Fantasy Football 2010

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by EaglesIrish5, Jun 30, 2009.

1. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Fantasy Football 2010

For anybody looking to join a fantasy football league this season this is it. This league is the Ultimate dude weekend. I have been doing this league for the last three seasons and I swear by it. The league set up is a little different and it is a little pricey but I suggest it to anybody who is a serious fantasy football player in the North East.

www.rotobowl.com

My partner and I won our "Conference" the first season and brought home a decent prize. Like I said it is the Ultimate guys weekend. You get to Atlantic City Thursday night and watch the kickoff game and have some drinks then hit the casionos for the night. Next day you wake up and do it all over again. Saturday is the biggest fantasy football draft you will ever be apart of. 400 guys in 1 enormous conference room with hot chicks running the draft boards. Its worth the trip.

2. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

...Indeed

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Seems like overkill to me =].

I just like drafting online with my online buddies and I have one live draft with my RL friends.

4. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

You don't know a good time when it is stairing you in the face.

5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

True. I've been told that many times. =]

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I wish I lived on the East Coast - I'd be all over that, I'd drag Juggs there for sure. I wonder if there's a Vegas equivalent, lol.

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

There's one of these on Long Island too. Personally though, I never seem to have as much fun in fantasy leagues with people I don't know than when I do with the guys at work and friends. Tough to talk shit with strangers.

8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

We should do a Tradition Fantasy League.

9. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I am in 100%.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i'll be in too...maybe even make it like a $20 entry fee? 12-14 team league?

11. Bondzai

Let's make it happen.

12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

If you guys do a online league let me know please.

13. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

you don't think 14 teams is too many? Not much FA pool with that many teams.

14. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

10 - 12 has always been perfect in my opinion. If you guys do one and I get in, go ahead and mail your money to me. No sense in you guys wasting your time drafting players and going thru the frustration of the NFL season, just send me the money and be done with it.
    Auction or traditional draft? I always did traditional until 2 seasons ago and now I am hooked on auction. Much more strategy, seperates the luck of the draw from things a little more.

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

if you do auction, you have to do a deep roster. like 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, etc. have the traditional lineup of 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR makes no sense with auction, can go wild and spend 2/3 your money on a top player at 2 different positions and your team will be fine.

16. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

True. We have usually 10 teams and rosters around 18 or 19 - QB, RB, WR, TE, DE & K.

17. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I say we do a 12 team Traditional draft. An auction takes way to long. I have done both. I love the auction but it is too time consuming.I have no problem running the thing if need be. I have run many fantasy football leagues in the past.

18. Bondzai

If you do run one like this, you can count me in.

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Eagles...it's all yours bro. I'm sure no one will object with you being the commish. Set it up, and if we're doing money too, set up a paypal or however you want to collect, acct.

20. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I usually just play for fun. But I'll throw some money down. I had great success last year. 2 championships, 2 2nd place, and a 4th place finish.

I even made a masterful trade toward the end of the season in my RL league that won me the championship game by 1 point.

21. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

If we do not put a prize on it I can guarentee that people lose interest fast, myself inculded.

22. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah have to put a prize. I play in 2 leagues, one for $500 a team, the other $200. So whatever you guys decide is fine by me. But I think we need to do atleast like $20 just so guys stay interested all year

23. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

We need 12 SOLID guys before we decide on anything. I want people that are going to pay attention every week and not have guys with Bye weeks in there lineup. If we can't do that I would rather not even have the league.

24. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I'm pretty sure already have 4-5 in this thread. Helli would do it too I bet

25. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Fantasy Football is like poker....you cant play without CASH!!!