team in one year?​
    2. Going back to your offseason, we cannot forget about all the acquisitions you made. Secondary seemed to be a real concern for the team last year and you were able to upgrade it immensely with Vontae Davis coming from the Phins in a trade, and the acquisition of DRC in FA. Defense really seemed to be where the team focused all its energy this year as the acquisition of Geno Hayes to that monster contract proves what direction the team was heading. Now, sitting at 4-2 with the 3rd best defense in points allowed (14.3) yards (244) it looks to have paid off big time. What made you want to get these 3 guys in particular?​
    3. After starting out the season on fire and racing out to a 4-0 record in which Hortsman only threw 2 INTs, the team has stumbled a little over the past two weeks, losing two home games to the Bears and Jaguars in which Horstman has thrown 7 INTs. Is this just a sophomore slump or are teams picking up on Carey's weaknesses?​
    4. This week's game against the Titans has surely been circled in the calendar for some time as the jarring between you and the Titans owner has been going on since the offseason. How important will a W be this week with the halfway point of the season fast approaching?​
    5. What do you think HK could improve on? This is your chance to air it all out :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

1. Thanks for having me to answer the first question it was really hard at first to take and let those guys go. Being a fan of this team for so long and having to let these guys go did bother me alittle bit. Yet this is a business and like any business you are forced to make decisions based on the overall prospective and that's what we did this for. They will always be colts and will all go into our ring of honor. The contracts these guys had made improving really difficult and they were getting up there in age. So it was time to move forward with youth and build this team for the future. There are so many strong teams that holding on to guys because u thunk the world of them will get you nowhere in this business and all teams have intelligent fans who know the way things work. At first they were wanting me out of town. Then they started to see I was building something that has always lacked in Indianapolis and that was a defense who u can put up against anyone and be in the game. They are fully on board now and after this coming offseason this team will be even stronger. We already know our vision and have added a big part but can't be announced till offseason.

2. My first goal in taking over the colts was to improve the defense. I have never believed in cover 2 and that's what this team was based off. I wrote down what I wanted and decided early I am going this route and cost wouldn't matter. I decided early in offseason when we let freeney go we were going to go 3-4 defense and Hayes being a fa I wasn't letting him walk away. He has played like I expected him to and is having a really good season. He really does well controlling the outside runs and that's what we lacked last season. You still won't be able to pound us up middle but now the outside run is difficult also. As far as Drc/vontea goes I wanted to get shutdown corners cause we were doing away with the cover 2 scheme and Drc was the best in the fa pool. Vontea was emotional and also logical. He makes very little and when his contract comes up he will be a rfa and I will have the cash to keep him regardless who tries to pay him. He is a strong shutdown corner as well and I feel I have one of the best if not the best 1-2 combo in hk

3. Horstmans problems are 100 percent mine and the coaching staffs fault. The teams aren't really taking from him it's us making bad decisions on the field. We seem to forget this is his first full year at the helm because how well he plays. He really learned well from manning just we need to pull back and take it slower. We forget our defense is there sometimes cause we aren't used to having a strong defense. Punting isn't a bad thing anymore nor is a fg because this defense can take over games and can control the opposing offense. Horstman is just fine and he still will be our qb for seasons to come.

4. This game is very important and sadly I won't be on the sidelines for this one. I hope my team does well in my absence for the game. They are a very strong group and I have total faith in their abilities.

5. I really think some have come complacent to what hk and Tso really stand for. In their playcalling and conduct. People need to step back and read over the rules alittle more and realize this forum has a Lobby but we aren't lobby players. There are still a few who only play games no chat group no game recaps no forum content other than this is when I can play. You need to realize that content and the getting involved with the group is what makes the leagues go. Hk has picked up lately and its nice but still there are the few who aren't apart of this league except to just play. I'm sure there are guys who would love to contribute and be apart of this league in full. If games are all u want lobby is open 24/7. Still by far hk is the best madden league but people need to realize the rules they are stated very plainly. I'm out hope this is enough

• Like Like x 3
  3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great job guys

4. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Nicely stated.

5. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

How will Luck and Manning work together?

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

They will work fine together. The issue that people are bringing up is the fact Luck is ready to start day 1. Imo Luck sitting will do him alot of good. He has the chance to learn from one of the best. He will get to watch and learn while experiencing the full speed of the NFL. He is a great qb but he played subpar teams in Ncaa so he really hasn't had the experience of what its like to face an NFL defense. Sitting and practicing and playing he will experience that and avoid getting hit. Plus no one really knows if or how Manning will do when he returns. Its a neck one rough hit and he could be done again. Luck and Manning have history together and i think they can co-exist. Of course Luck wants to start right away who wouldnt but i dont see him saying no i wont play for the Colts. One thing i adore about the Colts more than anything is we take care of our guys. When we won the Superbowl 2 starters were not drafted or brought in off the street after the draft. They were contributors and a couple are still around on the team now. Colts could of dumped Manning and not paid him a penny. They stuck by him and any qb or any player who doesnt think they will do the same for them. DerekC is a huge fan of arkansas and we drafted one of their players in 1999 Burlsworth i believe is his name. He never made it out of training camp as he was killed in a car crash. I was at the first game and they did a pregame video all about him like he had been apart of the team for years. Manning is a guy who understands that Colts need to play for the future as well. He knows we wont force him out the door but he also loves the Colts and its fans and wants to see them succeed after he is gone as well. These two will do what they need to do to make things work.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

You are correct on burlsworth, he has a foundation at the school now that brings anew group of young kids every week...to their first razorback game