[FAQ] TFS General Information

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How often should I check the Tradition Sports Online forums?
    Preferably every day, or as often as you can. All match scheduling, stat tracking, and important league announcements are posted in our forums.

The website also tells us the last time you've logged on and the last page you were viewing, so if we see you haven't checked in a few weeks (or longer), we may assume you have abandoned the league without notice.

Can I check the forums from my smartphone?
    Yes! You should download Tapatalk for your mobile devices, it's the best way to stay current with all league announcements.

What if I am going away for an extended period of time without access to my PS4?
    Post the dates and any important details in the Vacation Thread. Don't worry about your games while you're gone, they will be marked as postponed and will reopen upon your return. If you feel you will be unavailable for longer than 3 weeks, contact your commissioner and arrangements will be made.

It's been over a week and my opponent has not posted our match result. What should I do?
    Post the result yourself. It's a good idea for both managers to track match stats/results during and after a game. The most important thing is that the result is posted and recorded, not necessarily who posts. It's better to have 2 posts of the same match than no post at all.

How do I download the latest rosters?
    Since we use custom rosters to play all TFS matches, you will need to make sure you have downloaded the latest weekly roster update. To do so, follow these steps:

Customize > Edit Teams > Download Updates​

After you update your rosters, you will be able to set and save your preferred lineup in the Team Management screen. That way you will not have to rush to set it up pre-match.

How do I set up my TFS match with my opponent?

Step 1: Make sure your controller settings are correct (see below for the full list)
    Step 2: Make any changes you need to your squad, saving over the default Team Sheet.
    Step 3: Navigate to "Online Friendlies" and set up your match with the following settings
    - Half Length: 10 Mins
    - Controls: Any
    - Game Speed: Slow
    - Squad Type: Custom​

What happens when my kit clashes with my opponent's kit?
    When selecting kits, the home team should select theirs first, and the away team should adjust accordingly. Try to avoid like-vs-like situations when selecting kits.

What should I do if I get disconnected from my opponent?
    There are no hard rules for disconnects. Ultimately, it is up to the two managers involved to come up with an agreement on how to complete the match. Below is a set of guidelines to help you determine the best course of action:
    • Early disconnect with 0-0 score: restart match
    • Early disconnect with score: restart match OR re-create goal at proper time and continue match
    • Disconnect at/near halftime: keep the score, replay one half adding +45' to all match events
    • Late disconnect: depending on time/score, replay a half OR agree to end match

What are the correct controller settings for TFS play?
    Auto Switching: Air Balls (personal preference)
    Auto Switching Move Assist: Low (personal preference)
    Passing Power Assist: Off
    Pass Assist: Semi
    Through Pass Assist: Manual
    Shot Assist: Semi
    Cross Assist: Semi
    Lob Pass Assist: Manual
    Save Assist: Semi (n/a for TFS play)
    Analog Sprint: On
    Defending: Tactical (required)

How much defensive pressure is too much?
    Try to strike a balance here. If your opponent is possessing the ball in their own half, they are not really threatening your goal, so don't pressure as if they are. Use your forward (s) to track the passes around the back until your opponent starts moving the ball to their midfield/forwards. AT THAT POINT, APPLY REASONABLE AND NECESSARY PRESSURE.

How do player card suspensions work?
    Let's say your player accumulates 2 yellow cards after Matchday 4 in Match Week 2 (4-6). He would be suspended for Matchday 5. If your player accumulates 2 yellow cards after Matchday 4, and that is the last match you complete in the Match Week, your player would be suspended for the first match played in the next Match Week (Matchday 7 in this example).

What should I do when I can beat a guy 12-0?
    In a word, don't. If you are clearly better than your opponent, here are some suggestions:
    • At 3-0, set your team tactic to ultra defensive
    • Back off. Stop pressing to tackle and play the passing lanes instead.
    • Change formations. Move to a 5-4-1 or other defensive sets.
    • Use your subs. Take off your best players and sub in lower OVR or more defense-oriented players.
    • Offer to help. Give your opponent non-patronizing feedback after the match through site PMs.
    What if I can't help myself from scoring? Isn't it boring to just pass it around? This is a pussy league! I don't care about feelings. I am in X number of other leagues and I hate this league.
    If you find yourself making these comments, then you need to ask yourself if you fully understand the mission of TSO. It's adult, it's sim, it's about community. If you're only concerned about your W-L record, go play head-to-head matches somewhere else.

How do I earn icons for my TSO signature?
    The only way to earn icons in your signature is to win a Serie A regular-season title ( :1stars: ) OR Coppa Tradizione title ( :trophy: )

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

not showing up for me. blank.

3. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

Still looking for the info on HOW we are playing games this season (8).

I have never played in Match Lobbies to be honest - just have played Online Friendlies and then with FIFA Ultimate Team and Seasons.

So a little tutorial would help.

4. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Be sure to set up a game in the following way, instead of using Online Friendlies:
    ...Online Modes > Custom Games > Match Lobbies > (Meet your opponent in a match lobby)
    ...-Half Length = 10 Mins
    ...-Controls = Semi-Assisted
    ...-Game Speed = Slow
    ...Squads are automatically set to Custom, so you should have your pre-set lineups. Be sure to download the latest roster pre-match to make sure your roster is up-to-date.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

not to nit pick... but we may just want to edit this into the rules so that there is no confusion. But that's just me... I get drunk and confused a lot.

6. RedAL925

FAQ updated. League Rules & Regulations will be updated at some point as well, thanks for the reminder

• Like Like x 1
  7. COLDPredator

COLDPredator Walk On

I've downloaded the recent rosters, but I still have to make changes to my lineups

8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Everytime you download latest rosters it sets those rosters to the most "current" formation in real life. So you have to make changes everytime you are forced to download the newest rosters.

9. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Is it ok to change kick takers before hand, so we don't have to deal with changing them throughout a game? Is that considered customization to line up ?

10. RedAL925

That is not considered customization, you can take corners/free kicks with whomever you'd like, pre- or during match

11. RedAL925

add download highlights...

12. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Soooo..ive uploaded a several videos to EA and when i click the My Media tab is says I have no videos....I give up. Sorry you guys don't get to see my 90th minute dangle then upper 90 screamer from 22 yds ouy with Cohade to win the game....

13. BESHIKTAS

Which website? Did you change your persona? Answers to these questions would fix your problem more than likely !

14. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

The website is just poorly designed and made up. It's ok i don't need videos.

15. Go Devils

EA or here?

16. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

EA Sports, I added my old persona linked to my PSN so i can upload videos and i didnt work....fuck it. Im not worried about it

17. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

kinda what besh said- make sure the top right corner where your persona is says PS3 and your name. If that doesnt get it to show up, then i'm not sure whats going on

18. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Is there a rule on lag? Like quit before x minute, in case it's too much?

19. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

no real rule... but if lag's clearly an issue, you should pause and try to talk it out real quick w/ your opponent

20. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

No listing this year with acceptable teams for usage?

21. RedAL925

Still 4-star and under cap. Roster updates weekly

22. BESHIKTAS

You have to go by the member list, and see which ones are taken. Then, go into game and see what you like. We don't have a list of teams this season. No one worked on it.

23. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

:doodie:

24. Go Devils

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.