Favorite Movie Scenes/Quotes

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The 'Mallrats' quote-fest that whygodwhy1111 and I had in the scheduling thread made me think this would be a good topic.

I'll post some of my favorites later, but what are some of your all-time favorite scenes or quotes over the years?

2. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

• Like Like x 1
  3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

"I'm gonna take you to the bank senator... the blood bank"

-he says to himself in an empty room

4. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Here's a bunch from one of my all time favorites.

"I'm giving you a choice, either put on these glasses or start eating that trash can."

"I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kick ass....And I'm all out of bubblegum."

"You see, I take these glass off, she looks like like a regular person, doesn't she? Put them back on.... formaldehyde face!"

"The Golden rule...He who has the gold, makes the rules."

5. Dru50

What movies are these from? They sound familiar but I can't place them.

6. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

My all time favorite movie quote slash scene coems from Boondock Saints. It is when Rocco, Murphy, and Connor are all in Rocco's Girlfriend's apartment drinking, smoking, and reenacting the assassination that just took place in the hotel room. Rocco begins to get frustrated with the situation he is in working for the mob and decieds he is no longer going to take their shit. He proceeds to yell "Fuck it. I'm done!" As he slams his fists on the table. The gun that is lying there goes off splattering his Girlfriend's cat all over the wall. The brothers and Rocco freak out due to the gunshot with Rocco yelling "I'm hit, I'm hit." It settles down for a second and they all realize what just happens and Murphy says "I can't believe that just fucking happened." It might be horrible but I laugh every time. Classic.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Dru50 Mine is from They Live. Whygod's is from Hard to Kill with Steven Seagal.

8. Dru50

That's why they would be familiar. I grew up watching Seagal movies, and any movie with Roddy Piper is ok in my book. I love the fight scene in that movie where Piper is dropping the guy with suplexes in a back alley - classic.

9. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Oh yeah, that fight scene was ridiculously long, and all because Keith David wouldn't put on those glasses. Love that film.

10. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

I also want to throw shout outs to basically every line from Clerks II.

11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

The scene in Goodfellas where Joe Pesci is givin Ray Liota shit about saying he was funny , classic

• Like Like x 1
  12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Or anything Brad Pitt said in fightclub

• Like Like x 1
  13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

anythhing from mean girls

14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I watched that shit once , had the sound off tho

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

It's actually a funny ass movie man.

16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I was trying to paint the portrait without Chris Hanson showing up dude , I am sure it's funny , can't be as funny as coming to America , or Harlem nights

17. Dru50

A few from off the top of my head:

"I don't want your life!" {said with Texas accent} - Dawson, from Varsity Blues

"I know kung fu." - Ted, looking as moronic as ever in The Matrix

Here a longer one:

"Now, let's analyze what's been working for us.....{throws folder down}...NOT A GOD DAMN THINGS BEEN WORKING FOR US! Like this goddamn suit doesn't work for me...and this stinking tie....and this goddamn shirt! It doesn't work for me! You know how to play winning hard-nosed football? You play football like Ed Gennero played football! A guy who gave his life for this football team. He was a 140 lb halfback, and he played like a goddamn wildman! No! Like a goddamn rampaging beast! And that's the way you gotta do it! You go out there! You tear their fucking heads off, and you shit down their necks! Let us pray."
    Coach Rig from Necessary Roughness

And on the serious side:

"Little things used to mean so much to Shelly - I used to think they were kind of trivial. Believe me, nothing is trivial."
    Brandon Lee from The Crow

That one always kind of gets me, considering the guy died like 2 days after filming that scene. The entire movie takes on a different tone when you consider some of the scenes in light of his death on the set. One of my favorite all-time movies, and one of the more tragic deaths in Hollywood history in my opinion. Brandon Lee had everything it took to be a huge action star in the 90's.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

For you viewing pleasure...

• Like Like x 3
  19. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

"Cheese and Sprinkles"! Lol