1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Favorite Offensive Formation?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Everyone has a favorite.

In the past, mine was the ACE-Twins set, but only when it had the counter as the default run audible, and the PA Counter as the default PA pass (Boise, Michigan State, Pitt, and a few others have this). But I used it way too much, so I went to a book that didn't have it anymore.

Since, I've been all about the two back, which is why I took the Kentucky book.

This year, there's no telling. I'm running a lot of stuff I have never run before.

2. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

Im with you. I've always liked SG Y-Trips. But new team this year, and new PB, it might switch. We'll see how it plays out!

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Ace two Tight: I love the balance that you get, the ability to run a ball to any gap, and the ability to motion guys into sets that give the defense real trouble. I love running out of this set and it is a mainstay in my program.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I have to say I like passing from under center more than from the gun. I throw a lot of short passes, and the bad snaps you get every four or five snaps makes that hard. Favorite set at the moment = Strong Twins. Favorite shotgun set = Trips, with the standard Spread set getting an honorable mention.

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

My current favorite is Ace: Big, and also got to love the Maryland I for the short yardage situations.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

My favorite short yardage was Power I. I could toss sweep your butt all night in that package, but I gave that book up in search of a new challenge. The Syracuse book is loaded from a run stand point and has plenty of great passing concepts in it as well.

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Syracuse seems to be one of the all time top choices the last few years.

8. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

I'm using Syracuse in Zeros to Heros. My biggest problem with that book is that there are so many concepts that it's hard for me to concentrate and I find myself running plays I don't really understand well enough.

I like Boise State because there's only like 6 passing concepts run out of a bunch of different formations. My perfect playbook would be half Boise State, half Syracuse. Also, like Archie, I'm a big fan of the Ace Twins set and that's not in Syracuse.