Fansty Football Mock Draft Site?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by BDSDIGITAL, Aug 23, 2010.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Fansty Football Mock Draft Site?

I'm in a fairly high stakes FF league (high stakes by our standards anyway) and our draft order got released yesterday and the draft is this thursday, so I need to start cramming for that. Does anyone know a GOOD preferably free mock draft site to use?

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
  3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I haven't really looked around, I just do them on ESPN.com. Not always the best site, especially for auction style drafts, since people screw around a lot. The best thing to do with mock drafts is try out different strategies and see how it works out. I tried a few different things when I did some this past weekend.

4. BDSDIGITAL

Thanks for the recommendation Suge Knight.

Yeah I just used espn as well. I don't do an auction style league but it's still hard to do because we have 13 guys, so I have to handicap myself to get it where my team is fairly realistic, since you can only mock with 12 or less.

Here's a better question for everyone: You are playing a league that is
    1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 FLEX 1 K 1 DEF and you have the fifth pick. The scoring is pretty standard 6 pt TD's (more for longer td's) 1pt for every 10 yards rushing/rec. etc. Nothing fancy...who's your pick:

Ray Rice
    Frank Gore
    or Someone else....Steven Jackson maybe?

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Rice is going 4 in every league I see. It's been pretty standard:

Johnson - AP - MJD - Rice

I am at 6 in my big money league too, so it really depends what happens with #5. We are also a 0.5 pt PPR league though, so that changes things a bit.

If Gore is there, I'm going to take him. But my thinking is he will go 5. So that leaves:
    - Steven Jackson - best player, but worst team. And RBs + bad backs = lingering injuries that seem to make them Game time decisions all season long
    - Michael Turner - I love him to have a big season this year. But in a PPR league, he is such a liability since he doesn't catch the ball ever (like 5 receptions last year) and sits on 3rd downs.
    - Andre Johnson - I am usually a fan of taking a RB in round 1. But the guy catches 100+ passes every year, so right there, that's 50 pts. Add in the pretty realistic projection of 1500 yds and 12 TD and he is money.

So if Gore goes 5, I have decided on Johnson. My thinking is on the come back in the 2nd round, RBs like Shon Greene, Pierre Thomas, maybe even Mendenhall will be there. So I won't be without a solid RB.

If you're NOT in a PPR league though, I would look at Turner more. I really like him alot and would prob take him in a non-PPR league at #6

6. BDSDIGITAL

dude, with the sig.....really?

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Someone suggested I do it

8. BDSDIGITAL

has anyone suggested that you change it yet?

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

just you...guys in T1 haven't said anything, few even are laughing at it. If it offends you that much I will change it though.

10. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'd hope that one of Rice, MJD, AD, or CJ falls to you after that. I'd look at how your scoring system is and if it favors WR at all I'd take Andre Johnson or if it's traditional I'd take Frank Gore or Steven Jackson.

11. BDSDIGITAL

i was just fuckin with you.

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

oh ok. i know it's early in the morning. didn't want anyone yacking up their bfast seeing my sig