Falcons

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cadepetty247, Jan 15, 2010.

1. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Falcons

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of defense he runs! And what type of passing game he has. Pass/Run Ratio???

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Win just beat him. I am sure that he has some advice to give. From the write up it looks like Win dominated him until a late TD.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Against me both games, for whatever reason, he abandoned run quickly in favor of passing. Maybe it's because it looks like I play a soft cover 2/3 style when in reality I'm blitzing with someone on every down just about. He typically tries to feel you out with Turner to start, and if you don't stop him he will slam Turner down your throat.

If you stop Turner, though, he completely abandons the running game. Ryan goes to slinging it like it's going out of style. He LOVES Roddy White until the red zone, then looks for Gonzalez between the 20s. Keep White highlighted and make him throw to Jenkins. Jenkins will get a few but will drop as many as he gets if your corners are decent.

As far as defense, he plays pretty vanilla in my opinion. Lots of cover 2/3 style with very little blitzing from what I remember. He tries to let Abraham get pressure while bringing up a safety to try to trick you into thinking there are 8 or 9 in the box when in reality it's one less. Unless he blitzes with the safety (which is rare), he's going to play the short middle, covering up slants and what not. For you he may take safety deeper though since he knew I am a short passing kind of guy, so take into account your personal offensive philosophy when dealing with watching his safety.

On your defensive side, get after him. Blitz him with help over the top if possible. Don't go man coverage if you can help it; always have some kind of safety help. He can be rattled if you can get to Ryan. If I can get to Ryan with my lackluster pass rush, with Ware and Ratliff you should be set. Just be aggressive on the defensive side while still being a little cautious.

What playbook do you run on defense? Maybe I could look and give some advice on what kind of plays would work. I like the 3-4 set and can maybe be of some assistance in that regard. Let me know.

To tack onto Web's point, our first game I had him scoreless until late third quarter, then completely went soft (my stupidity being a rookie online coach) and let him back in the game with Roddy White. The second game, if not for a fluke KO return and a bad decision on my part for a pick 6, the game would have been long done by halftime. I don't mean to brag (Lord knows I never do), but I had his number this year defensively. Just can't do anything offensively.

That enough of a scouting report? ;)

4. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Haha great scouting report win. I use the 3-4 playbook. As far as turner what formation does he usually run him in? Does he use white in the slot?

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Typically he keeps White on the outside from what I have seen. He doesn't do a whole lot of shifting of receivers to different areas. As far as formations, he usually runs Turner with a fullback in front, but he's not scared to go singleback. Typically if you see a fullback back there though it's more than likely a Turner run.

6. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

alright bro...thanks so much