FANTASY STUDS OF THE WEEK- week 8 edition

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by saintsdave75, Jun 8, 2010.

1. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Disclaimer: this is something new I'd like to try out to contribute something, let me know if it sucks or not; point determinations are based on the fantasy league scoring methods that I mostly play with: passing- 1 pt per 25 yds, 4 pts per TD pass; rushing/receiving- 1 pt per 10 yds, 6 pts per TD, 1 pt per reception.

This was definitely the week for the stud running backs to come out and play, as 6 RBs scored over 30 fantasy points, with 3 of them scoring more than 40!!!! We also had 3 QBs scoring in the 30 point range, including the top 2 involved shooting it out in the same game. Let's break it down:

RBs

6 studly contenders this week:
    Bjoern Mason (Arizona)- 190 yds rushing, 1 reception, 30 yds receiving, 3 TDs
    Reggie Bush (Philadelphia)- 248 yds rushing, 3 TDs
    Matt Forte (Chicago)- 22 yds rushing, 6 receptions, 83 yds receiving, 2 TDs
    Adrian Peterson (Minnesota)- 237 yds rushing, 4 receptions, 65 yds receiving, 1 TD
    Joey Keller (New Orleans)- 99 yds rushing, 2 receptions, 11 yds receiving, 3 TDs
    Michael Turner (Atlanta)- 120 yds rushing, 5 receptions, 16 yds receiving, 2 TDs

WRs

Dion Grimes (Chicago)- 5 receptions, 173 yds, 2 TDs
    Chris Chambers (San Diego)- 4 receptions, 125 yds, 1 TD
    Tiquan Underwood (Kansas City)- 3 receptions, 137 yds, 2 TDs
    Steve Smith (Jacksonville)- 4 receptions, 118 yds, 2 TDs

TEs

Dallas Clark (Indianapolis)- 6 receptions, 89 yds, 2 TDs
    Kellen Winslow (Arizona)- 4 receptions, 92 yds, 1 TD
    Ryen Garoppolo (Atlanta)- 5 receptions, 83 yds, 1 TD

QBs

Jay Cutler (Chicago)- 387 yds, 4 TDs
    Spencer McCallister (Indianapolis)- 454 yds, 5 TDs
    Drew Brees (Jacksonville)- 346 yds, 5 TDs, 1 INT

FANTASY STUD OF THE WEEK

REGGIE BUSH- RB- EAGLES

Bush led all fantasy scorers this week with 42.8 points. Impressively, all of his points came from rushing, as he had a brilliant performance in week 8 against the Giants by gaining 248 yds rushing on 20 carries and 3 TDs to go with that.

Ideal lineup- week 8

QB- McCallister (Ind)
    RB- Bush (Phil)
    RB- Mason (Ariz)
    WR- Grimes (Chi)
    WR- Underwood (KC)
    TE- Clark (Ind)
    FLEX- Peterson (Min)

2. chrisdstan

chrisdstan Walk On

Wow now that's something different I like everything i read very nice job i cannot wait to read more.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I like this alot Dave. Most of us play Fantasy Football so this is a fun perspective on whats going on in our league!

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

dude, this is awesome. great job.

5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

That is very cool... Also never thought i'd see McCallister of all QB's in the league to be in a fantasy line-up!!

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

haha very nice, this is a very VERY big reach but to build up anticipation for the upcoming 2010 Fantasy football season maybe a couple of us could have a sort of OMFL fantasy season just like reg fantasy football but using the OMFL stats and players!!!

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This is some cool stuff man, where are all the awesome Bills?

8. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Because you demanded it:

FANTASY SPOTLIGHT:

BUFFALO BILLS

Top stud:

TE- Shawn Nelson: the Southern Miss tight end leads all Bills receivers with 33 catches for 403 yds and 2 TDs, including studly performances week 5 against the Jets with 5 catches for 60 yds and 1 TD and in week 2 against the Chiefs pulling in 6 catches for 114 yds and 1 TD.

Power Trio:

HB- Marshawn Lynch, WR- Terrell Owens, WR- Brandon Marshall: these 3 always have the potential to get stud numbers any given week, but not all 3 at once. It's a crapshoot, but the most reliable fantasy starter of the 3 would probably be Marshall, would is 2nd on the team in receiving with 23 catches for 393 yds and 1 TD, but no points for punting balls. Lynch and Owens would at least make good flex-spot options depending on either whether the Bills have a favorable matchup or you're desperate due to byes or injuries

QB Watch:

QB- Trent Edwards: while never considered a stud number, because of the great receivers he has to work with, Trent can definitely put up studesque numbers. I wouldn't be hesitant to start him in a pinch

Dark Horse:

WR- Roscoe Parrish: probably really shouldn't be called a dark horse, since he actually leads the team in TDs receiving with 3, along with 19 catches for 264 yds and 2 rushing TDs on 45 yds.

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Because you demanded it:

FANTASY SPOTLIGHT:

BUFFALO BILLS

Top stud:

TE- Shawn Nelson: the Southern Miss tight end leads all Bills receivers with 33 catches for 403 yds and 2 TDs, including studly performances week 5 against the Jets with 5 catches for 60 yds and 1 TD and in week 2 against the Chiefs pulling in 6 catches for 114 yds and 1 TD.

Power Trio:

HB- Marshawn Lynch, WR- Terrell Owens, WR- Brandon Marshall: these 3 always have the potential to get stud numbers any given week, but not all 3 at once. It's a crapshoot, but the most reliable fantasy starter of the 3 would probably be Marshall, who is 2nd on the team in receiving with 23 catches for 393 yds and 1 TD, but no points for punting balls. Lynch and Owens would at least make good flex-spot options depending on either whether the Bills have a favorable matchup or you're desperate due to byes or injuries

QB Watch:

QB- Trent Edwards: while never considered a stud number, because of the great receivers he has to work with, Trent can definitely put up studesque numbers. I wouldn't be hesitant to start him in a pinch

Dark Horse:

WR- Roscoe Parrish: probably really shouldn't be called a dark horse, since he actually leads the team in TDs receiving with 3, along with 19 catches for 264 yds and 2 rushing TDs on 45 yds.