Fact of Fiction: Episode 2 of 3

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by sawemoff, Aug 4, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Rece Davis: Welcome back to the midseason Fact or Fiction episode. Here to join us again is Lou Holtz and Mark May. Gentleman I have some good stuff for you today.​
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    Rece: We will start off with something simple and work our way to the tough stuff. Halfway through the season Virginia Tech QB Logan Thomas is the leader in passing yards with 1,861 yards. Will he be the #1 passer at the end of the season?​
    Lou Holtz: Since you went first last time, I will lead this show today. Fact! Virginia Tech does not have a running game and heavily rely on Thomas's arm to get victories. When your leading rusher only has 145 yards through six games you know you are an "air it out" type of team. Also their schedule is very favorable for him to break the 3500 yard mark. Heck he could get 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs!!! Especially when you go up against weak ACC teams like Duke, Maryland, and Virginia he should easily get 300+ passing yards in each one. I think I pretty much covered all the bases Rece.​
    Rece: Indeed you did. Mark what do you think?​
    Mark May:Yes Lou, you did cover them all and I believe this is first time in Fact or Fiction that we agreed on something so I am going to say FICTION! *Chuckles* I got you to thinking that I was actually going to agree with Lou.​
    *Lou shakes his head*​
    Lou: You did not surprise any one except yourself.​
    Mark: Well I know I must have gotten someone watching the show today. Logan Thomas is a good QB but how much longer can he keep this up before the defenses start pressuring him. Yes, he has made good throws and yes I know he has been sacked but it is easy when teams do not send heavy blitzes his way. Look for a lot more teams to mix things up by bringing more zone and overload blitzes. The person that will chase down Logan and surpass him will be none other than Ex-Longhorn Garrett Gilbert! *Tries to hold in laughter but cannot* No just kidding but I really think Williams from Miami or Renner from UNC could overtake him at the end.​
    Rece: Well this was an interesting way to start out the show.​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Rece: Our next topic comes from the big announcement this week on Maryland's campus. They announced that Ghost would take over the head coaching duties for the rest of the season. Guys, will Maryland make a run and wind up in the ACC Championship Game.​
    Lou: Well I guess every knows my answer to this after I just bashed them so Fiction on this one. Their defense is made to stop the run and not the pass, and their offense is not anything to beat your chest about. I'm not totally sure why they needed to replace the HC anyways, haven't they lost only one game?​
    Rece: Correct. They only have one loss coming from ACC for UNC. The reason the Head Coach got fired was that he stole thousands upon thousands of dollars from boosters.​
    Mark: Get with the program old man.​
    Lou: Now you look a here you young whipper snapper. I stand by what I say, when I say Maryland will not make a run at an ACC title this year.​
    Mark: This is an easy one, Fact. This team is very underrated with a killer defense. The offense needs work but it isn't like Coach Ghost is coming in and redefining the offense. This team is setup to run his pro-style attack NOW. They have the weapons to dominate this division for years to come and I can guarantee you that if them and UNC face off in Round 2 it will be a lot different. Lou is old and out of touch, while Maryland is young and fruitful!​
    Rece: *Laughs* Well this show has to be the most entertaining one we have had in a long time.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Rece: Now on to our last topic. Will Oregon and LSU faceoff in the National Championship game?​
    Lou: Fiction. Oregon could possibly make it with how easy their schedule is but LSU has a gauntlet to go through in the SEC. We all know Alabama has struggled but they would need to go through them and then beat Georgia in the SEC CCG. That is not happening. Oregon has proven to be the team to beat as they took on Utah earlier and won. Other than the PAC 12 CCG the Ducks face off against Washington and Oregon State, and those games are iffy.​
    Rece: With the look on Mark's face it looks like we will be avoiding an argument on this topic.​
    Mark: I will be civil this time Rece. These two teams will face each other in the National Championship game. Oregon will stay afloat and win the PAC 12. Oregon State will be an iffy game? Are you kidding me?!?! The only reason why OSU beat them last year was due to home field advantage! The Ducks have a chip on their shoulder and with the crowd on their side they will bring the Beavers back to Earth. Now Washington is a whole other animal. This time the Huskies should get pay back but with their inconsistent QB play the Ducks should prevail. Going through a gauntlet in the SEC? Who would have ever thought that? We all know how good the SEC is and yes LSU will make it through and get their spot to shine in the spotlight. This could not get any Facter, I'm through.​
    Rece: Well this show was entertaining. We got Lou arguing and questioning, and we got Mark making up words. This wraps up another great edition of Fact or Fiction. Look for episode three to come out at the end of the season!​

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

sawemoff that's the Virginia logo, not Virginia tech.

Otherwise, awesome job!

3. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Didn't want to say anything. :rolleyes:

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Fixed sawemoff

5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

awesome

here's one too.

Will FSU go .500 this year? with user games against VT, MD, and MIA...it is VERY possible