Fathers who have daughters.... Help me out!

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hellisan, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Fathers who have daughters.... Help me out!

Ok so I will find out this Tuesday what the sex of our child will be, as my wife is currently around 16 weeks along....

I can think of about a hundred reasons I want a boy. But when it comes to a girl, all I can think of is the things I'm deadly afraid of:

Having to face the "can I go on a date" question and every related thing...

The way I've seen my sisters treat my dad... Just treating him like he's QUITE LITERALLY retarded, often times in public...

I can't think of a hundred negatives but I'm having trouble thinking of positives.... So guys who have had girls... Give me some! (or make me feel even more nervous if you want... lol)

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

One Negative:

If you have a daughter, I'll be sure to send my future son (I only run high-grade sperm) over to try and hookup with her. :(

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Helli,

I have 2 year old little girl, and 3 step-children (7, 12, 14).

The oldest is a 14 year old girl. Her mom tolerates MUCH more than I do and she treats her mom like she is "OBVIOUSLY RETARDED" as you say. She doesn't do that to me because I will punish her in front of everyone.:) Say what you want about respect and all that, but if a kid knows what is going to happen and they don't like it they will avoid it for the most part.

As for dating, she is at the age where she is boy crazy and it is ANNOYING. I try to stay as uninvolved in this part of things as I can, LOL. She has her dad to be the crazy gun toting parent.

That said, my daughter will not date until she has her own place...I have already decided.:) If that doesn't work, I will put her in a nunnery.

Shaun

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Wow.

I have a 10 year old daughter and all I can tell you is this:

Get ready to be patient with ATTITUDE. All women have it, and in my experience it manifests itself quick with young girls. You have to be patient with it.

Most importantly though, when my daughter was born I really got protective. Even with the minor day to day things. I think I'd be somewhat less protective with a boy. When you look at that little girl and know that it's up to you to make sure she is ok it really changes your mindset. At least it did for me.

Congratulations.

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Congrats man. It's a tough thing having a daughter. My little sister has been driving my parents crazy (she's 14) with the boy shit. She's got a smart mouth on her, but she knows not to do it toward my mom but her and dad butt heads all the time because they are so much alike (high strung, temperamental, etc). She talks on the phone to guys her age all the time but that's as far as it goes.

Lord help any parent raising any kid, be it male or female, in this day and age.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I have two year old twin girls... all I can say is run!!! Your going to be putty in their hands. Every tear is gonna touch your heart. Every sad face is gonna force you to make 'em smile. Man, I've been bitch for two years and it doesn't seem like its' ever goin' to let up. I can't help it. I spoil my girls to death. But I enjoy every minute of it.

Advice: Don't buy 'em a doll baby. No lil' girl should ever learn how to be a mom that young.

7. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I have 2 girls...and people warned me that with boys you only have to worry about 1 pecker...with girls you have to worry about a lot of them.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

good luck helli. That is what scares me most about having children (besides making sure they are healthy)....being surrounded by girls/women.

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

first of all, congrats Helli.. did you already tell me about this? cause this is the first time i remember hearing about it.

Daughters... wow, let me tell you how great mine is. She drowns me in unconditional love like I've never felt before. She always thinks about me and how i feel about things... we kind of feed of each other emotionaly.

There is much more affection between girls and their fathers it seems. My boy just wants to wrestle and punch me in the face all the time.. (that's fun too, don't get me wrong) but Paige always wants to cuddle, read stories together and talk about the world. It's hard to expain, but you get the feeling that this little girl NEEDS you. When nobody else can calm Paige down when she's scared or sad, I can.

Congrats again... either way your going to love that kid more than life itself.

(PS.. does this qualify as the gayest post in history on TF?)

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[youtube]xP-Sxfntdb4[/youtube]

11. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Nice follow up post Ryno to try and recover from as you stated the gayest post in TF history.

Congrats Helli. I currently don't have any advice, but I find all this interesting. I recently got engaged, so the clock is ticking until I'm in the same boat. Good luck and as long as they're healthy, everything else should take care of itself.

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

No Ryno not the gayest. Murkya has had gayer posts;) Congrats Heli got 3 boys myself and they mean the world to me. Fatherhood is quite amazing it changes you a lot. You tell yourself you won't change but you do. I make my boys(my friends) laugh all the time but my boys think I am corny and embarassing to them. Be patient and enjoy her. Every one told me the time goes fast. On May 13th my oldest turned 8 yet it feels like yesterday I was feeding him his 1st bottle.

13. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Congrats Helli. I completely understand where you are coming from, I have two boys ages 2 and 1, and prior to the appointment where we found out whether we were having boys or girls I was actively rooting for boys.

