Falcons Deliver in the End of an Epic Matchup

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ThaBayouChef, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Don't really have any stats on this one, and being the loser it pains me to do this, but since Gutcheck64 doesn't have any internet I figured I'd give him a shout out. It was an epic game in Philadelphia. Atlanta jumped out to a quick 17-0 lead and put the Eagles in a hole that they didn't want to be in. They would dig deep, however; and roll into the half with the score 17-14 Falcons. The Eagles would then put up 10 more unanswered points making it 24-17. The Falcons would not be out done as they evened it up 24-24 in the 4th. That's where it all went down hill for the Eagles. Alex Henery, Philly's kicker, had not one but two opportunities to knock down a 51 and 53 yarder. He had the leg for both of them, but pulled one wide left and pushed the other bouncing off the upright. With the latter, the Falcons got possession of the ball with just under a minute to go. Their drive seemingly was going no where and brought them to a quick 3rd down. That's when Matt Ryan chunked one deep to a streaking Roddy White. That got them down to field goal range with 3 ticks left on the clock. And of course ATL's kicker did his job. Falcons 27, Eagles 24. Heart breaker for the Eagles and they woke up sick this morning because of it. They fall to 3-4, but thankfully they are in the NFC East where the Giants are in 1st only a half a game up at 4-4. Atlanta goes to 4-3, which I believe is best in the NFC South.

Great game, Gut! Classic for sure. Hope to see you down the line!

MVP:

[​IMG]

Non-MVP:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

haha i like the pose Alex is making after one of his missed tries

3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Yea, look at his feet. Stupid P.O.S! Laces OUT!! Lol

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

ThaBayouChef

Loren, I really appreciate the fact that you stepped up and did this game recap for Rod while he's in the middle of his move. Even though you lost, you showed a lot of poise and respect both to Rod and to the rest of the league. You truly are an asset to the league. Thank you.

• Like Like x 6
  5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

No problem man, just trying to do my part!

• Like Like x 5
  6. Gutcheck64

Gutcheck64 Walk On

wow real nice write up loren and i appreciate the good looking out on the report.your sportsmanship and attitude was awesome and is what this league is about.i made that comment to doug before i even read this and now i know its true beyond the shadow of a doubt .great game and good luck the rest of the season

• Like Like x 7