Fantasy Draft

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by mooseboyj, Sep 13, 2012.

1. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

With Josh Looman saying that the Big Announcement is an online fantasy draft via twitter does that mean you will pick up another league? Would anyone from TLY be interested in doing one?

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

never been a fan of fantasy draft leagues. i'm a fan of having recognizable faces on their real nfl teams. i.e. to me the pats mean Brady, the Steelers mean Roethlisberger, the Ravens mean defense and Lewis, etc.

also - folks don't build teams like real NFL teams, and the end result is almost always unbalanced, disproportionate teams. things i've seen in league settings in fantasy drafts. i.e. teams that draft all WRs are the beginning, or all OL, or all DL, etc. my favorite was a guy who drafted two stud HBs and basically ran all pro-set and shotgun 2 backs and just flipped plays back and forth between the two backs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

I always get a solid defense. With the scheme factor in this game it will be hard to draft correctly.

4. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

F Fantasy Drafts

• Like Like x 1
  5. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Fantasy drafts used to be cool when I was younger and I was playing for fun. I didn't even get all my favorite players though, I just liked the idea of picking my own team.

But I don't see how people can do it now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Never was a fan of Fantasy Draft, especially in a league format. Owners will bail if they dont get their players and it is hard to get somebody to take over a fantasy team that they didnt pick.

7. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

I do mine solo

8. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Fantasy drafts have practically no replay value after the first year UNLESS you did something like left out an obvious hole in your team that will be needing some attendance... Otherwise I see it as completely cheap and useless because you can just draft young guys the entire way through the whole entire time which makes being a Owner practically useless for the off season and such.