Fact or Fiction: Episode 1 of 3

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by sawemoff, Jul 31, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Rece Davis: Welcome to the first of three episodes of Fact or Fiction this season. I'm your host Rece Davis and here with me is Mark May and Lou Holtz.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Rece: Our first topic is about last year's conference champions. Will Baron and I Peench win their respective conferences again.​
    Mark May: Fiction and here is why. You know the saying "don't go to the grocery store hungry or you will buy more than what you need?" Well FSU, VT, and Miami are all hungry and will look to go to the grocery store and gobble up the Tarheels this year. All four teams are coming off tremendous recruiting classes and all are ranked in the top 15. FSU has to have a bitter taste in their mouths after letting UNC have their way against them. On the other hand VT's defense will be looking to lock down this newly spread offense. These games should be good and come down to the wire once again.. Same story different year. Now as for Utah they will have to play perfect football and with the controversy at the QB position I just don't see that happening. There is a 3 game span where they have to go through Oregon, UCLA and Washington. I just don't see them coming out of that unscathed. And with that both of these teams will not win their conferences.​
    Lou Holtz: *laughs* "don't go to the grocery store hungry," huh? Let me tell you something this will be fact once again. Utah and UNC will be hungry to win another conference championship. They will go into their own respective conference's grocery store and eat up all the food. That is how hungry they are. UNC has a slightly easier road than Utah as they only have to take on two if the three powerhouses in the ACC, Miami and VT. You got my mouth all wet talking about food now!​
    Rece: Well okay, good analogy I guess Mr. May. *Mark grins and nods his head* It is always hard to repeat and with the target on their back we will have to wait and see if they have what it takes to get back there.​
    [​IMG]
    Rece: Moving on and hopefully without any analogies this time. This topic is on USC and their recruiting. Will USC rise above a three loss season and have the #1 Recruiting Class at the end of the season?​
    Mark: Here again this is Fiction. By saying they will not have the #1 Recruiting class I am not saying they will not get some quality players because they will. VT and FSU will and should be at the top of the class. USC has some really strong perks but this will come down to winning big time games. Last year they lost to UCLA in just a sloppy first half and recruits do not want to see USC get beat by a team they out talent one hundred times over. The only way I see this happening is if they can bring back some hardware from the CCG, a BCS bowl or a national title.​
    Lou: You are filled with a lot of jokes today. *laughs* Fact! Even though I'm not suppose to like the Trojans I still think they will rack in enough recruits to get that #1 spot. Why would you not want to play for a school with rich tradition of greatness. Their pro potential is outrageous even with them losing to UCLA. Who cares about rival games when you both teams are based in Los Angles. The only difference is that one wears red and the other wears blue. Coach Bulldog is a likable coach by many recruits and I bet you he can sway a pig to even go there! *points his finger in the sky*​
    Rece: If USC recruits a pig I am going to retire and live in beach house on the Florida coastline.​
    [​IMG]
    Rece: Next our guys will hit on last years National Champions, The OU Sooners. Can they make it back to the game and will they repeat?​
    Mark: Fact. OU has the team and schedule to repeat once more. With playing in a weak Big 12 conference and not having a CCG helps them in two ways. One, they can rest up while other teams beat each other up one more time. Second, they don't risk taking a loss and knocking them out of the National Championship. I truly believe the BCS got it right last year by sending OU over UNC. I know there were a lot of mad fans and blame was put on the BCS computers but still OU was the better team and deserved it.​
    Lou: Are you horse yet? *spoken in spit language* UNC got screwed and OU did not deserve to be in the title game. UNC fought hard week in and week by winning 12 games in a row just to get snubbed! OU will not repeat and they do not deserve it over a team that has to play for a conference title. The BCS got it wrong and they will forever get it wrong. You said it best, OU plays in a very weak Big 12. What sucks is that there schedule favors them to make it again.​
    Rece: Well I guess you can say it is getting a little heated and this will conclude this edition of Fact or Fiction. Tune in around midseason to see what these two knuckleheads have to say. Thanks for watching and goodnight!​

• Like Like x 6
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Great read sawemoff! A bit easier than gameday, huh?

3. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

As much as I hate to agree with Mark May, and I do so hate to, how can anybody argue for UNC in the NC game after the Sugar Bowl? :D (God, I am totally inviting a whooping in Week 11 but I don't care).

• Like Like x 1
  4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

It is sooooo much easier haha

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Nice work sawemoff i don't think i'll have the top recruiting class again though. I can only sign 14 and probably wont sign that many this year.

6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Great shit saw. Like x 100