Aside from not wanting to deal with the drama I saw my younger sister put my parents through when she was a pre-teen/teenager, I remember what me and my friends were like about girls at that age. I'm not sure what I would do to the first boy that would come by the house looking to date my daughter (if I ever have one) but I'm fairly certain it might border on illegal.

Just remember the advice Bill Simmons of ESPN gives to all fathers of little girls, your main priority as a father is to do whatever you have to do to ensure that she stays off the stripper pole as an adult.:D

14. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Congrats Helli. Everyone's advice is great. I have an almost 8 yr old girl(She wil be 8 in November) & all I can say its been an experience. You will spoil her. You will worry all the time. I remember when she 1st started preschool 2 yrs ago & I'm taking her to her class. All the parents are in the hall saying goodbye to their kids & we get to the front of her class door & we look @ each other & she squeezes my hand a little tighter & I say "So are you ready? She looks @ me, takes a deep breath & says "Yes. I'm ready." I bend down to give her hug & kiss & I start getting teary eyed. My daughter walks in the class, looks back & sees me crying a little bit, runs back out & gives me another hug & says "Don't worry daddy. I'll be alright. I love you." Thats when I knew I had a very special child. Fast forward to this past Saturday @ her softball game where she caught her 1st popup & she was so happy she started jumping up & down & screaming "Dad Dad did you see? I caught it..I caught it." But in her excitement she forgot to throw it back to 1st to get the runner out. She was upset a little bit, but no1 else was, so she was ok. She came over to me & asked if I seen her catch it I said yes & seen I had a little tears in my eyes & she asked me whats wrong? I told her I was just thinkin about her 1st day of preschool & she rolled her eyes & said Oh Dad & went back to her team. I just had to laugh.

Its moments like that where I'm glad I have children. Now my 2 yr old son.........(oh boy. story for another time :) )

15. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

There is one plus to having a girl.

As a father you really have one job ...

Keeping her off the strippers pole.

If you can do that everything else is cream cheese.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

That's twice I read that in this thread!!

Cream Cheese.....

[​IMG]

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Thanks man, I mentioned it on the board once before maybe... This post was exactly what I was hoping to hear, and I think that I saw somewhere (where?) pictures of you and your daughter at a father-daughter dance or something? You did look pretty happy then. edit: This was Rusty... My bad....

Pretty deep (and gay, to cover my manhood) ish Ryno, thanks.

I agree, the baby being healthy is THE ONLY interest of mine when it boils right down to it. Thx.

Haha hopefully I can do that... I think it's just so scary the change they go through. My wife's mom has done a helluva job raising her children, and one of them is Karen, who just graduated from high school. It amazes me that I have known her all the way from when she was a sweet 7-year-old who used to wrestle with me and tie my shoelaces together and try to teach me spanish (with me screwing up on purpose just to get these great reactions out of her)... To where I just feel lucky if she acknowledges my presence. But obviously I'm not her dad or anything.... I'm still scared lol.

I agree hopefully can keep daughter completely off the stripper pole.

This post rivals Ryno... lol :partynanas:

But seriously that's some good stuff Khaalis, thanks. For a guy named after a terrorist, you're a good dude LMAO....

Simmons regurgitator... Firefox tells me this isn't even a word but I'm leaving it...

LOL thanks guys.

18. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I agree with Ryno man. There is nothing like the bond between a father and a daughter. I have both an boys are fun by my daughter is my little angel.

19. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

hahahahahaahhaha....I love that. Excellent point too!

20. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Let me paraphrase...

G-Unit says he loves peckers.

21. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I have two daughters... Sarah [3] and Rachel [9 mos]. I have always had a feeling I will live in a house of 3 daughters. I will be like the major King of the Castle.

Heres my take - [I defer to those who have been through it] the teen years will be hell, but girls are harder on their mothers anyway. In the college years [hopefully] and for the balance, daughters will look up to dad like no-one else and love you like crazy as long as you were there for them. Daughters don't need you to be their friend, they need you to always be there. When you are old it's the daughters that will be there to take care of you.

Loved jkhaalis991 story, my daughter Sarah is like that... I'm loving it.

22. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Big Positive:
    She's going to be your little girl till the day you die.

Added bonus:
    You will no longer have to wonder what you're going to do with any extra cash you have left over after monthly bills. :D

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

oh fucking this big time.... she's 6 and already knows how to get into my wallet.

24. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

already have a 17 yr old daughter and a 3 yr old son and one on the way. (not due til Nov). have already gone through the hard stuff girls go through. Now I'm in the Dating scene. and as long as they treat her with respect, I'm okay. If Not. Hell's Coming With Me.

25. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

G-Unit would like a post like that. LOL