Fact or Fiction: Episode 3 of 3

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by sawemoff, Aug 11, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Rece Davis: I'm your host Rece Davis and welcome to the final episode of Fact or Fiction for the second season of PFP. Today we will talk about championships as the regular season has come to an end teams start prepare for their Conference Championship games whiles other wonder what bowl they will go to. Joining me is Lou Holtz and Mark May. ​
    [​IMG]
    Rece: We first go to the ACC Conference Championship matchup, Maryland vs North Carolina. The question is, will the Terps take away the Tarheel's chances at a national championship birth?​
    Mark May: We sure talk about North Carolina a lot.​
    Rece: Have to keep Commissioner I Peench happy or we could get the boot!​
    Mark: Fair enough. I'm leaning Fiction on this one. The game will come down to the battle in the trenches and right now UNC is more dominate on both sides of the ball. I highly doubt RT Ryan Doyle, RG Josh Cary, or even TE Jeremy Greene will be able to contain the monster LE Tim Jackson. Jackson has gotten into the back field 31 times and has 23 sacks on the year. This guy will be key for the Tarheel defense and if he cannot get going Maryland may have a chance but it is highly unlikely they would still win this one. On the other side I am not saying Maryland has a terrible DL but again UNC has the personnel to keep them in check.​
    Lou: Talk about brown nosing. I don't care who the boss man is and I say UNC will get beat so FACT! Coach Ghost came into Maryland and kept their winning ways going. Do you actually think he was the one that has kept them successful? No, it's the players and the tremendous athletes they have over there. They have a good QB in CJ Brown so I think the battle will be between him and UNC's secondary. Granted the WRing corp the Terps have are not the greatest, BUT they are young and Brown will continue to carry them. Next year could be a different story but this year Maryland will walk into Charlotte underdogs and walk out as the ACC Champions! ​
    Rece: This game will be an exciting one to watch as it would be the first time these two coaches square off.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Rece: Now we travel to the West Coast for the Pac 12 Conference Championship game. Oregon will be travelling to the Colosseum to take on the USC Trojans. Will the Trojans punch their ticket to get into the National Title game?​
    Mark: When you look at both of these teams you see why they have made it this far and for USC I see them running the tables and winning the National Championship. To answer the question though I say fact. USC is deadly all over the field and is fast enough to keep up with the Oregon Ducks. In last years game it was a defensive slugfest where USC scored the lone TD of game and I see the same thing happening. Duck QB Bryan Bennett has only thrown 2 interceptions all year but if he plays like he did in the Civil War game, he will wind up doubling or tripling his interception total. I also think the USC WRs will be too much for the Oregon secondary. Speed doesn't mean everything because when you can execute routes to perfection like these WRs can, good luck trying to cover them.​
    Lou: I was hoping you would have said fiction so I could say fact, but I will argue that Oregon will beat USC and possibly punch there ticket into the National Title. My answer is now fiction. The scary part about Oregon is that these guys are young and I would expect them to be in this situation for a long time coming. What is even scarier is the injuries. During the Civil War game 4 Oregon players went down. Granted they did return a few plays later but if the Oregon State Beavers can knock them out of the game then as a Duck fan you have to be worried about USC. This game will boil down to two things, mental and physical toughness. I would say both teams are evenly matched but will Oregon have the right mind set and will their bodies hold up the entire game. If they can, they will win this game and possibly be in the National Championship game.​
    Rece: I see that we have made it through two topics without a big argument. Let's hope this continues with our last topic.​
    [​IMG]
    Rece: For the last topic we talk about another spoiler that could possibly happen. LSU faces Georgia in the SEC title game and could the Tigers make Oregon or North Carolina some unhappy campers?​
    Mark: I do indeed think LSU will put a sour taste in one of those two teams so fact. We all know the best conference in the nation is the South Eastern Conference so if LSU wins they will get the nod into the title. Sorry Duck and Tarheel fans no matter how much you win by, LSU will stay ahead. Now how is that for brown nosing Lou?​
    Lou: For a second there I thought you were not going to stop rambling because you do know the reason why everyone watches this show, right? It's because of me.​
    Rece: Oh, boy *face palms*​
    Mark: No I didn't. I thought they watched this show to see how many times I can make a fool out of you.​
    Lou: No, you just show how dumb you are with your ridiculous picks!​
    Rece: Well this went down hill in a hurry, let's try to get back on track.​
    Lou: Sorry for getting off track but Mr. May needed to get his facts straight. Well of course LSU will not spoil UNC's season if they win. I believe UNC will stay afloat but it would be real tough for Oregon to jump over LSU. Even if UNC loses Oregon will not have enough umph to get over the hill.​
    Rece: May would like to have one last rebuttle?​
    Mark: *gestures locking up his mouth and throwing away the key*​
    Lou: I really would wish he would do that more often!​
    Rece: We appreciate all of our fans and hope to bring just as much excitement to Season 3. This is Rece Davis, Mark May and Lou Holtz signing out.​

• Like Like x 6
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Awesome as always

3. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Appreciate it. A lot drama could happen if You and LSU win

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Yup have to agree with Steve love these saw (y)

• Like Like x 1