Fantasy Football Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by TheCrumbIsHere, Aug 4, 2012.

1. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

I know that we'll have an official league one set up here soon, but if anyone's up for joining another FF league, below is the information for mine:

Fantasy Football League:

Draft Time: Friday, August 17th @ 9:00 PM EDT
    League ID #: 124348
    Password: sd

Sign-up for the league at: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinleague; insert the ID# and password listed above. You'll enter it in on the left hand side.

Also, this year... it would be sort of nice if you "football junkies" partook in my Coll FBall Pick'Em Pool: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/college-football-pickem-2012.81967/ . It seems like you all have more "free time" than I do, so there's no excuse.

2. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Videos and completion grades, my man.

j/k.

Kinda.

3. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Definitely wasn't referring to you in regards to that. For the record completion grades are def my friend. ;)

4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Fair warning to everyone....this is an education gripe.......most will probably want to ignore this post.

[Rant] My biggest complaint with my school/department is that they made us go to complete multiple-choice testing. I used to make all of my own tests, and 3/4 of the test was the students writing out their own answers. I knew what the students learned and what they didn't. And because the students knew that their tests were going to accurately portray what they knew, I could give completion grades for homework and didn't feel bad about it. I also made every student take the test until they made an A on it. I had some kids taking tests 4 or 5 times but by the end of it, they friggin' learned what I was teaching them. But since the STAAR/EOC that we're using now is all multiple-choice, we've gone to complete MC, department-wide standard tests. It's a hell of a lot easier/faster to grade, but it doesn't give as accurate a reading, and it can be a challenge to come up with questions that are worded fairly. And because of our department-wide policy on easy test corrections, a kid can bomb the test, spend an hour in tutoring and make a 70 without ever having to study or learn anything. So I end up having to make the daily work more challenging and spend more time grading it because it's really the best barometer of how much they are learning and what they are struggling with.

[/end rant]

5. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

TheCrumbIsHere What is going on with the league? I joined and I think I made number 9... you going to get another and make it 10?

6. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

I'm waiting on a couple more to join. However, if you know of anyone else... feel free to invite them along as well.

Still have until a week from Friday to get everyone in.

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'll probably start a new thread at some point but to hijack Crumb's thead to we want to do a H4Y Fantasy league again?

8. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Fuck yes. Just let me go find another dumb friend who I can fuck over in a trade.

9. nikpin

Yea that was lame. Hopefully we can keep it all H4Y people this year.

10. DirtycashDylan

Hey, Cam Newton won me the league last year, not Roddy White and whoever else I traded for.

11. CoachRedd

Did this have anything to do with the reminder I sent you via Yahoo?

12. CoachRedd

I picked up Tebow midway thru the year and didnt lose a single game after until the championship vs Dylan's stacked team.

13. nikpin

Yes yes it did. I forgot I could just renew it which makes things pretty damn easy. Hopefully we can get 10 that want to play.

14. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I'm in like McLovin's first time.

15. DirtycashDylan

Tebow almost got me to the playoffs in my pay league. I drafted Kolb late like an idiot.

16. CoachRedd

I remember checking my fantasy score one game. I was down like 6 points and the only player I had left was Tebow and he was in the third quarter and had like 3 points. I figured I had lost. Next thing I know, he goes nuts in the fourth(like every game) and I end up winning by 7 or 8. LOL Tebow.

17. nikpin

God bless Tebow.

18. DirtycashDylan

That was some of the funnest football I have ever watched. I lost my hate for Tebow when he went pro because, whether he's on my FF team or not, there's no where to hide in the pros.

19. CoachRedd

The Bears game, Dolphins game, and Jets game were all hilarious. Amazing how one player/team won 3 different games that were basically identical.

20. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I'm already in a league with $$ involved, this can be my free one. I'd be glad to join. DirtycashDylan no stealing my roster like last time.

21. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Joined as 'Just The Tip'. Looking forward to this man.

22. IrishBearcat

I'm "Gloryhole Days"

23. DirtycashDylan

Remind me.

24. IrishBearcat

Chatbox - be there or be square... NOW

25. DirtycashDylan

I'll be sitting it out Crumb, assuming we're also doing a H4Y league. I like to keep it at 2 leagues. I don't like rooting for every player in the NFL.