Favorite college players of all time?

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by CoachRedd, Jun 26, 2011.

1. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

2. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Woodson is mine

3. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Being a Fresno State fan my favorites are David Carr and Ryan Mathews. I also loved watching Reggie Bush play-he was amazing in college.

4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Wes Welker. Named my firstborn Welker.

Just incredible for a kid that nobody believed in. No offers for college ball until a player decommitted from Tech on signing day.

Undrafted, cut by the Chargers, and now an All Pro who's led the league in receptions for the last several years.

I love this video.

:12 - that was awesome and a night I'll never forget.

:22 that spin move is just siiiiick.

1:12 - Aggie has him bottled up and the play stopped and he just squirts through for a big gain.

1:48 - The guy has balls. And am arm, too. He begged Leach for this play when Tech needed one more first down to seal the win against UT in 2002. A play that will live in Tech lore forever.

1:58 - As an aspiring football coach, this play blew my mind. I remember watching it and just being dumbfounded. We ran that little slip screen all the time. It may have been done before, but this was the first time I'd ever seen a fake off that slip screen where the blocker just faded out. Touchdown Red Raiders.

2:26 - This punt return against Colorado set the record for most NCAA Punt returns for TDs. I was sitting in the corner of the endzone and remember yelling "Come to me baby!" as it felt like he was running straight at me toward the end of his run. He had another one returned inside the 10 in that game as well. Don't know WTF Colorado was thinking punting to him.

I love the picture this video ends with. Seeing the one red raider with a huge double guns up in the midst of a sea of aggieness. Classic.

One of my favorite Wes highlights isn't on the video. Against Clemson in a bowl game, he actually returned a punt for a TD, which wasn't all that uncommon. But I think it may be the only time a team got flagged for a "halo" violation...and given up the return for a TD on the same play. He could make you miss in a phone booth.

Ahhh, Wes.

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Here's the highlight vid of our dismantling of Clemson in 02. The Halo/Punt return for TD is at 1:48. I still chuckle when I see this.

6. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Homer alert

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Qwon needs to post his wacking material.

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Sadly, Nik isn't really joking. I've watched this video so many times...Still love to watch it before hitting the gym.

9. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Shit, I'm definitely gay for AD...Not even ashamed to admit that. I was at OU when he played there... He's a freak of an athlete along with Calvin Johnson...

11. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I would do a shot of Bob Stoops' semen.