falcons/cowboys game

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cadepetty247, Jan 16, 2010.

1. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

falcons/cowboys game

Ok with 4min left im up 31-17...falcons owner supposedly getss knocked...i have the ball in his territory running clock to win the game...

He wants to give me the ball and same time and score...I'm not gonna say he didnt get knocked off but it defintily look like he quit b/c he got off psn...and when he got back on he wasnt on madden...i think he restarted his ps3...i dont want to take a chance on this really...

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I think you finish. Sounds to me like he quit plus he needed to make up 14 in 4 mins with you in his territory. You know I looked at the playoff owners and though who would be the one to give us trouble and as you can guess....it was him.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Interesting. Don't know what to think of it at this point.

4. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

yea..i dont want to restart b/c it could go either way man...i have the game in my hands..and driving it he couldnt stop me ive had the ball for 3 1/2 min....he shut his ps3 off b/c if he didnt it woulda showed him still in madden once he got back on and it didnt...

5. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

well i dont want to restart...b/c one im a score away from pulling my starters...we replay to this point then theres a chance my guys will get hurt...

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

IMO he quit. Sucks if that is what he did to not lose. I am in favor of no restart. Interested to see what Nate thinks about this.

7. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

well im paused on the screen waiting for a word... btw there has been no lag what so ever... nothing with servers could have thrown him off.... Took a picture...just in case anything is said differently

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think the most fair thing to do, which is sort of unfair for Cade, is to straight sim it, which I am so NOT in favor of doing in a playoff game.

9. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Tough one here because of how important the game is.

10. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

sim it...man thats not cool ...i have the game in my hands...4th qtr with 4 left.. 2nd and 2...2 yards away from a 1st down to run more clock...

11. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i believe the rule states if i want to finish i can...even falcons owner pointed it out

14 - Disconnections
    If the same person disconnects twice, the other person should continue versus the the CPU. If a Disconnect happens in the 2nd half then the person who was up can decide between a restart or have his oppenent set to CPU. If the winning team is the reason for the disconnect then it should ALWAYS be a restarted or if a disconnect happens in the first half of a game the game should be restarted. If neither person has the time on that day to play another game the game should be rescheduled if possible and if not there will be a straight sim

if it was a 7 point game his ball..id replay it...but i have controll of the game...

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So can you still finish or is it a restart? If you are still logged in then finish. If not, then either replay or straight sim. Either way, if you are not logged in to finish, you still could get screwed Cade. It's not fair but it's true.

13. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Message from wajomatik:

rule says its up to you just finish gg Im rooting for the Boys rest of way...---

If it was a regular season game id restart but being up like I am controlling the ball and clock in the 4th. I dont want to....

Just need the word from someone to finish it

14. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I can still finish Ive got it paused right now!!

15. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ok guys,

I think Cade needs to take a page out of what happened with Gaddy and my playoff game. This sounds like the exact same thing happened. Gaddy was up and he was booted in the 2nd quarter during our first game. It ALSO showed him 'logging out' of PSN like he had turned off the system. My first reaction here is that Wajo probably got booted in the same way. Although he has had issues in the past, quitting games isn't one of them.

After our thing happened I offered Gaddy to play the CPU. He was up 21-0 at that point and I figured it would only be fair. But because there was so much time left in the game, he decided that we could just replay it. His reasoning was we are friends and playing the game straight is more important than the outcome.

What was the result of that....I came back in the 2nd game and outscored him 21-10 (I gave him a freebie score right up front to give him a lead atleast in the new game). He lost, but it was a great game and the game is something we'll talk about as friends for a long time. Way better than just playing CPU or simming it.

So, my response here is that he likely got booted by the poor EA servers. Take a page out of Gaddy's book and replay it. Sportsmanship here is more important than the final score.

16. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

You have my vote bud

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well put Dunlap.

18. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Difference is 4th qtr...4 min left i have control of clock and ball..

if i restart it could go either way man...He has gave me the right to finish and im going to take it

Hope I'm not a jerk...but sorry

19. Big D

Big D Walk On

Its up to you Cade, but again in my opinion sportsmanship is the way to go....even if it is a little 'unfair'.

20. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

rules states if gaddy wanted to play cpu he could but he chose not to

i wouldnt if it was the 1st half also... 4th qtr i mean gaames is basically mine anyway...

rules states i can finish...even falcons owner gave the ok...i gotta take it ...its playoffs

21. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i understand where your coming from dunlap...gaddy did a good thing...but i believe our stiuations are totally different...but yet similiar too...if it was the 1st 2nd 3rd qtrs.. i would restart and play him straight up ive done it alot...i never accused him of quiting we had a respectful conv. about this..

22. Big D

Big D Walk On

No in Gaddy's situation he could NOT have played the CPU. In fact I could have been an ass and just called for a straight restart instead of spotting him a lead. I chose the most sportsmanlike route.

That said, it is definately withing your rights to just play the CPU as the rule states.

Just remember that you may someday be on the other side of the coin, and you have also has lag issues that other people have been more than willing to work with you on when they could have chosen other 'routes'. . . . . .

23. Big D

Big D Walk On

i thought you mentioned you thought for sure he had quit on you?

24. Big D

Big D Walk On

Cade,

Like I said it's definately your right to choose here and nobody is going to fault you if you just play the CPU. Not saying that.

However, please don't take the attitude of 'it's the playoffs'. . .that's not what this league is about. Atleast I don't think it is.

25. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

exactly i said i think he quit....i never said bro whyd u quit....honestly games in my hands...me and waj have had a respectful agreement...i chose to finish...and if i was in the same situation i would do the same as he has....